What's new

Cyrax.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I hope you're kidding here........ You can't even poke Kung Laos hat spin with mileenas D+4! It has a fullhitbox.

Are you serious? Why doesn't the same happen to Kabal when he shoots an empty groundsaw? It's not deliberate, It's a bug.

Are you kidding me? His command grab can easily be teched.

Okay maybe I overeacted here but his Zoning really isn;t what people make it out to be. Sure he makes you move but causes no real chip damage nor damage for that matter. If you explode on a bomb you simply suck, thy can easily be avoided. And it's not like you're jsut gonna wait for him to start tossing shit, you're gonna fire back and the difference is, your projectiles will chip, unless you're sub zero.
This is a Cyrax thread, not Quan Chi.

Either way I dont care, I've swiched to Baraka and Noob Saibot.
This whole post just made me facepalm, seriously. Have you ever played against a good cyrax player, or even seen one? Watch Mustard play, and then you will understand what cyrax is about, untill then you just wont get it.

And anyway you can stop KL from spinning in startup, you cant break the startup of the AA grab while jumping into cyrax

Untill cyrax isnt the character with the MOST damage in the game, with or without resets he doesnt need a good wakeup game. I'm assuming you've only switched characters because ur resets are being taken out and still dont actually understand the character.

This whole post just made me facepalm, seriously. Have you ever played against a good cyrax player, or even seen one? Watch Mustard play, and then you will understand what cyrax is about, untill then you just wont get it.

And anyway you can stop KL from spinning in startup, you cant break the startup of the AA grab while jumping into cyrax

Untill cyrax isnt the character with the MOST damage in the game, with or without resets he doesnt need a good wakeup game. I'm assuming you've only switched characters because ur resets are being taken out and still dont actually understand the character.
Yeah sure, Mustard is the only one that knows Cyrax. Whatever. No Im not switching because the rests are gone, and I do understand my character. I'm just switching to Baraka because I like him, he has great potential and no one uses him.

Oh and by the way, I dont think Mustards Cyrax is the best one. The best one I've seen is Noobes, Maxter, And Trophy Club. Mustards is good mind you, but not the best.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If you knew the character then you would understand why all the things you suggested are just really reaaaaaaaaaally bad ideas.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Cyrax needs ultimate mixups, maximum damage and the best wakeup game in MK9, as well as chip damae for just throwing out a bomb/net - G0dsL0n3lyMan

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
If you knew about anything MK9 you'd see why you can't be taken seriously. Ignored.............
why the hell does my name keep getting dragged up in this forum, and its always followed by 'well mustard's not the best' people seem to think im automatically worse because im from europe? pleaaaaaase.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
oh no, the riots have begun in harrow :(
i wouldnt be surprised if they pull the plug on SvB because of this, or at least postpone it, fuckin riots man, i dont think its safe to be in london right now :( talk about shitty timing

why the hell does my name keep getting dragged up in this forum, and its always followed by 'well mustard's not the best' people seem to think im automatically worse because im from europe? pleaaaaaase.
I don't know why you directed your petty insult towards me, it was foxy grampa that mentioned your name. I just stated my opinion judging by what I've seen.
Cyrax needs ultimate mixups, maximum damage and the best wakeup game in MK9, as well as chip damae for just throwing out a bomb/net - G0dsL0n3lyMan
Obviously you're just twsiting my words up. I never asked for any of that, I just stated that he suffers in the mentioned departments. It's as if I said that Kung Lao is the best character in the game with a tool for everything, doesn't mean I'm asking for a nerf. I know that you're trying to aggravate me because you know for a fact that all I said is true. You just dont want to admit it. Keep using hat tier bro and go back to your imaginary balanced hat land.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I don't know why you directed your petty insult towards me, it was foxy grampa that mentioned your name. I just stated my opinion judging by what I've seen.

Obviously you're just twsiting my words up. I never asked for any of that, I just stated that he suffers in the mentioned departments. It's as if I said that Jung Lao is the best character in the game with a tool for everything, doesn't mean I'm asking for a nerf. I know that you're trying to aggravate me because you know for a fact that all I said is true. You just dont want to admit it. Keep using hat tier bro and go back to your imaginary balanced hat land.
petty insult? please point out what exact words seemed insulting? im seriously giving up with the cyrax section of TYM, you can't say shit without getting an attitude from somebody.

petty insult? please point out what exact words seemed insulting? im seriously giving up with the cyrax section of TYM, you can't say shit without getting an attitude from somebody.
"well mustard's not the best' people seem to think im automatically worse because im from europe? pleaaaaaase."

Thats pretty low if you ask me. I don't see how ones Nationality would affect opinions. You seem to think people are persecuting you because you're a European or something. And after all you did quote me in particular, so I took it directly. Perhaps if you didn't quote me directly I wouldn't have cared, Mate.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Since when did Johnny Cage wear a hat? LOLOLOL
And you did actually ask for all of that, and its clear that he doesnt need it. If he got all that then Kitana should too, as well as a net and bombs, see how fucking overpowered she would be aswell. Near enough the same shit.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
"well mustard's not the best' people seem to think im automatically worse because im from europe? pleaaaaaase."

Thats pretty low if you ask me. I don't see how ones Nationality would affect opinions. You seem to think people are persecuting you because you're a European or something. And after all you did quote me in particular, so I took it directly. Perhaps if you didn't quote me directly I wouldn't have cared, Mate.
you took that as an insult? wow, dont see how you could be so civil over XBL but turn so sour when someone dissagrees with you, im getting defensive of european players as we're getting entirely ignored, US players are getting an extremely biased look from everyone, its like 'if they havent played at any american majors, dont take what they say seriously' which i think is, for lack of a better term, stupid.

BookBurning

Voidwards
You can't compare Cyrax's resets to Kung Lao's garbage because neither is needed. Just because Kung Lao is dog shit doesn't mean that Cyrax's resets are okay either.

The fact is, any character that is not a paraplegic with muscular sclerosis does not need to do 60 to 80 percent damage with 1 combo, it's just absolutely ridiculous that people would even attempt to defend that. Cyrax has great tools already and in no way does he need to do that much damage. Think about it, 60 to 80 percent. SIXTY to EIGHTY PERCENT of someone's life bar. That is outrageous.

Which means if you screw up one single time and your opponent knows what they're doing, you will lose that much health. No, that's retarded and it needs to go.

This isn't even debatable because it's a fact and anyone who disagrees is a complete dumbass.

Since when did Johnny Cage wear a hat? LOLOLOL
And you did actually ask for all of that, and its clear that he doesnt need it. If he got all that then Kitana should too, as well as a net and bombs, see how fucking overpowered she would be aswell. Near enough the same shit.
I doubt you main cage, you're constantly trolling on the Kung Lao board. About what you said:

What I said:

I've said it before, Give him a low starter. Make 3,3 hit low. Fix his wakeup options, maybe super armor on the teleport? As of now it does NOT have superarmor, I've been hit out of it plenty of times. Maybe tweak his normal teleport so it can actually be used to escape. fix his 2,1,2 string and make it safe and non interruptable. Fix his empty net and bomb glitch draining meter. With these minor tweaks they can leave the useless command grab for all I care
Nowhere do I mention chip damage from nets, the best wakeup game, nor the ultimate mixup. Get your facts straight.

Albo

Noob
i wouldnt be surprised if they pull the plug on SvB because of this, or at least postpone it, fuckin riots man, i dont think its safe to be in london right now :( talk about shitty timing
i just cannot believe whats happening just like any normal person in the uk. people's livlihoods are being destroyed, everything they worked for gone, innocent people are getting hurt, they are toying with peoples lives and have so much disregard for human lives. it's just mindless, pathetic, embarassing violence and damage from a bunch of lowlife insects that need to crawl back to the hole they came from. my though are with the people who've been affected by this and are still curently being affected this is something that we do not need considering the crap that going on in the world already.

it's scary to think that these youths are going to be the future of britain. their parents or gaurdians really need to put their footdown on the children.

i think it'll die down a bit come friday hopefully but you never know anything could have happened to the venue in harrow to one of the event organisers or competitors being affected that could result in them pulling the plug although i doubt that will happen ;)

sorry to go off topic

You can't compare Cyrax's resets to Kung Lao's garbage because neither is needed. Just because Kung Lao is dog shit doesn't mean that Cyrax's resets are okay either.

The fact is, any character that is not a paraplegic with muscular sclerosis does not need to do 60 to 80 percent damage with 1 combo, it's just absolutely ridiculous that people would even attempt to defend that. Cyrax has great tools already and in no way does he need to do that much damage. Think about it, 60 to 80 percent. SIXTY to EIGHTY PERCENT of someone's life bar. That is ridiculous.

Which means if you screw up one single time and your opponent knows what they're doing, you will lose that much health. No, that's retarded and it needs to go.

This isn't even debatable because it's a fact and anyone who disagrees is a complete dumbass.
Are you referring to his BNB? Because his legit non reset BNB yields close to 60 with 1 bar. Or are you referring to the resets?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I doubt you main cage, you're constantly trolling on the Kung Lao board. About what you said:

What I said:

Nowhere do I mention chip damage from nets, the best wakeup game, nor the ultimate mixup. Get your facts straight.
actually foxy has mained cage for about a month now, you say cyrax needs a low string, and better wakeup, he needs niether, he has such damage output and a huge bag of tools that he NEEDS negative aspects too, its called balancing.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Are you referring to his BNB? Because his legit non reset BNB yields close to 60 with 1 bar. Or are you referring to the resets?
Well if you read my post you can clearly read that I said Reset, but regardless doing 60 percent is still dumb as well. You can note that I said "60 to 80 percent." 60 is still valid in that number-span. Maybe with two bars I'd be okay with 60 percent, but one bar leading to more than half a characters health isn't close to any better at all.

KTH

Noob
Haha, Too much salt here. Let's just agree to disagree and be more constructive. Personally, Like i said before, I don't care if they nerf the damage to 50 percent but they don't need to take the reset out. We work so hard to find it. Please reward our finding in the lab. Give us a carrot so we can continue spending time in the lab.

Let me ask trophyclub and mustard this. Have you guys found a way to do a combo that the opponent will break into the bomb??? Even if they hold the up button after break?? I'm not sure if you guys know this but I'll tell you guys at the end of course.

wow! theres alot of salt in this thread!
Nah just whiners trying to ruin the game with their ridiculous crying asking for nerfs and whatnot. They're so crappy they can't deal with a certain char so they think it's not their own fault they're losing and then proceed to blame it on the character.

Let me ask trophyclub and mustard this. Have you guys found a way to do a combo that the opponent will break into the bomb??? Even if they hold the up button after break?? I'm not sure if you guys know this but I'll tell you guys at the end of course.
Far as I've found ex bomb close bomb dash 3,3 is the only fully guaranteed that can't be jumped out of if they break on the 2nd 3. If they break on first they can still jump it, or if they don't break at all they can roll back. I'd be curious if anyone has found an improvement to it.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Nah just whiners trying to ruin the game with their ridiculous crying asking for nerfs and whatnot. They're so crappy they can't deal with a certain char so they think it's not their own fault they're losing and then proceed to blame it on the character.
80% reset and 55% midscreen and you DON'T think he needs a patch?

Would you still main him if he didn't have a reset and insane dmg with one bar? How about 35% no bar/40% 1 bar? But got a low starter? I think he would get much less shit, be more fun to play and be more fun to play against.

The fact that 1 mistake in a match against Cryax = a loss for that round. ONE MISTAKE. Now if by making a mistake lead to losing 35% health from Cryax people would have nothing to be pissed about, but one mistake leading to the majority of you're health dissapearing? That is OP.

You think it would "ruin te game" if he got patched?

The Bradycast TB did explaned it perfectly. There is very little you can do against Cyrax, and he needs another patch.