What's new

D-Pad vs joystick

When i started 2 play on line i really missed an arcade stick cause it was very hard 2 make kung's spin and other moves, when i finally had my stick i loved 2 kick asses with my kung but i notice that my agressive gameplay had been affected cause in the d-pad is easier to run jab than the joystick.

D-pad = faster run jabs (agressive gameplay)
Joystick = easy moves (defensive gameplay)

What do u prefer??

I think we need to set up some sort of MAME cab with one person having a controller and one having an arcade stick and see which one is really better 8)

Using the analog is awkward to me, so I use the dpad despite how much I fucking hate it. I still love it when I want to uppercut and something stupid like an iceshower or Strykers bombs come out.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Annihilator83 said:
Using the analog is awkward to me, so I use the dpad despite how much I fucking hate it. I still love it when I want to uppercut and something stupid like an iceshower or Strykers bombs come out.
lmao....I know what you mean :(

I am nowhhre near as good on a D-pad. I CANNOT wait to get my stick

Compy386 said:
I think we need to set up some sort of MAME cab with one person having a controller and one having an arcade stick and see which one is really better 8)
Thats how it was at EVO, some players used pads, some used sticks. It really comes down to whatever your best with. I thinkn run jabs can be done just as quickly, or faster with a stick at this point. But either way, its more or less what your accustomed to. Once I get my xbox stick and get back to using it at 100%, I'll be better than I am with a pad I'm 100% sure.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
A factor designed arcade stick on an arcade machine is always faster, more sensitive and better than any Dpad, or controller for a console. Custom sticks using PCBs depending on the type of buttons are either roughly the same response, or slower than Dpads, by milliseconds.

I use Dpad AND analog. I swap. I do special moves with the dpad. Jumping, moving around, ect, with the analog. It's a force of habit, I don't even notice myself doing it.

I use my stick on the 360 controller. I use the d-pad for finishing moves and a few select moves (kung spin, TKS) but I've adapted fairly well I think.

abc ur dead0 said:
I use Dpad AND analog. I swap. I do special moves with the dpad. Jumping, moving around, ect, with the analog. It's a force of habit, I don't even notice myself doing it.
Same, except I use the d-pad for specials that go in the opposite direction and the analog for df or dfd esque moves.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
D-pad, analog or joystick I can't buffer moves for shit. The 360 d-pad is bad for fighters but still, I'd rather take my chances with that then an A-stick or a joystick.

A keyboard for MAME is just ridiculous for any fighter, that has to be the worst out of all of them IMO. :shock:

I never played with a joystick for any of the previous MK's. So Im more comfortable with the D-Pad, only problem is its suks for the XBOX I already went through 5 controllers. Im on my 6th one
:roll:

The best thing about the d-pad is when you try and teleport and you uppercut someone... happens more often than you think :wink: .

But my d-pad is so shitty! I can't to teleports or Ermacs tks with mine. I'll be getting a new one soon, but their always seems to be something wrong with them :cry:

abc ur dead0 said:
I do the same thing.

DatBoyMook said:
abc ur dead0 said:
I do the same thing.
only difference is, hes good and can make that work. you cant, you are bad.

Tis a shame I can't delete this. Had I known Datboymook would respond like a chimpanzee throwing fecal matter I wouldn't have defended him.

NINEB4LL said:
DatBoyMook said:
abc ur dead0 said:
I do the same thing.
only difference is, hes good and can make that work. you cant, you are bad.
And your Canadian. Thats bad. :lol:

Shock said:
A factor designed arcade stick on an arcade machine is always faster, more sensitive and better than any Dpad, or controller for a console. Custom sticks using PCBs depending on the type of buttons are either roughly the same response, or slower than Dpads, by milliseconds.
What i miss the most is a real arcade match, nothing is compared 2 that but in Mexico there arent any UMK3 arcades no more, i have 2 suffer with lagging :cry:

crayola77 said:
Tis a shame I can't delete this. Had I known Datboymook would respond like a chimpanzee throwing fecal matter I wouldn't have defended him.
Calm down it was a joke. I actually like Canadians. :lol:

pajaromayor said:
What i miss the most is a real arcade match, nothing is compared 2 that but in Mexico there arent any UMK3 arcades no more, i have 2 suffer with lagging :cry:
So does the person you are fighting as well.

Annihilator83 said:
pajaromayor said:
So does the person you are fighting as well.
You lagged against him? For some reason I saw no lag whatsoever when I faced pajaromayor. You got cable internet?