What's new

DC vs Marvel?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well, Joker is a skinny guy in a suit, who runs around and kills people for fun, but nothing happens to him.

Doctor Doom is a paranoid badass mofo, who never leaves his castle unprepared. He wears body-armor and has powerful force-fields, also few deadly gadgets and sorcery nearly on pair with the one from Doctor Strange. Additionally to that because he is the ruler of Latveria no one can touch him that easily, because of some democratic BS <___>
Doctor Doom is a thought out character. Joker has plot power.

No offense to you man, I do see that you like the Joker and I like that, but I personally simply don't see the point in the Joker. Chaos here and there yada yada, but it doesn't make any sense at all, which - you could say - is the point behind the Joker, but as a written fictional comic book character he sucks - in my opinion.
Joker always has a plan too, alos it's not like I'm defending Joker or trying to convince you of what a great character he is or anything. My point was Doctor Doom has more plot armor than you can shake a stick at too. Every time he is supposed to die, he always comes back and is all like, "It's magic bro'."

I understand that you don't like him Killzone. But still, every chance you get, you loose your venom about the whole thing. It's almost as old as your anti-Raven tirades.
I dislike the Joker as a character and if someone asks me I'm going to say that. But I won't enter a random discussion that has nothing to do with the Joker and start trash-talking that character, because the writing behind him is very questionable (which applies for multiple other DC characters as well).

I'm not anti Raven. I stated it multiple times that I don't care about Raven and she can be in the game as much as she wants. I'm against the Raven fanatics on this board, who don't know what they're talking about. If she is your favorite comic book character and for some weird reason you can idenfity yourself with her, then be me guest and be such a person, but ... if you know her from the Teen Titans show, where she is soooooooooooooooooo emo-cutie-cute and in every single threa... here is an example man.
Few days ago someone opened a thread with the Injustice roster traits ... the FIRST post after the main post with all the character traits, you have one of the Raven-'tards writing bullshit like: "Well Raven should be among those lines and her super should be where she does this and that" ... and I think he described a scene from the animated show, if I'm not all too wrong. But maybe that was a different post. I mean, how stupid is that?

It's too much pathetic, unimportant Raven-fanboyism and it really does feel like it's mostly coming from people who don't know shit about fighting games (I'm one of them) and who will drop the game and leave this forum 1-2 months after (I'm not one of them).

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Marvel...to me it seems like everything is about its own heroes fighting other heroes...who's sleeping with who...and social commentary and everything happens in New York.

DC has lame shenanigans too don't get me wrong....but from what I've seen...DC truly has more "classic heroes" in the sense that you look at them and go "gee whiz they sure are great people fighting for our sake!" and Marvel is "CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE HUMAN SCUM! MUTIES 5EVR!"

I mean...what's so funny about Truth Justice and the American Way? Whataver Happened to the Caped Crusader?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
MARVEL
Best Hero= IRON FIST
Worst Hero= IRON FIST
DC
Best Hero= THE RAY
Worst Hero= THE RAY
My explanation for this claim is simple. Both character concepts are just flatout incredible.

Iron Fist is the champion of a warrior people who treat Kung Fu like a religion and he is the Champion of one of the most powerful Elder Gods in all the Marvel Universe. Shao Lao the Undying Dragon literally is the polar opposite force in power to The Phoenix. He can channel this Gods powers and uses it in his own brand of Kung Fu...let that sink in for a second. He turns a Gods Magic into a martial arts style. He can heal, punch out Thor (yes he oneshotted Ragnarok), create illusions, channel this force into projectiles to make them explode, and etc etc etc. However, he is written horribly, they job him simply because he's less established than other heroes, and they overall have ZERO real villains for him. He fights super powered pimps and F-list villains.

The Ray (Raymond Terrell Ray that is...)has complete mastery of all forms of energy and is the more powerful son of an Original Golden Age A-Lister. He had a redhot run from 93-96, a visual style so unique and dynamic its never been used for ANYONE else in comics, and he's even taken out heavy hitters like Superboy in one shot. He can create illusions, move at light speed, turn to energy and back which also heals him, absorb radiation and energy and redirect it magnified incredibly, shoot blasts, fly in space, create solid light constructs, create shields, etc etc etc. The dude should be Green Lantern tier cosmic power and he serves Miss Waller herself as a government hero for Freedom Fighters. Given he is the ONE superhero at her beck and call who can stand toe to toe with Superman in a fight on equal footing who can produce Red Sunlight to turn the tables completely in his favor he should be a power player. He is literally one of the most powerful and pedigree-ed heroes in the DC universe.

However, he has no real villain, he was sidelined due to being thrown into too many dying comics and oversaturating him in them in an attempt to save them. Worst of all he stopped having his unique visuals drawn for him during his late DC reboot before New 52 and the current Ray in New 52 isn't even him, looks terrible, and even admits to being just some dude going by the REAL Ray's name...

TLDR
The Ray and Iron Fist are both the best and worst these companies have. Most potential and completely horrible execution of their concept's ideas.

Which has the best and worst hero, and who are they?

Which has the best and worst villian, and who are they?

State your opinions and discuss :)
Big Bertha (Marvel)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bertha_(comics)

Powers and abilities

Big Bertha has the ability to make herself super strong and durable (to the point of being bullet-proof) by becoming extraordinarily obese. She can also purge most fat from her body through vomiting to take on a slimmer appearance.

Mulder

King of Heroes
Best hero?
Marvel: Sentry
to be fair, Red Hood from DC comics takes the second place and Nightwing the third place.

Best villain?
Marvel: Doctor Doom
him and the Void, because I'm biased towards Sentry!

Worst hero?
DC: Batman
in the end of the day, he does nothing.

Worst villain?
DC: Joker
way too much plot-armor.
Yeah because we all know none of the Batman comics have had him come close to kiling or wondering if what he's doing is right.......... Sure. Joker? Plot armor? Yet Doctor Doom is best XD