What's new

Dead or alive, you're coming with me: The Ultimate RoboCop Guide

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Premium Supporter
His d2 is 8 frames. U sure its mediocre?
The startup and safety are good but the hitbox is nothing special. If anything, I always d2 too early, so a slower d2 actually works better for me.

RoboCop

Premium Supporter
Got v2 pretty well fleshed out. Just let me know if I'm missing anything. v3 is balls. About to start on v1.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just a random mu thing.
Fujin slide goes under robocops mid pistol in v2 (2nd 3rd shot of ex will hit)

Strange since it doesn't go under Cassie mid gun

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Premium Supporter
Another thing to note for V2.
Any launcher combo that ends in bf2 can be full combo punished if break away the hit before the rocket,
if doing it off f32 opponent can also break away cause the missle not to come out you to get f322 and also be full comboed on whiff

With RoboCops limited combo ability sure the more this gets known, more people will fuck it up

RoboCop

Premium Supporter
Another thing to note for V2.
Any launcher combo that ends in bf2 can be full combo punished if break away the hit before the rocket,
if doing it off f32 opponent can also break away cause the missle not to come out you to get f322 and also be full comboed on whiff

With RoboCops limited combo ability sure the more this gets known, more people will fuck it up
After some testing, I think it's better to end with f32~db1, anyway. It's safe against breakaway and gets fantastic Oki, with only minimal damage loss.

RoboCop

Premium Supporter
You're right next to the opponent and around +32, if I remember correctly. It depends on their wakeup attacks, but against some characters you can go for a dash-jumpover punch and their u2 will whiff. Or you can hover just outside their wakeup range and check them with b4, f2, dash-f3, or dash-grab.

RoboCop

Premium Supporter
I've started filling in some of the Matchup information, though as a PC player, I have a limited pool of high-level players to play. The Fujin section is the most fleshed out so far. Got any info about other matchups? Just post and I'll add it to the thread.

need some expert opinion on this :

Active Patrol is +9 on hit and puts you face to face with the opponent if cancelled from a string. From what I can tell, the plus frames guarantee a command grab follow up which seems to hit the opponent on standing/crouching regardless of block.

Currently experimenting with V1. My gameplan revolves on cancelling F21/F32 with Reactive Patrol on block (which gives you enough space to avoid their d1 mash) or cancel into Active Patrol on hit for that +9 advantage on close range.

Some character’s d4 might catch Robo during Reactive Patrol, in case it happens, throw in some F212 to condition them to block high.

From personal experience, Robocop V2 has a pretty good chance in outplaying Sub.

Zoning :

Dead of Winter :

Zoning :

Get some distance, bait and block iceball, use grenades to get plus frames on block, then low gunshot to either chip or catch him off guard. Mind his amped iceball and be sure to block every now and then.

If you’re up against a scrub, they’d likely spam iceball then throw out amped iceball full screen to catch you off guard. If you notice they’re doing this, go on the defensive let them waste their meter then spam low gunshot from a safe distance while fishing for gunshot KB on regular iceball.

If your opponent knows what they’re doing, they’d likely to save their meter and instead try to rush you down to your corner. Challenge their footsies and keep the fight mid screen. Use D4 and B4 to beat their b1 and overhead on sweep range. If they dash in to get into b3 range, knock them down with b4 and keep checking them with d4 into low shot. Sooner or later they’d start jumping in, up shot to setup oki or just get some distance to resume your zoning.

Slide variation :

Low gunshots amped beats slide, and the normal one still punish it on max distance IIRC. Can’t remember if arm cc cannon could hit Sub on axe throw jump height though.

Footsies :

D4 and B4 check Sub just outside of reguler sweep range to make sure he doesn’t get near enough for low/OH mix ups.

D4 and B4 are also great to counter Sub’s dash/walk back into low kick.

If you see them dashing/double dashing in, that means they’re going for a low/grab. b4 right away to catch them while they’re in dash animation. You might have to walk/dash back yourself before the b4 depending on the situation.