What's new

Cyrax.

Snolla

Noob
I have finally had the pleasure of playing against a high-level Cyrax player and did "ok". I lost the match but I was able to make it difficult for him at least with my Subby. I have never encountered his godly reset until 30min ago. This character can crush you with an 80% combo in the right hands. My jaw hit the floor when I lost the majority of my health over one mistake. Is this an unbalanced character or do other characters have resets of this level? What should I be preparing myself for? I didn't know that this was possible.

Cyrax just made me feel like this guy I need to start rebuilding in order to cope:

Snolla

Noob
Anyone? Who else has a massive reset combo that I should watch out for? Or is Cyrax the best character in the game?

dragula96

Android App Programmer
yes Cyrax is broken, i main cyrax, and know about the 80+ damage reset, however to keep the game interesting, i never go for it (nor care to learn how to execute it) the most damage i go for because i think its fair is about 35%

i think that going for 80% damage is ghay.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
yes Cyrax is broken, i main cyrax, and know about the 80+ damage reset, however to keep the game interesting, i never go for it (nor care to learn how to execute it) the most damage i go for because i think its fair is about 35%

You don't even go for the 55% non reset?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
cyrax isnt broken, the reset is broken. once the reset is taken out and cyrax can do no more than about 55% percent he'll be fine. my brother mains cyrax and uses him to his fullest potential i.e pressure games, bomb setups, comboing off everything, air to air, when to teleport, escaping pressure pretty much everything cyrax to offer but he refuses to do any form of cyrax reset because he doesnt need it. he kicks enough ass with fair and square tactics but gets so much rage messages for just using cyrax well, shame really.

i personally think when a cyrax player says "please dont get rid of cyrax's resets he needs them to win" they're REALLY saying "please dont get rid of cyrax's resets I need them to win"

I always go for my 55%, I dont feel sorry, they can break it.
and Cyrax isn't OP, if a cyrax player is caught in the corner, it's game over for us.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature

You wouldn't think it's ghay if you knew that the 80% one is escapable. In fact it's stupid how easy you can escape it.

Nobody cares, this forum is for discussing useful things, not your samurai code of honor in playing video games.

nubi

Noob
wow this thread is incredibly scrubby

cyrax isnt broken, the reset is broken. once the reset is taken out and cyrax can do no more than about 55% percent he'll be fine. my brother mains cyrax and uses him to his fullest potential i.e pressure games, bomb setups, comboing off everything, air to air, when to teleport, escaping pressure pretty much everything cyrax to offer but he refuses to do any form of cyrax reset because he doesnt need it. he kicks enough ass with fair and square tactics but gets so much rage messages for just using cyrax well, shame really.

i personally think when a cyrax player says "please dont get rid of cyrax's resets he needs them to win" they're REALLY saying "please dont get rid of cyrax's resets I need them to win"
its very sad to see players with as much talent as you guys have mindsets like this, such a waist of potential

PND_Ketchup

care to explain why it's a *waste of potential?

i think if a cyrax player needs a 70% reset to win he's the scrub, cyrax has enough tools and options as it is it, letalone being able to do the most damage WITHOUT the reset. it's possible to play cyrax at a high level without the exploits. if you need to win with an exploit then i'm afraid YOU'RE the scrub my friend :)

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I have to agree ... since when is a 50+% combo not enough? I still think that's massive damage. Who else even competes without X-Ray, damage wise?
Kitana and Shang?

Cyrax is beastly.
Resets? We don't need no stinkin' resets!

nubi

Noob
now i didn't say Cyrax needed it did I dont put words in my mouth please, but if your not willing to use every last option available no matter how dirty or "cheap" your not playing your character or your skills to its fullest.

dont confuse this with shit talk both of you (and foxy) are great players and i would like nothing more than to see more players from the UK on the map, but all this talk of "honour" and "fair tactics" is just sad, use whatever you have at your disposal, if its in the game its fair

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
now i didn't say Cyrax needed it did I dont put words in my mouth please, but if your not willing to use every last option available no matter how dirty or "cheap" your not playing your character or your skills to its fullest.

dont confuse this with shit talk both of you (and foxy) are great players and i would like nothing more than to see more players from the UK on the map, but all this talk of "honour" and "fair tactics" is just sad, use whatever you have at your disposal, if its in the game its fair
sad? its getting removed and is in by accident, it's not supposed to be there, why would i waste my time learning tricks that are getting removed when i could be spending it finely tuning the rest of my game. use it at your own peril, cos when its gone, you'll struggle, the reset is too much of a crutch right now, most of the cyrax players i play rely on it, half the time they get it wrong and blatently forget the rest of his fundementals because all they see is 'right well if i can hit him i MIGHT be able to get a lot of damage off him' pointless.

nubi

Noob
Well of course sacrificing fundamentals for gimmicks is just silly but how long dose it really take to learn the reset, I'm not saying to focus your game around it but if the opportunity to use it arises it would be absolutely silly not to go for it just because of some misplaced sense of honour, hell if i could get away with using the old net infinite at a tourney i would.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Well of course sacrificing fundamentals for gimmicks is just silly but how long dose it really take to learn the reset, I'm not saying to focus your game around it but if the opportunity to use it arises it would be absolutely silly not to go for it just because of some misplaced sense of honour, hell if i could get away with using the old net infinite at a tourney i would.
whatever floats your boat

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I agree with you completely. I wouldn't imagine myself or any other person playing on a high level tourney and not do a 70% reset just because they think it's cheap or dirty, or because he's afraid of what people would say. Fuck that if im sitting at the grand finals at evo and i have the opportunity to do a one shot kill reset, i'd do it, i'd punch myself if i didn't. If you don't use a character to its fullest potential because you think you as a player don't need it or because you think it's not fair, well then as a competitive player, there's something wrong with you. Simply out of respect to my opponent i'd do it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Get caught by 1 punch and eat 70%, totally fair, and the worst thing is it takes 1 bar. Player 2 wouldnt be able to use any of their meter in fear of being caught by it, its way to game changing to stay and doesnt prove who the better player is. Might aswell keep cage/sonya/kabal/sindel infinites in if you want a reset that overpowered

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Get caught by 1 punch and eat 70%, totally fair, and the worst thing is it takes 1 bar. Player 2 wouldnt be able to use any of their meter in fear of being caught by it, its way to game changing to stay and doesnt prove who the better player is. Might aswell keep cage/sonya/kabal/sindel infinites in if you want a reset that overpowered
well im curious to see just how well people were doing before this reset was being discovered, on release when the command grab trap was found, people were saying cyrax was fine, then it gets removed, and the cyrax forum explodes with people whining about cyrax needing buffs, now these new resets have been found, were back to him being 'fine' again, i can only guess people NEED these stupid tactics to win, which is a shame as we're nearing a point when there will be none of them left, and everyone will be FORCED to use cyrax the 'normal' way.

PND_Ketchup

you could outplay a garbage cyrax player the whole round, you have 70% of your health left due to little things like chip damage or getting hit by a couple of uppercuts but for the mostpart you're clearly the better player and youre reading him like a book. one of your combo links just so happens to miss out of sheer bad luck, what happens then? the cyrax player gets you in a reset killing you in one go.

you've been outplaying a sindel user the whole game, hes one one away from death and just ONE of your special moves gets jumped over or misses by a hairs length and the sindel player uses the infinite on you which wins HIM the whole game.

does this mean he/she is the better player? no. it just shows me that the other player needs exploits to win. You misunderstand honour and just not doing it because it's a bug, a cyrax player could do every single thing cyrax is capable off to his maximun extent, win every single game with bomb setups regular combos smart teleporting, air to air, anti air, corner pressure, escaping pressure, blocking on point, smartly managing meter, compromising just a little bit of combo damage for further setups etc and you're essentially saying they're not a good cyrax player JUST because they dont do the reset? get real.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Totally agree with the condiments on this one.
Yes, I used Bomb Trap when It was still around. Yes, I used the reset until I found out it was coming out.
Not using it now has nothing to do with honour. I don't use it now because I don't want it to become a crutch and then feel like my main got neutered when they patch that shit out.
He is still very viable without it. Hell 50% means 2 nets is still enough for a kill. Now the other guy just has to mess up twice instead of once and take some chip. I personally welcome the loss of the reset. Now, people won't have anything "broken" to bitch about. ^_^

Bad news is, buzzsaw is pretty much useless again =-(