What's new

Tech Cyrax Corner loop on Shang Tsung!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
what is the 3 net setup?

and stop making a broken character even more broken!!!
instead of doing d+4~net , (like what im doing in the video) you do 3~net. Either one is fine, But the d+4~net is better because it does not hit confirm into the net. Its better if they block the net because you can do more damage combo filler between resets as shown in part 2 of the vid..

TONY-T

Mad scientist
maaan. why? Lol, it's okay Krayzie You can have your 100% combos and corner traps. It won't help you :) Also Tony -T couldn't Shang delay his wakeup? That way he will absorb the explosion
If you delay the wake up you risk still getting hit by the d+4~net. there is only a small amount of time that you can stay on the ground invincible.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I'm dealing with this bull shit on regular basis since forever. I've been playing shang vs Kosu's Cyrax and I even mentioned somewhere on the forum the wakeup corner issue with shang before. I was looking for way out - but never really found one.

The thing is Tsung's ex SS armor wont last long enough to take the bomb blast. So after a knock down in the corner Cyrax will land a C-bomb and there are some options - the NJP, d4 or the trick with 33 that erases wakeup attack option for Shang (and other char. as well). If shang stays on the ground the bomb will blow him up anyway. Its either up to the ass, or to the month. In both sceneries he is doing Cyrax.

Good stuff Tony!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Im guessing its the shitty wake ups, he can't physically get off the ground and move from a wake up, and with the invincibility the AI still registers the D4 and the net will always come out.
This is what happens. I'll explain:

Wakeups have invincibility, but any attack that makes contact during these frames acts as if it is blocked and you can 2-in-1 specials. This is why the net comes out.

Do people really not know this? :confused:

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i've done this before....so lemme get this straight, if you attack a person getting up to perform a wakeup, even tho they have invincibility and the attack will wiff, the game still treats it as tho it connected allowing you to cancel into a special afterwards correct?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
i've done this before....so lemme get this straight, if you attack a person getting up to perform a wakeup, even tho they have invincibility and the attack will wiff, the game still treats it as tho it connected allowing you to cancel into a special afterwards correct?
Yes.

NariTuba

disMember
Check
TONY-T

Why do you use njp and b2 for the splat knockdown in the video? I thought u4 gave the most splat advantage.
copy paste from the community guide (thanks to Somberness of course):

saw (+28 / cannot be tech rolled)
u4 (+44 no tech roll / + 52 with tech roll)
last hit of 2,1,2 (+44 / cannot be tech rolled) This move also allows Cyrax to OTG the splatted opponent, before they get a chance to perform a wakeup attack, with any low poke or with standing 3.
njp (+57 no tech roll / +65 with tech roll) (3 consecutive njps will splat, 2 njps in the same combo + any other launcher will splat, 1 njp + 2 other launchers in the same combo will splat)
b2 (+60 no tech roll / +70 with tech roll) (the second b2 in the same combo will splat)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Check
TONY-T

Why do you use njp and b2 for the splat knockdown in the video? I thought u4 gave the most splat advantage.
The problem with u+4 is that you have to do a small dash back when doing a close bomb, otherwise the explosion from the bomb misses them altogether. Basically its not as reliable. In the video i showed the easiest method for when they get hit by the net and a more damaging method if they block the net. Both are very reliable. If your comfortable using u+4 , then id say go for it. there is also another more damaging method but it has stricter timing..

TONY-T

Mad scientist
you can see this in action on the very first trap in part 3. notice i did the d+4~net, but when the d+4 hit him it didnt make any noise but the net still came out. you cant do a d+4~net without hitting your opponent, the net simply wont come out..

Just to show how long ago i posted this...

nearly a year ago... I have no idea why this is being treated as new when all it is is my find with d4 instead of 3.

I posted tons on this, along with Noob, NW, Quan, and Tag Hellfire already. There's no reason why this should be considered as new....

later...

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Just to show how long ago i posted this...

nearly a year ago... I have no idea why this is being treated as new when all it is is my find with d4 instead of 3.

I posted tons on this, along with Noob, NW, Quan, and Tag Hellfire already. There's no reason why this should be considered as new....

later...
Actually it has its roots back further then your shang vid. Your shang vid was made in december 2011, i had a version of this back in july 2011 in cyrax round 4, but had been doing it atleast a month before that..

Here at 3:10
This version later turned out to escapable though..

I got the idea from Trophy club, thats why i gave him credit in my first post and i also give you credit for the same reason. Only your combo doesnt focus on the infinite aspect, My video was all about how to use it as an infinite.