What's new

Guide Day 1 HawkGirl Combos (Progressive)

options
Okay something is either wrong with me, or the goddamn buffer system. It's nearly impossible to cancel b1 into db2, whenever I try to do it it just does mass toss and fucks up my corner combo. Is there any way to turn this stupid thing off?
options > control options > turn off release check. its a combo dropping feature

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Thanks much for taking the time to explain for me. If I am new to fighting games in general, and really don't have a ton of experience, (but not by any means an idiot) is this a relatively easy combo to start with? I haven't tried this one yet since you told me how to do it, but was curious if there are ones that are even more beginner friendly? Just curious if this is something that you should be able to do relatively quickly after getting into fighting games.
Well the combo that I broke down is pretty simple once you get down the back hard after 123. That is the most difficult part of the combo. If you want something more simple, GaoMatsu post some pretty simple combos that do around 20-29% which look simple. Here are the combos he/she posted :
12 db2~2 123 j24~3 29%
12 db2~2 123 j2d3 28%
12 db2~2 123 dash f1 d3 25%

*Keep in mind db2 is down and back medium and the "~" is the second part of that special move. Hope this helps :D :D :D

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
lol i was hoping some other jerk would post a bnb thread, but ill do it even tho im lazy. looks like everyone is to busy nerf demanding
I'll be more than happy to make an organized combo thread along with videos like I did in the Catwoman thread. :) After beating a few rather competent Deathstrokes online with her...she's my number two!

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Any tips on landing a b3 after 123? I'm having trouble landing b3's in general, but I can't even do it once with her.

So I was tooling around a bit this morning and noticed the combo 123 B13 being inconsistent between 20% and 21%.. any reason why?

Also in corner 123 22 112 not always landing, 11 goes through its getting the 2 to land. is that even a decent combo though? I know its probably nothing special by any means, but works for me, being new to the fighting games and all.

So I was tooling around a bit this morning and noticed the combo 123 B13 being inconsistent between 20% and 21%.. any reason why?
because of the spinning air mace part, if your execution is a little off it will miss a hit or 2
OR the damage output on the combo prompt box is rounded up/down so its probably a 20.5 % scenario

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Thanks @MashPotatoPower that tip about hitting the b3 right as the 3 of 123 hits is really helping. It's not exact timing, but it's really helping me get a feel for that timing and I'm starting to hit it more consistently now.

Now to get the follow up. That's getting a bit tricky.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Thanks @MashPotatoPower that tip about hitting the b3 right as the 3 of 123 hits is really helping. It's not exact timing, but it's really helping me get a feel for that timing and I'm starting to hit it more consistently now.

Now to get the follow up. That's getting a bit tricky.
If by follow up you mean f13, which imo is a PAIN to do, you can replace it with b1 flight 23 or flight 3 I don't remember. Does like 29/30%.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
If by follow up you mean f13, which imo is a PAIN to do, you can replace it with b1 flight 23 or flight 3 I don't remember. Does like 29/30%.
Na, I mean following it up with JI2, 32MC. I've really gotten the JI2 to 32 down, but I can't catch them early enough for the MC to land consistently.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Na, I mean following it up with JI2, 32MC. I've really gotten the JI2 to 32 down, but I can't catch them early enough for the MC to land consistently.
I never had an issue with 32mc....I used press 32 as about to land and that usually works for me....wat combos do Pol use in the corner from and overhead and a low starter...I'm stuck at work to see all those vids and remember most of her strings right now :(

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I never had an issue with 32mc....I used press 32 as about to land and that usually works for me....wat combos do Pol use in the corner from and overhead and a low starter...I'm stuck at work to see all those vids and remember most of her strings right now :(

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
I haven't tried buffering the 32, so maybe I need to do that. Will check out later.

If you want something more simple, GaoMatsu post some pretty simple combos that do around 20-29% which look simple. Here are the combos he/she posted :
12 db2~2 123 j24~3 29%
12 db2~2 123 j2d3 28%
12 db2~2 123 dash f1 d3 25%

*Keep in mind db2 is down and back medium and the "~" is the second part of that special move. Hope this helps :D :D :D
For those that don't want to do the 1-frame link between 123 and b.3 (not viable online imo), you can still get 30% meterless with 12~db2~2, 123, j2~bf2. That's 12 into Wing Evade overhead into 123 into jump 2 into Mace Charge if you don't know the notation.

This is not very dependent on timing at all, just on pure button execution.