What's new

DC vs Marvel?

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
I love both genres, but I must say DC has way better villains (e.g.. Joker, Lex Luther etc.) Marvel has Better "Super Powered" heroes like the X-Men. Yes DC has a darker tone but I've always thought the biggest down-fall of DC was it has all these made-up places like Gotham or Metropolises. Marvel's ability to set things in the real world is what makes it more believable. If DC would have just said for example...
Gotham is Detroit
Metropolises is New York
Central City is Los Angelis
Just to name a few. It would hit a little closer to home IMO. But, regardless I like them both equally as well. :)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
DC has "Blow-hard", an old man who can blow tornadoes out of his corncob pipe. He was beaten to death by common street thugs...

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
LBSH in the 90's Marvel destroyed DC in terms of quality content. With the exception of a few story arcs I never got into DC. I got out of comics around the 2000's but I hear the new 52 stuff is good.

Reedoms

Noob
Marvel's ability to set things in the real world is what makes it more believable.
The fact that everything happens in New York is what turns me off from most Marvel books. With almost every hero in America having their shop set up in New York, you'd think so much shit wouldn't happen.

LBSH in the 90's Marvel destroyed DC in terms of quality content. With the exception of a few story arcs I never got into DC. I got out of comics around the 2000's but I hear the new 52 stuff is good.
Other way around. 90's Marvel was abysmal due to the disgusting art style they decided to pick up from Liefeld. DC was throwing things like Sandman, Hellblazer, and Lucifer out while Marvel had X-Force, the never ending Clone Saga in Spider-Man, that whole Heroes Reborn deal and other much more worse things. They cleaned up their shit in the mid 2000's though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I used to be a Marvel guy, but I'm more DC now overall. These are all just my opinion so no need to jump down my throat or anything.

Best hero
Batman DC.

Worst hero
Cyclops Marvel. (I understand why people like him, but I can't stand anything about the character)

Best Villain:
Joker DC don't act like you didn't see it coming, although Doc Connors is a close second. Compbros is right Spidey's villains are some of the best, not to mention most original.

Worst Villain:
Idk there are loads bad ones out there lol.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Best hero Wolverine (Give or take because he is also considered an anti-hero)
Best villain I would give to Black Adam love him mane!
Worst hero Superman (Not worse but just most disliked) but to be more fair I would say Booster Gold lol
Worst villain hmmmn Dunno

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Its always Lex trying to stop him. If not him directly he always has his finger in what ever is happening.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

No he doesn't: Doomsday had nothing to do with Lex, Zod has nothing to do with Lex, Brainiac has nothing to do with Lex, Metallo had nothing to do with Lex, it goes on.

Really? I always saw Superman being the most popular.

Superman is one of, if not THE, most well known/recognized Superhero and one of the most well known fictional characters but he is not the most popular.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Superman is the most recognized superhero followed by Batman and don't think any other superhero is as "famous" as those 2. Superman is known all over the world.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Superman is the most recognized superhero followed by Batman and don't think any other superhero is as "famous" as those 2. Superman in known all over the world.

Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine. I'd say those are the four most known World-Wide.

No he doesn't: Doomsday had nothing to do with Lex, Zod has nothing to do with Lex, Brainiac has nothing to do with Lex, Metallo had nothing to do with Lex, it goes on.

Superman is one of, if not THE, most well known/recognized Superhero and one of the most well known fictional characters but he is not the most popular.
I thought Doomsday was a creation of Lex's. Or am I thinking of someone else?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Dunno who you're thinking about but it wasn't Doomsday. Unless Lex created Doomsday in "Superman:Doomsday", which I can't remember as I haven't seen that movie in a while, or in some specific comic storyline that I haven't read/can't remember then no, he didn't.

Edit: BTW, Lex doesn't want to "harness the power of Superman" as he pretty much does anyway with his Battle Armor; he thinks Superman is fooling everyone, that he's really a bad person and will one day bring about the destruction of humankind. Lex wants to expose him and so, in Lex's mind, he is the good guy and Superman is the villain. He thinks he's the true savoir of humanity and, if the World was under his control, people would see this and life would be much better. Lex is INSANE.

Dunno who you're thinking about but it wasn't Doomsday. Unless Lex created Doomsday in "Superman:Doomsday", which I can't remember as I haven't seen that movie in a while, or in some specific comic storyline that I haven't read/can't remember then no, he didn't.

Edit: BTW, Lex doesn't want to "harness the power of Superman" as he pretty much does anyway with his Battle Armor; he thinks Superman is fooling everyone, that he's really a bad person and will one day bring about the destruction of humankind. Lex wants to expose him and so, in Lex's mind, he is the good guy and Superman is the villain. He thinks he's the true savoir of humanity and, if the World was under his control, people would see this and life would be much better. Lex is INSANE.
I honestly can't remember all that as far as comics. But in every movie/show featuring Superman Lex is talking about Superman should be sharing his power with the world (which of course means all to himself to conquer the world and have everyone respect his genius). Im not sure how accurate they r to the original story tho.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I honestly can't remember all that as far as comics. But in every movie/show featuring Superman Lex is talking about Superman should be sharing his power with the world (which of course means all to himself to conquer the world and have everyone respect his genius). Im not sure how accurate they r to the original story tho.

The live action movies aren't really and the animated universe takes elements from stories but changes a lot. For example, in "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies" Batman flies the robot to stop the comet but in the comic Captain Atom goes up there to stop it. They're always mixing things around in these movies.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I prefer Marvel, DC sometimes goes over the top with their characters and I only find Batman's comics to be dark so DC doesn't really feel darker to me. I would love DC if they would calm all that Multi-Universe/Earth shit down a little.
Well, not just JL stories or ones like Death of Superman but more so DC in general with the Vertigo series is VERY dark, far darker then Marvel and even regular DC JL stories. Watchmen, V and Constantine are super dark.

As for the over the top with DC, I think both do it at times. Meaning, I know some folks always mention "Superman this, or SA Superman etc" but Marvel has had their share of ridiculously overpowered characters too that were retconned such as Beyonder....that character was one walking PIS element if I've ever seen one lol. I mean he reshaped the MU and was practically on par if not stronger then TOAA (which is the God of MU like Presence is to DCU and Elder Gods to MKU) yet got his powers and was stupid enough to get fooled by Dr. Doom a mortal with magic lol. So I guess I just couldn't take that character pre-ret Beyonder remotely seriously, even Marvel knew this I think and retconned him lol.

Thing why I feel Superman regularly such as current 52 or even Silver Age(so long as he doesn't just gain new powers instantly lol) is that I expect a guy to be "Super or powerful" but not "cosmic" powerful with a name Superman being Super, hence the name Superman.

Of course this is my opinion based on reading comics from both over the years or known stories. I don't hate Marvel but I do believe they tend to cater to the younger audience, even with their films just compare Avengers to Dark Knight films. And you'll see what I mean about which is darker.

Lex made one of the Bizarro's pre- new 52, maybe that's who you're thinking of? And Superboy(Connor Kent) is half Lex Luthor's DNA and Half Superman's DNA, so essentially he's a hybrid part human/part kryptonian that has SOME of Superman's powers but is no where near as powerful as Clark.

As for Lex and Doomsday, Lex didn't create DD, he's ancient Kryptonian creature made to destroy and came to Earth winded up buried until he woke up to cause havic and thus set up the fight with him vs. the JL and Superman more importantly. Then he died, came back quite a few times and eventually met with Imperiex while floating in space and Imperiex vaporized him literally to bones...later on it was Lex who found him and tried to use him against Superman. Got his DNA and from that DD was able to again come back from death. He died a few times though, Superman fight, several Kryptonians killed DD, Imperiex killing DD etc he doesn't really stay dead given his abilities and you can't kill him the same way twice.

The live action movies aren't really and the animated universe takes elements from stories but changes a lot. For example, in "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies" Batman flies the robot to stop the comet but in the comic Captain Atom goes up there to stop it. They're always mixing things around in these movies.
Gotcha