What's new

Dash Speed Tier List

mook

Noob
Unlockable characters in the Krypt have already been deconfirmed, so I don't buy this for a second. If there is anything related to those four somewhere in there, it'll be cosmetics at best, maybe some concept art of Boon holding up Mileena's decapitated head.
I think it‘s fake too, but it does say purchase. Also someone told me you don‘t need a Switch to look at the Switch Files. So what did the guy do? Take the files out and put them in a place people could get to on their own computers?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
  1. Three characters are missing.
  2. Is it just forward dash?
  3. The game is not released yet, there will be a day 1 patch so making lists like this is largely just props fishing
  1. I'll update when he puts them on here
  2. Yes.
  3. The patch three days ago is likely the day 1 patch. This "release day patch" is something people have literally been hoping for with no actual facts behind it. If you don't care about this kind of information, fine, but other people do. Deal with it. Take your negativity somewhere else.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I think it‘s fake too, but it does say purchase. Also someone told me you don‘t need a Switch to look at the Switch Files. So what did the guy do? Take the files out and put them in a place people could get to on their own computers?
I can't say for sure, personally, but these days, it's not that far-fetched to put together a convincing leak. But if you're looking for more possible in-depth answers, try posting in the Non-Story Spoilers thread: https://testyourmight.com/threads/spoiler-thread-people-officially-have-the-game-already-no-story-spoilers.69013/page-71

No disrespect, but we don't wanna de-rail this thread, y'know?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I not supposed to have input shortcuts on dash cancel. Going from FF-BLK to F-BLK, Forward BLK is kinda Braindead and screams unintended.
If anything was to have this I'd rather it be instant airs.
Again, already possible it just wasn’t very good in the beta. And also possible in MK9.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
  1. I'll update when he puts them on here
  2. Yes.
  3. The patch three days ago is likely the day 1 patch. This "release day patch" is something people have literally been hoping for with no actual facts behind it. If you don't care about this kind of information, fine, but other people do. Deal with it. Take your negativity somewhere else.
I care about information, I don't care about pre-release "I was the first who" type of bullshit.
If this is accurate, good work.
You have my respect.

If it isn't though, which is TYM standard for this type of "tier list", then my so-called negativity is warranted.

To be clear, I'm not against you.
I'm against inaccurate shit being posted and then 1500 members all posting their opinions in the same thread with no good info to find in any posts about the topic.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I care about information, I don't care about pre-release "I was the first who" type of bullshit.
You have my respect.

If it isn't though, which is TYM standard for this type of "tier list", then my so-called negativity is warranted.

I'm against inaccurate shit being posted and then 1500 members all posting their opinions in the same thread with no good info to find in any posts about the topic.
I'm Glade you are skeptical, it's good to question things not confirmed and TYM will be the better for it. But I also think these type of threads can be healthy for the game so I give @Circus props for that along with the Frame Data which must have took forever to write up.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm really hoping this is a joke man lol.

What would you have liked for me to call it?

Traditional tier lists are subjective. Dash speeds are NOT subjective.
I gotta admit, when I saw "tier list" I had to get surgery to unroll my eyes, but you make a good point! And I really enjoyed seeing the characters' dash comparisons.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You have my respect.

If you're against inaccurate information, you should have no problem with this thread.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Credit to Alioune on twitter. He explains this is more or less how it breaks down.
This is different from walk speed.

S+:
Kotal

S:
Sub, Johnny, Liu, Sonya, Jax, D'Vorah, Kollector

A:
Jacqui, Kabal, Cetrion, Noob, Raiden, Geras, Kitana, Frost

B:
Cassie, Baraka, Scorpion, Kano, Skarlet, Erron

This list is missing Shao Kahn, Kung Lao, and Jade
Some of these are very surprising to me. Like, what's the logic in Kotal being S+ but Baraka and Kano being so slow? They're all heavy characters without any safe ways to punish zoners. That I'm aware of, anyway. I would have expected to find either all three at the top (ideally) or all three at the bottom (realistically).

Will this make Kotal a combo god or does he not have enough pop ups?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Some of these are very surprising to me. Like, what's the logic in Kotal being S+ but Baraka and Kano being so slow? They're all heavy characters without any safe ways to punish zoners. (That I'm aware of, anyway)

Will this make Kotal a combo god or does he not have enough pop ups?
My logic behind it is that Kotal is a character that barely has any options vs strong zoning and doesn't even have a reliable projectile too. Baraka and Kano both have pretty good projectiles and neutral tools, maybe Kotal doesn't have as many so he has to close the distance asap with a great dash speed?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
My question is whether or not this is truly representative of their dashes or would it be more accurate to be a rating of their wavedashes? Since the latter is what Alioune has been working with. Which is to say, Kotal and Sub have the best wavedashes, but is this because their normal dashes are great or because their animations just result in massive gains when block cancelled due to being "frontloaded" in their animations, as it were? Or they might cover a lot of ground but have some of the worst recovery w/o block canceling.

There's not a lot of data here so I'd like to know for sure what is being rated.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm just waiting for the game release so i can apply some formulas to get some more accurate info whenever i can, my saturdays will be full with testing 24/7

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ha that's a great idea for a thread. Props. From fastest to slowest, very smart!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This is super vague, and doesn't really cover why a dash is considered good...

When he says "speed" or "fastest" is he taking about the recovery and the distance = speed?

Anyone?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This is super vague, and doesn't really cover why a dash is considered good...

When he says "speed" or "fastest" is he taking about the recovery and the distance = speed?

Anyone?
Like @IceNine mentioned, Alioune made this list determined on how fast they could cover the length of the screen wavedashing.
Unfortunately, it's not 100% yet if they cover this length quickly because these characters might just have great canceled dashes though (canceled with a block or an attack).

There still is a possibility that some of these characters might be a bit worst or better if their non-wavedashed dashes recover faster than others when they aren't cancelled.

IMO though, this looks like about how it'll play out as best dashes overall.

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
No point in putting too much effort mastering this yet, it could be patched out.

In MKX, I spent a LOT of time with instant jump punch combos and setups and it went poof !!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Does he? He has one overhead and that’s his teleport overhead that leads to nothing.
Doesn't he have a nunchuck stance where he can go into a low, overhead, or mid combo? Also his B2 overhead looks pretty quick and it pops up for a combo, so it's not the same as most other overhead normals in the game.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Doesn't he have a nunchuck stance where he can go into a low, overhead, or mid combo? Also his B2 overhead looks pretty quick and it pops up for a combo, so it's not the same as most other overhead normals in the game.
His nunchaku stance was taken away if I’m not wrong. They changed his b2 into a mid (someone says it’s high now). It’s not an overhead anymore

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
How is it an exploit? You could already do this, it’s just better now with quicker dashes. Also was possible in MK9 throughout the entire life of the game.
Is this a serious question? Being able to do something in the past doesn’t make it not an exploit. Do you really think they ironed out all the kinks from the beta build, which wasn’t even really a beta as much as it was a stress test into a glorified demo of an outdated version of the game? Of course not.

You look at the way this shit looks in action and it’s abudantly clear it was not at all intentional, at least not at the level we’re seeing it. And if it stays they definitely aren’t going to let it rock looking as pantshittingly ugly as it is. This is an entirely different beast than MK9 dashblocking. This literally visually looks like a major bug, regardless of function, they would not intentially leave something in the game that looks this way after working so hard on the animations and visual presentation this time around.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Is this a serious question? Being able to do something in the past doesn’t make it not an exploit. Do you really think they ironed out all the kinks from the beta build, which wasn’t even really a beta as much as it was a stress test into a glorified demo of an outdated version of the game? Of course not.

You look at the way this shit looks in action and it’s abudantly clear it was not at all intentional, at least not at the level we’re seeing it. And if it stays they definitely aren’t going to let it rock looking as pantshittingly ugly as it is. This is an entirely different beast than MK9 dashblocking. This literally visually looks like a major bug, regardless of function, they would not intentially leave something in the game that looks this way after working so hard on the animations and visual presentation this time around.
I couldn’t care less how it “looks”, that is beyond irrelevant to me. It’s not a bug, glitch or exploit. It’s just a product of how the game was designed and how buffers work. Since this was how it was done in MK9, they very clearly didn’t mind if that mechanic was in MK11 as well. I love the block dashing. These doomsday claims that come up are really getting annoying. Adapt or quit, it’s pretty simple really.