What's new

D-Pad vs joystick

DatBoyMook said:
You lagged against him? For some reason I saw no lag whatsoever when I faced pajaromayor. You got cable internet?
Yes I have cable. Its the horrible button delay I get against him and every other guy in Mexico.

What i miss the most is a real arcade match, nothing is compared 2 that but in Mexico there arent any UMK3 arcades no more, i have 2 suffer with lagging :cry:
that has to suck id be sad to

Annihilator83 said:
DatBoyMook said:
You lagged against him? For some reason I saw no lag whatsoever when I faced pajaromayor. You got cable internet?
Yes I have cable. Its the horrible button delay I get against him and every other guy in Mexico.
Yes its horrible and frustrating.

iammud

Noob
Compy386 said:
I think we need to set up some sort of MAME cab with one person having a controller and one having an arcade stick and see which one is really better 8)
I had a cab that had PSX controller inputs in it... Pad is def an advantage over arcade, keyboard has its advantage over both too. Gamepad is simply faster than an arcade switch.

It's true gamepad players are more aggressive and arcade players are more defensive. Personally I wont use anything but arcade controls anymore. It's how the game is meant to be played. I don't use an MK style setup though, street fighter layout has its advantages over the standard mk layout.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
mud said:
It's true gamepad players are more aggressive and arcade players are more defensive.
that's nonsense dude. you can't judge people style of playing by their choice of controller lol

mud said:
I don't use an MK style setup though, street fighter layout has its advantages over the standard mk layout.
we play umk3 like that too here. (3 buttons up, 3 buttons down) but that's not really an advantage over anything. its just getting used to it. some people can get used to some nasty button configurations if they're forced to...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
mud said:
Compy386 said:
I think we need to set up some sort of MAME cab with one person having a controller and one having an arcade stick and see which one is really better 8)
I had a cab that had PSX controller inputs in it... Pad is def an advantage over arcade, keyboard has its advantage over both too. Gamepad is simply faster than an arcade switch.

It's true gamepad players are more aggressive and arcade players are more defensive. Personally I wont use anything but arcade controls anymore. It's how the game is meant to be played. I don't use an MK style setup though, street fighter layout has its advantages over the standard mk layout.

I disagree man, that whole "the way the game was meant to be played" to me is BS because nobody can expect everyone in the world to afford an arcade cabinet, custom joysticks or go out of their way to get them.

That's mere opinion, not fact. Some players enjoy using sticks, others D-pads and others Analog sticks. :wink: Everyones different as this thread clearly shows.