What's new

Cyrax Reset fix.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
Courtesy of Paulo Garica on VSM regarding the Cyrax Bomb Fix "the Buzzsaw hit or the 2nd net wont hit, thus ending the reset."

so there you have it. discuss.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
They won't be content with his MEGA Zoning, Anti Air throw that beats everything in the game, Combo into and out of :x, Meter draining nets, safe low block breaking strings, Command grab with huge advantage with a repeat from a safe jump, random net 50+ combos with one bar of meter...But no no no, they need their 70+ resets.

Cut out the fucking resets, he does not need them.

If you can't win a fight with Cyrax without doing 70% resets then your never going to win in this game.

Creepy00

Noob
Guys Cyrax isnt losing all of his resets however that ones that are unavoidable are goin to be gone not only for cyrax but other characters as well like sub 2 1 2 ex freeze reset are goin to be remove. So as long it is avoidable meaning escapable are goin to be kept. And yet cyrax can still do 50% :/

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I've been learning Cyrax. The reset combos are what turned me on to him. They just looked so cool. But this past week and a half, when I've had a chance to play, I've been doing fine with simple 40% combos. No resets because I know they're going.

Just keeping as many bombs on the ground as possible at any given time and learning to really read how my opponent will react has helped a lot. I still make mistakes but this game isn't without risk. If it was, it'd be UMK3 (not knocking it, I love the game, but I'm really loving the back and forth in this installment). Rushing in with 1 2, 1 1, catching standing blockers with a ragdoll at the end of strings, getting in close with his 2 1 2 (risky but closes the distance nicely when you want to get it and a lot of the time unexpected) and knowing when to teleport is all key. I've actually learned *A LOT* by intentionally leaving out the resets for cheap wins. He's more a zoner than I'm accustomed to as somebody who's played Cage so long, but I'm loving the chessy aspect of the character. He's got a lot of tools but you really have to think more about what you're doing.

Eight

I am the salt
Thank fuck.

Cyrax players are getting as annoying as Scorpion players.

Hopefully some people will get off the bandwagon now.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
while grounded from a buzzsaw reaction or a 2nd net you won't be able to get hit (like every other knockdown in the game) this essentially fixes the broken combos. Any of the actual resets where you are waking up into a bomb that you can roll to avoid or wakeup attack will be the same.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Yes please....
We should call this patch "2nd Impact" and the next huge patch "3rd strike" Am I rite?

while grounded from a buzzsaw reaction or a 2nd net you won't be able to get hit (like every other knockdown in the game) this essentially fixes the broken combos. Any of the actual resets where you are waking up into a bomb that you can roll to avoid or wakeup attack will be the same.
I don't think I'm fully understanding this. So does the Buzzsaw/net hit the airborne opponent or not? If it does hit, that would mean that the mid bomb is the one that won't hit the char since the char is in a grounded state, correct?

Another question, if the above scenario is correct, then would this affect his BNB? 2,1~EX BOMB, MIDBOMB, UPPERCUT (Char lands on bomb and explodes into air)
Or bomb pressure pre wakeup in general?
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Thats good news! and i welcome the fix!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you can't win a fight with Cyrax without doing 70% resets then your never going to win in this game.
Well, if they can win with the 70% resets then they are going to win in this game!

NariTuba

disMember
After the SECOND net? Doesnt that mean that if you do 21Exbomb, midbomb, 33net you would still get the reset?

"The 2nd net won't hit"
"while grounded from a buzzsaw reaction or a 2nd net you won't be able to get hit"

He says while "grounded from Buzzsaw reaction or net". It's worded tricky thats why I asked my question above. If it does hit, and it seems so from what I percieved of his wording that would mean the bomb is the one that doesn't hit. But that wouldn't make much sense so I'm assuming neither the buzzsaw or the net will hit.

After the SECOND net? Doesnt that mean that if you do 21Exbomb, midbomb, 33net you would still get the reset?
No because in this combo you said there's one net. That one net will keep them airbone. Even if they get hit by the bomb, when you njp they won't bounce. Hence no reset. The resets are like 33 net 21 exbomb mid bomb dash 33 (net or buzzsaw) the net because its the second will disperse right before the bomb explodes so they cannot do anything bout that. The buzsaw just ends the comb right before the bomb explodes and since you can get hit with unblockable while still laying down that's why that's a reset.

I usually use 33 net njp b2 dash 1 dash 12 mid bomb 22.

Lol i don't use em thoguh. Pretty crappy

NariTuba

disMember
No because in this combo you said there's one net. That one net will keep them airbone. Even if they get hit by the bomb, when you njp they won't bounce. Hence no reset. The resets are like 33 net 21 exbomb mid bomb dash 33 (net or buzzsaw) the net because its the second will disperse right before the bomb explodes so they cannot do anything bout that. The buzsaw just ends the comb right before the bomb explodes and since you can get hit with unblockable while still laying down that's why that's a reset.

I usually use 33 net njp b2 dash 1 dash 12 mid bomb 22.

Lol i don't use em thoguh. Pretty crappy
Right gotcha, of course! it was the second net dissapearing that got you the reset. Silly me.

Great, sounds like a solid solution.

Tony-Ts OTG bomb resets are really gonna be put to the test now!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I will still be owning those who call themselves my opponents!!!:suckit: And bitches will still be bitching!

Pagan

Noob
At this point the reset is only one issue.

If I were a Cyrax player I honestly would be glad NRS is planning on nerfing him so all the bandwagon Cyrax players move on to someone else.

Sporko

Noob
Jesus, I leave for 3 weeks because a friend accidentally takes my copy of the game and I come back and I have no idea what everybody is talking about.

Maxter

Noob
dont worry cyrax players, the one who complaint about cyrax combos are the same unskillful players who never have meters to break combos because they suck at the game, you will still beat them the way cyrax is, i play with cyrax with a lot of pros and they dont complaint because they know cyrax dont have long range damage and when i take their meters and do a 60% combo its because i was the one on offensive, now if im the one on defensive mode i wont even have meters to make combos because i use them for breakers, and if i have the chance to do the combo if the player is bette than me he would have the meter to break the combos maybe the 2 chances i could penetrate his defense. as i said before this game has over200% health bar already breaking combos up to 3 times per round, but low minded players blame the win on the combo and dont see that they suck at the game and never have meters because your owning their arses, i'm tired of so many complaints on this game and so many idiots blaming their losses on characters, cyrax suck with his normals if u are a good player, thats why u dont see him winning majors, now i i would win a major people would say its because of cyrax not because i have skills, netherealm should stop pleasing this crybabaies who cant even play pacman and stop nerfing other people favs characters, i only agree with the subzero community and subzero needs a makor buff on all his special abilities. keep up the good work cyrax players and you will see those who complaints about his combos will still be your bitches and will keep crying aster they destroy the poor yellow cyborg, he woudl become like umk3 with 100% combos unbreakable but useless because of his abilities.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
dont worry cyrax players, the one who complaint about cyrax combos are the same unskillful players who never have meters to break combos because they suck at the game, you will still beat them the way cyrax is, i play with cyrax with a lot of pros and they dont complaint because they know cyrax dont have long range damage and when i take their meters and do a 60% combo its because i was the one on offensive, now if im the one on defensive mode i wont even have meters to make combos because i use them for breakers, and if i have the chance to do the combo if the player is bette than me he would have the meter to break the combos maybe the 2 chances i could penetrate his defense. as i said before this game has over200% health bar already breaking combos up to 3 times per round, but low minded players blame the win on the combo and dont see that they suck at the game and never have meters because your owning their arses, i'm tired of so many complaints on this game and so many idiots blaming their losses on characters, cyrax suck with his normals if u are a good player, thats why u dont see him winning majors, now i i would win a major people would say its because of cyrax not because i have skills, netherealm should stop pleasing this crybabaies who cant even play pacman and stop nerfing other people favs characters, i only agree with the subzero community and subzero needs a makor buff on all his special abilities. keep up the good work cyrax players and you will see those who complaints about his combos will still be your bitches and will keep crying aster they destroy the poor yellow cyborg, he woudl become like umk3 with 100% combos unbreakable but useless because of his abilities.
Hey man! Pacman is pretty hard.

Ankaku

Noob
I love Cyrax, have since I got MK:T for a birthday over a decade ago. Of all the characters I've tried learning, he is the most fun, and I love his chess like gameplay with his traps. Skilled Cyrax players do not need 60+ resets to win, never have. After the patch he'll still do amazing dmg, still have that fun smart style. People will still complain, but the only real reason won't be there anymore. But I don't care how bad a character is, you should never have the ability to do 100% because of a bug. Just my 2 cents