What's new

DC vs Marvel?

Well, not just JL stories or ones like Death of Superman but more so DC in general with the Vertigo series is VERY dark, far darker then Marvel and even regular DC JL stories. Watchmen, V and Constantine are super dark.

As for the over the top with DC, I think both do it at times. Meaning, I know some folks always mention "Superman this, or SA Superman etc" but Marvel has had their share of ridiculously overpowered characters too that were retconned such as Beyonder....that character was one walking PIS element if I've ever seen one lol. I mean he reshaped the MU and was practically on par if not stronger then TOAA (which is the God of MU like Presence is to DCU and Elder Gods to MKU) yet got his powers and was stupid enough to get fooled by Dr. Doom a mortal with magic lol. So I guess I just couldn't take that character pre-ret Beyonder remotely seriously, even Marvel knew this I think and retconned him lol.

Thing why I feel Superman regularly such as current 52 or even Silver Age(so long as he doesn't just gain new powers instantly lol) is that I expect a guy to be "Super or powerful" but not "cosmic" powerful with a name Superman being Super, hence the name Superman.

Of course this is my opinion based on reading comics from both over the years or known stories. I don't hate Marvel but I do believe they tend to cater to the younger audience, even with their films just compare Avengers to Dark Knight films. And you'll see what I mean about which is darker.

Lex made one of the Bizarro's pre- new 52, maybe that's who you're thinking of? And Superboy(Connor Kent) is half Lex Luthor's DNA and Half Superman's DNA, so essentially he's a hybrid part human/part kryptonian that has SOME of Superman's powers but is no where near as powerful as Clark.

As for Lex and Doomsday, Lex didn't create DD, he's ancient Kryptonian creature made to destroy and came to Earth winded up buried until he woke up to cause havic and thus set up the fight with him vs. the JL and Superman more importantly. Then he died, came back quite a few times and eventually met with Imperiex while floating in space and Imperiex vaporized him literally to bones...later on it was Lex who found him and tried to use him against Superman. Got his DNA and from that DD was able to again come back from death. He died a few times though, Superman fight, several Kryptonians killed DD, Imperiex killing DD etc he doesn't really stay dead given his abilities and you can't kill him the same way twice.
Wow...all out war huh?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I prefer Marvel, lot of storylines I love, lots of great heroes and villains.

DC has some great characters too, but they pull a whole lot of crap sometimes. I mean the continuity/universe of DC has been rebooted at least twice now.

And although both sides pull that resurrection schtick a lot I really hate DC for it, they are literally incapable of killing anyone and letting them stay dead.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
There is no certain answer to which is the best and which is the worst. Simply because both of those terms are so vague, and each has his own vision of "best" and "worst".

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I prefer Marvel, lot of storylines I love, lots of great heroes and villains.

DC has some great characters too, but they pull a whole lot of crap sometimes. I mean the continuity/universe of DC has been rebooted at least twice now.

And although both sides pull that resurrection schtick a lot I really hate DC for it, they are literally incapable of killing anyone and letting them stay dead.
Marvel has rebooted so many series' so many times I lost count. Spiderman alone has been reboot like three or four times. Also, I would normally agree about DC having a harder time killing characters, but lately Marvel is really getting worse about it than normal. Johnny Storm was dead for maybe 6 six months and Peter Parker not even one before we already started seeing glimpses of his comeback. I'm curious to see how long Professor Xavier stays dead.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
There is no certain answer to which is the best and which is the worst. Simply because both of those terms are so vague, and each has his own vision of "best" and "worst".
Pretty much this ^

I know hardly anything about DC, only becoming slightly interested recently because of Injustice. I grew up with Marvel, with shows like Spiderman: The Animated Series etc. So I've always preferred Marvel over DC.

'Best' will change on the situation, example: Superman fighting someone that has Kryptonite turns Superman into the weakest etc. Unless you mean 'best' as most favourite hero/villain.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Marvel has rebooted so many series' so many times I lost count. Spiderman alone has been reboot like three or four times. Also, I would normally agree about DC having a harder time killing characters, but lately Marvel is really getting worse about it than normal. Johnny Storm was dead for maybe 6 six months and Peter Parker not even one before we already started seeing glimpses of his comeback. I'm curious to see how long Professor Xavier stays dead.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
I agree, Marvel is not great at it either. But Batman was dead for all of ten seconds and they gave Green Lantern one of those bleeding logo covers and he still hasn't died yet. Not to mention that Hal Jordan alone has died so many times it makes me want to cry that he won't stay dead.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
DC:
Batman
V for Vendetta
Flash

MARVEL:
Venom and Spider-Man
Iron Man
Transformers
X-Men
Human Torch

I have always been a bit more on the Marvel side, even though V and Batman both are in my absolute top 3. Truth said, i wouldnt want to be without any. They both have some amazing Heroes, not many of them have awesome villains imo. Besides the Spider-Man and Batman series.
And i also love Ninja Turtles, probably in my top 4, but thats not really related to this, so :b

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Some characters are way too similar, Is there really any difference ability between Hawkeye and Green Arrow?

Spletty

Grandmaster
Marvel has the best hero and villains with spiderman, and magneto and doom and whatnot. But dc has darker and better written comics to me. An batman is a badass.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Marvel has the best hero and villains with spiderman, and magneto and doom and whatnot. But dc has darker and better written comics to me. An batman is a badass.
Magneto is one of the most underrated characters ever man. He is so fucking amazing. Same goes for Doom.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Easily my two favorite villains, but you know who I love? Strangely enough, kraven lol
I really like him at times, but then he has his moments where I find him extremely boring. The Grim Hunt was Godlike though. A lot of Spider-Man's villains are just fantastic characters all around though, Sandman, Vulture and Norman Osbourne are some other really slept on fools.

Reedoms

Noob
Some characters are way too similar, Is there really any difference ability between Hawkeye and Green Arrow?
Now yes, back then there wasn't. Hawkeye was a legit copy of GA but just turned purple. Now they are two completely different people with different skillsets and personalities.

Which has the best and worst hero, and who are they?
Which has the best and worst villian, and who are they?
Best hero?
Marvel: Sentry
to be fair, Red Hood from DC comics takes the second place and Nightwing the third place.

Best villain?
Marvel: Doctor Doom
him and the Void, because I'm biased towards Sentry!

Worst hero?
DC: Batman
in the end of the day, he does nothing.

Worst villain?
DC: Joker
way too much plot-armor.

Doesn't it go for Batman as well ?
Of course :)

But the even more terrible thingy about Batman is indeed the fact that he goes out and does nothing. He captures the criminals, they break out and kill 100 more people. He captures them again, they break out etc.
Someone who is cooler than Batman like Nightwing for example comes along and kills one of the villains, Batman revives them, captures them, they break out ...

Of course :)

But the even more terrible thingy about Batman is indeed the fact that he goes out and does nothing. He captures the criminals, they break out and kill 100 more people. He captures them again, they break out etc.
Someone who is cooler than Batman like Nightwing for example comes along and kills one of the villains, Batman revives them, captures them, they break out ...
Lol I've yelled many times "just f*cking kill them!"

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Best Hero:
Batman
Honestly I just can't get myself to like any of the Avengers anywhere near as I like practically ANY of the main people from the Justice League, real talk.

Best Villian:
Lex Luther
No powers, no martial arts training and still could match against a league of superheroes? Yea.... this guy is amazing.

If it were just DC vs Marvel as a whole I'd have to go for DC because Marvel is a little corny and kid'ish at times. It bothers me.

But if this thread was Justice League vs Xmen..... omg that'd be really really damn close, but I'd have to go with Justice League just by a littleeeeeeeeee bit.

I love how many people are saying Batman should just kill his rogues and get it over with. The same could be said of Marvel. Why the FUCK do Xavier and the X-Men keep letting Magneto live? Or why doesn't Ben Grimm just grab Dr. Doom and squash his head like a grape?

I love how many people are saying Batman should just kill his rogues and get it over with. The same could be said of Marvel. Why the FUCK do Xavier and the X-Men keep letting Magneto live? Or why doesn't Ben Grimm just grab Dr. Doom and squash his head like a grape?
Because Magneto is more powerful than most of them together and often walks on the line of an anti-hero.
Because it's Doctor Doom, who survived being attacked by Thanos who had the Infinity Gauntlet. Doctor Doom also survived by being tossed away by Galactus.
(So happy that he didn't stand a chance against the Sentry, fuck yes!)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Best hero?
Marvel: Sentry
to be fair, Red Hood from DC comics takes the second place and Nightwing the third place.

Best villain?
Marvel: Doctor Doom
him and the Void, because I'm biased towards Sentry!

Worst hero?
DC: Batman
in the end of the day, he does nothing.

Worst villain?
DC: Joker
way too much plot-armor.
I like how you named Joker worst villain for plot armor, but then Doctor Doom gets best villain for Marvel. Oh the irony haha. :p

I like how you named Joker worst villain for plot armor, but then Doctor Doom gets best villain for Marvel. Oh the irony haha. :p
Well, Joker is a skinny guy in a suit, who runs around and kills people for fun, but nothing happens to him.

Doctor Doom is a paranoid badass mofo, who never leaves his castle unprepared. He wears body-armor and has powerful force-fields, also few deadly gadgets and sorcery nearly on pair with the one from Doctor Strange. Additionally to that because he is the ruler of Latveria no one can touch him that easily, because of some democratic BS <___>
Doctor Doom is a thought out character. Joker has plot power.

No offense to you man, I do see that you like the Joker and I like that, but I personally simply don't see the point in the Joker. Chaos here and there yada yada, but it doesn't make any sense at all, which - you could say - is the point behind the Joker, but as a written fictional comic book character he sucks - in my opinion.

My point remains. Marvel has just as many sociopathic villains that get a free pass either because they're too powerful or plot-armor. Thank God that Jean fuckin' Grey is still dead.

I defend Batman because I do not believe that one man should be judge, jury, and executioner. He brings Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, whoever is causing trouble that particular day to the Gotham Police. The courts slam them back into Arkham. Now, in Penguin and Two-Face's case, there is always a chance for rehabilitation. In fact, Penguin HAS DONE SO. As has Harley Quinn. Joker, on the other hand...should've been strapped to the electric chair long ago. Blame the Gotham legal system. Not the Batman. He should not have that power. Now, do I believe Batman should save the Joker as often as he does? Hell no. But do I condemn him for it? Again, the answer is no. Nor do I condemn Jason Todd for trying to do what Batman won't. But I think that in order for Batman to do what he does and still keep some semblance of sanity, he shouldn't go down that slippery slope. One man shouldn't have that much power. That's why I think what Superman is doing in Injustice is wrong. Power corrupts. End of story. I understand that you don't like him Killzone. But still, every chance you get, you loose your venom about the whole thing. It's almost as old as your anti-Raven tirades.