What's new

Dash mechanic discussion

Hey welcome to fighting games that aren't NRS games where you have to change combos due to things

HOLY SHIT FIGHTING GAMES DO DIFFERENT THINGS HOW WOULD TYM USER KNOW THESE THINGS?
With a reply like that, I have to assume you're really good at all of these games.

haketh

Noob
At least a better understanding than your average TYMer

Shouldn't have replied to you like that though, just generally frustrated today and I'm gonna take a break from TYM, once again my bad.

Forward dashing costs no meter while the game punishes you for trying to turtle.

How can anybody call these mechanics fair to zoning characters?
Now before I do that DID YOU PAY ANY ATTENTION TO RUNNING COSTING ENDURANCE METER AND THE FACT YOU CAN'T BLOCK DURING RUN

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
well.. its not a dash cancel. Its a run cancel from a dash.
So essentially it's an "updated" version of the dash cancel lol into run/dash cancel? Since pretty much if you dash cancel in this game, apparently you run from what Ed Boon said today. It looks cool, personally I think it'll please both the MK 9 dash fans and UMK3 run fans, as we seem to have the option.

Last edited:

LockM

Noob
Because then you couldn't walk forward?
What? Thought my point was obvious, hold forward AFTER the dash to initiate a run. I can see alot of annoyances arise because one simply didn't let go of forward fast enough when they press block...and get a run.
Jujst an unnatural way of inputting a run.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I guess people can't have opinions that don't mirror yours. What everyone seems to be missing here is that based on **MY** personnel experience with games where you cannot cancel a dash with a normal and that have run jab pressure I was saying **I** have not enjoyed the combo systems and worry about MKX.

You guys need to learn to respect other people's opinions and have a conversation about differing opinions without calling people stupid....
The issue is moronic comments like "it'll mess with the combo system", as if "the combo system" is a defined thing. Combos are different in every game ever made.

haketh

Noob
Right. Stuff like this actually gives NRS a lot of room to really beef up zoning.
Yeah I noted that earlyier. I don't get why people think more movement options=Less zoning, the zoning in GG, MB, Arcana, and countless other games isn't any less oppressive.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
The issue is moronic comments like "it'll mess with the combo system", as if "the combo system" is a defined thing. Combos are different in every game ever made.
Why is it moronic that I dont like combo systems without the ability to cancel a dash with a normal? In fact how is anyones personal preference for game mechanics moronic?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Because you don't yet know all the mechanics of the game yet.
What? That makes no sense.... i know that there is no ability to cancel a dash with a normal and i know that on past games i havent like it.... why is this so hard for people to understand

All i am saying is on past games i dont like tjose types of combo systems... who knows mayne this will be diffrent

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Why is it moronic that I dont like combo systems without the ability to cancel a dash with a normal? In fact how is anyones personal preference for game mechanics moronic?
This is you.

The biggest part of this is how terrible it is for combo potential
You're defending your comments as "It's just my opinion!", when that's not at all how you present it. You state it as if this is simply fact. That if anything is changed about that one way of building combos, that combo systems are terrible.

Did you say, "I personally don't like combo systems that aren't built around dash cancelling into normals. Hopefully it works out for the best."? No, you didn't. You just posted "this is terrible" to contribute to the negativity.

I don't know how this game is going to be. Most people don't. I'm hoping for a game that is fun and accessible and deep. There's gonna be things I like and don't like. But TYM is overrun with all these generalizing statements on the theme of "if it isn't this way, it's going to suck." It's toxic. Sorry to single you out on it, but this shit is reaching critical mass.