What's new

Guide Day 1 HawkGirl Combos (Progressive)

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Forgot to post those here:
Anti air combos:
Midscreen:
d2, b1 xx fly 2 xx bf2 19%

b1, b1 xx fly 2 xx bf2 23%

Corner:
d2, b1 xx db23, b1 xx fly 1112d3 27%

d2, b1 xx db23, b1 xx db23, f13 xx bf2 30%

Just started learning HawkGirl, she is so much fun. I may main or 2nd her, so far I got 1 really basic combo that is 1 bar. I'm sure it can be extended though. Going to try some with b3, but I don't have the timing 100% down. I get it 70% of the time at least. Their is a small cancel frame from 3 that you need to find, it's kinda hard.

1Bar 32%- 1,2,db2, 2, 123,JI2,Mace Toss, Ex

I think this one is decent because it pushes them away so you can start her air zoning game.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
For those that don't want to do the 1-frame link between 123 and b.3 (not viable online imo), you can still get 30% meterless with 12~db2~2, 123, j2~bf2. That's 12 into Wing Evade overhead into 123 into jump 2 into Mace Charge if you don't know the notation.

This is not very dependent on timing at all, just on pure button execution.
Thank you for this. Really. I practiced that 1-frame link all day yesterday, took it online, and dropped it every single time. This will definitely make things easier.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Easy corner combos:

123, 22, f13, f13xx MC -32%
123, 22, 123, fly, 2d3 - 32% (sliding knockdown)
b23, 123, fly, 123 - 34%

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Easy midscreen 30%;
12db2,2, 123, ji2bf2
123, 123, 3bf2

The first one can do 35% with one bar, MB mace charge at the end of the second combo will whiff.

Corner 39%
123db2,3, f13, f13, f13bf2

Speh

Noob
For those that don't want to do the 1-frame link between 123 and b.3 (not viable online imo), you can still get 30% meterless with 12~db2~2, 123, j2~bf2. That's 12 into Wing Evade overhead into 123 into jump 2 into Mace Charge if you don't know the notation.
It actually feels more like a 2 or 3 frame link rather than a 1 frame link for me. And I was getting pretty frustrated with hitting the link online until I realized that double tapping it will get it 100% even if it's laggy if your timing is good. Works great offline too!

Eddyward

Noob
1Bar 32%- 1,2,db2, 2, 123,JI2,Mace Toss, Ex
I really like this combo, but I just can't get the timing on DB2 for some reason.

He should provide inputs for the combos for the second half, they were pretty flashy but fast haha.
I really like the 10 hit midscreen combo against Grundy in Metropolis, and the last corner combo against Grundy in Metropolis. If anyone can figure out the inputs for that video, that would be great. I can usually figure them out myself, but Hawkgirl's combos confuse me for some reason lol.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Ok, in an effort to stop the tyranny of 123, B3 as the best midscreen combo cause I hate the damn timing on it I have been busting my butt in training mode for hours but so far the best I can do is 33%

12, db2, 2, 123, j2, flight cancel, 1, mace charge = 33% dmg no bar

I know the answer lies somewhere in there maybe someone can take it from there and mold it into something else.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Ok, in an effort to stop the tyranny of 123, B3 as the best midscreen combo cause I hate the damn timing on it I have been busting my butt in training mode for hours but so far the best I can do is 33%

12, db2, 2, 123, j2, flight cancel, 1, mace charge = 33% dmg no bar

I know the answer lies somewhere in there maybe someone can take it from there and mold it into something else.
The answer lies in the heart of battle :D

Eddyward

Noob
The timing is pretty quick, you just input DB2 right as you hit the starter 1,2.
Oh, thanks! Finally got it @_@ I hate it, but love it at the same time because it's so funny how fast she moves lol. I tried this as a variation of your combo:

12, DB2, 2, 123, JI2, MB BF2 (1 Bar, 9 hits, 35% -> 30% without MB)

Some fun stuff of of B23:
B23, D2 xx DB2, 3 (22%)
B23, D2 xx MB BF2 (28%)
B23, D2 xx MB DB1 (26%)

Perhaps someone can build off of this? Also, can anyone find combos with Thanagarian Strength (22+U3)? All I can find is:
123, 22+U3 (23%)

And last question: Any combos with MB Upwards Mace Charge in the middle? I think it has a lot of combo potential.

I came up with something last night that I dont know how useful it will be but it was working great against my mates grundy yesterday.

123,b3,ji2,b1 xx 4,3
Knocks them back and does 30%
123,b3,ji2,b1 xx 4,2,fb2 is what i'm wanting to land or even db1 MB if I can but having issues landing it right now.

Dont know how useful the first combo is havnt fully adjusted to her playstyle yet. I just wanted something flashy that used flight as a b&b XD

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I came up with something last night that I dont know how useful it will be but it was working great against my mates grundy yesterday.

123,b3,ji2,b1 xx 4,3
Knocks them back and does 30%
123,b3,ji2,b1 xx 4,2,fb2 is what i'm wanting to land or even db1 MB if I can but having issues landing it right now.

Dont know how useful the first combo is havnt fully adjusted to her playstyle yet. I just wanted something flashy that used flight as a b&b XD
anything leading into b1 xx 42 bf2 is my bnb so far, landing it is tight but once you get it it will nearly never fail.

anything leading into b1 xx 42 bf2 is my bnb so far, landing it is tight but once you get it it will nearly never fail.
Yeah I tried this after I couldnt connect the mace but i couldnt seem to get bf2 to work. I bet i'm just missing the input timing. See if I can get this later :3

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Yeah I tried this after I couldnt connect the mace but i couldnt seem to get bf2 to work. I bet i'm just missing the input timing. See if I can get this later :3
If you think it's too hard, you can replace it with flight 23 or flight 13 I don't remember which one works. Does nearly the same damages.

If you think it's too hard, you can replace it with flight 23 or flight 13 I don't remember which one works. Does nearly the same damages.
I like the challenge :) Ive gotten hard stuff down before i honestly just didnt spend much time with bf2 at the end of the combo, i was intent on getting MB downwards mace to work before just using 3 (mate was itching to hitup some 1v1). He's at work today though. So once i've done a bit of work i'll get in the lab and get this down. Thanks for the tips :)

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Midscreen 46% 2 Meter Combo that spawns from hell. I was shaking while having to do this combo LOL. Finally got it recorded!

EDIT: WAIT! I found a better one. 48% 2 Meter Combo. Without MB for BF2, it's 44% and only 1 meter!
Inspired by this combo by Zerosoulreaver and djoudjable's video.

What do you guys think? I'll try to make more if it's liked. I love it. :p
I Notice you are fighting lex, will that work on not-large characters?

Eddyward

Noob
I Notice you are fighting lex, will that work on not-large characters?
Ah, we were talking about it in the video thread, and it just doesn't work on female characters minus Wonder Woman. At least, that's what it seems. I'll have to continue to test to make sure that it doesn't work on them, and that it does work on everyone else lol.

The problem is the JI2, 3,2 starter. It knocks small characters too far away. For some characters, it seems that the first JI2 messes up the rest of the combo. For everyone besides female characters, I suggest starting with 3,2 and doing the rest of the combo. It works a lot smoother and is a lot more practical. Either way, I'll be in the lab finding high damage combos that work for everyone!

EDIT: Here's the small/female character version of that combo. It does 42% damage.

Loving the hawkgirl at the moment. I love her violent attitude and she really has great moves. I have problems with linking the b3. I can never do it. As soon as she gets the 3rd hit in, I press b3 and I always miss. Any tips?