What's new

Dat Ol' SCR 2014 Predictions Thread

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
BiPolar must make Top 8 or I will put myself on blast. "DMS YOU IDIOT, YOU DON'T KNOW GOOD TALENT! YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!!!"

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i don't get this please explain.
To me, from what few sets I've played you it seems that you're kind of fearful of footsie tools that contest yours. You know the bullshit of your char but you don't seem to like getting in, it's hard to explain but if you fixed that I believe you'd be top.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
To me, from what few sets I've played you it seems that you're kind of fearful of footsie tools that contest yours. You know the bullshit of your char but you don't seem to like getting in, it's hard to explain but if you fixed that I believe you'd be top.
thanks i am sort of getting what your saying, but i am in my mind trying to play footsies and whiff punish, i know on certain players i cannot just dash in like against foxy, jupiter or rico so i play "footsies (inb4 @zaf tells me i have no fundamentals) to try to get a hit. i played rico's aqua the other day and it was almost impossible to get in i had to make him whiff a move to blow him up or get the life lead and let him come to me. so are you saying if i played more yolo and abuse BS i would be better??

EDIT: also i am so used to playing people who can blow up my stuff that i tend not to do it on players that don't blow it up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
thanks i am sort of getting what your saying, but i am in my mind trying to play footsies and whiff punish, i know on certain players i cannot just dash in like against foxy, jupiter or rico so i play "footsies (inb4 @zaf tells me i have no fundamentals) to try to get a hit. i played rico's aqua the other day and it was almost impossible to get in i had to make him whiff a move to blow him up or get the life lead and let him come to me. so are you saying if i played more yolo and abuse BS i would be better??

EDIT: also i am so used to playing people who can blow up my stuff that i tend not to do it on players that don't blow it up.
Not yolo, just aware of where you are compared to your opponent, e.g moving backwards to dash in just outside of b12 range, baiting a move, etc. When we play you have almost nothing to fear vs Joker but you still stay out mostly and only occasionally get in. You can also bait moves and when they stop doing that shit then you know that on the next try they won't do it again because flash hits hard, thats your queue to get in. Practice matchups inside out, play whoever you can find and your character will develop along with you, don't just focus on what you can do.

When I first play vs someone I always go on the offensive so I can establish a basic footsie dominance and put them on the defensive for as much as I can, in some matchups I can't do that. Flash on the other hand can against most of the cast. Noone is ever going to defend 100%, your plan is to get one knockdown into setups and continued 50/50 pressure and you have many tools to hold them in place and get in, look at how Harold gets in, Master D, every player has something you can look out for and add into your gameplan, this is why there many styles of characters.

If you think you're dealing with a lot of shit trying to get in, imagine what your opponent feels trying to keep away a character that hits you half life for fun.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I will make an accurate top 8 list when pools are released but ..........

I can stay now and say
In no order
1. Cowboy
2. Theo
3. Jupiter
4. 16 BIT
5. Goomba
6. Bipolar or rev
7. Ducky
8. Chef

I'll update after pools