What's new

Cyrax Official Character Trailer!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Seeing the gameplay in full motion, I really really hate the suits. I miss everything coming out of the chest, I miss Cyrax teleporting by literally exploding. You lose so much cool factor by having them just be normal ass people.

Remember when Triborg would rip his head off and throw it at you? You can't do dope shit like that when "realism" matters more than fun

ticklebandit!

Kombatant
I still do not like the pointless gender swap, the stock hollywood Africa accent, the Ironman suits, or pretty much most of the lore decisions in lui's happy go lucky time line. NRS needs to stop lapping up the painfully outdated crumbs from Marvel.

BUT, what I did like

-Kameo Sub clone and new stage
-Cyrax getting the MK9 command grab back
-The (I think EX) net that sent the opponent all the way to the corner to stick against the wall (very reminiscent of that one scene from Predator 2)
-A tracking EX bomb for set ups

My gut says she's gonna play like Cyrax from mkx, which could be cool but not enough for me to buy her. If she plays anything like Lex from Inj 1 I would automatically take back all my complaints and buy her however.

Also, the green foam and magic sticky robot sneakers are fucking stupid.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Seeing the gameplay in full motion, I really really hate the suits. I miss everything coming out of the chest, I miss Cyrax teleporting by literally exploding. You lose so much cool factor by having them just be normal ass people.

Remember when Triborg would rip his head off and throw it at you? You can't do dope shit like that when "realism" matters more than fun
To each his own, but I think the gameplay looks very promising. Given the amount of pop-up options, what appears to be two different nets, a bomb that tracks, I highly doubt Cyrax will be lacking in, "fun."

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
To each his own, but I think the gameplay looks very promising. Given the amount of pop-up options, what appears to be two different nets, a bomb that tracks, I highly doubt Cyrax will be lacking in, "fun."
Nah I mean the gameplay is cool, but the aesthetics aren't there. As her own character she is sick as fuck, but she isn't doing what I want to see from Cyrax. I'm not a huge Cyrax fan tho, so who cares. I'm more worried about what this means for Sektor.

We can't act like if the gameplay is cool the aesthetics don't matter, because that's how you end up with the MvCI Combifiend "functions" disaster

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
For real. He needs at least 60% to kompete with the rest of the kast!!!
That's not what I said or implied at all. I just remember being frustrated at Cyrax in MKX because you had to break your back with combos with all these different timings, strings, bombs etc just to get marginally lower damage than, say, Shinnok with a piss easy 6 hit combo. And I'd rather prefer this Cyrax here not to have that kinda thing, that's all.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Sub-Zero new kameo move is the best thing about this trailer. Oh, and the Red Wedding reference of course

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I just remember being frustrated at Cyrax in MKX
Hey, there was no Cyrax in MKX. There was this shitty abomination pretending to be a fan service that actually stripped off our beloved cyborgs and ended up being one of the most disapointing nrs creations. Hope he will never ever return again and we will finally get proper cyborgs in MK2 or whatever the game will be called (hopefully in the hands of competent people that actually care about the lore and love the well established basics of the MK world)

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee

Also no robo voice

Instead you got the most stereotypical, movie trope black women ever.

Mai rezolv is onmatched,tachalla tich me oll aj knou,wakand foevah

Absolutly cringe.

Gameplay seems alright, wonder if the foam net conflicts with cyrax kameo net as in only 1 per combo or if you can chain them.If they dont conflict there may be tons of bomb setups inbound from her own bombs and cyrax kameo bomb.

D

Deleted member 5032

That's not what I said or implied at all. I just remember being frustrated at Cyrax in MKX because you had to break your back with combos with all these different timings, strings, bombs etc just to get marginally lower damage than, say, Shinnok with a piss easy 6 hit combo. And I'd rather prefer this Cyrax here not to have that kinda thing, that's all.
I was just kidding.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

I don't care what anyone says - they look stupid. It's not Cyrax and Sektor to me. It looks like two random women wearing bad cyborg costumes from Spirit Halloween. It's even more jarring when the mask opens up and they just start chatting.

I'm sure they'll be fun to play, but there are zero people who'd choose these versions of the characters over the OG ones. Oh well. At least NRS killed it on my favorite character's design (Ermac).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Pretty cool trailer. Personal best moment when Sektor slowly revealed like the Predator :eek:

Am I the only one that finds Cyrax's voice a bit distracting? I don't understand why she has that accent when literally no one else has one. lol
No african with an accent speaks perfect english, it's super inconsistent and it's annoying
At some point she is nigerian, then ugandan, then haitian, then jamaican, then wakandan, like WTF, wakanda it's not even real, the Cringerax accent feels like an identity crisis, i wish there was an option to mute her overall.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
No african with an accent speaks perfect english
Which is totally fine. My point was in terms of how does it fit in the context of MK1's world. Does anyone else have an accent at all in the game? Correct me if I'm wrong but other than Liu Kang who has a super mild accent, everyone else speaks perfect American English.

Seems like all the characters in the new era are somehow destined to meet the same fate as they did in the old era. I wonder if our new wakandan friend is going to get dehumanized

Juxtapose

Warrior
Seems like all the characters in the new era are somehow destined to meet the same fate as they did in the old era. I wonder if our new wakandan friend is going to get dehumanized
Similar fates/parallels happened in the alternate timeline compared to the original timeline, so who knows.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
No african with an accent speaks perfect english, it's super inconsistent and it's annoying
At some point she is nigerian, then ugandan, then haitian, then jamaican, then wakandan, like WTF, wakanda it's not even real, the Cringerax accent feels like an identity crisis, i wish there was an option to mute her overall.
It's not that deep.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I don't care what anyone says - they look stupid. It's not Cyrax and Sektor to me. It looks like two random women wearing bad cyborg costumes from Spirit Halloween. It's even more jarring when the mask opens up and they just start chatting.

I'm sure they'll be fun to play, but there are zero people who'd choose these versions of the characters over the OG ones. Oh well. At least NRS killed it on my favorite character's design (Ermac).
The OG versions were just dudes in BMX pads with different palette swaps.

I'd absolutely choose these over that. Are you kidding?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Which is totally fine. My point was in terms of how does it fit in the context of MK1's world. Does anyone else have an accent at all in the game? Correct me if I'm wrong but other than Liu Kang who has a super mild accent, everyone else speaks perfect American English.
yep, but if they're really looking for that autencity, might as well, grab someone nactive who will have the accent and the imperfect english and look far more genuine