What's new

Tech Cyrax Corner loop on Shang Tsung!

TONY-T

Mad scientist

Credit to this must also go to Check and Trophy Club for the inspiration..

This shows the basic corner loop agaisnt Shang Tsung in the corner.

Shang Cannot escape this, their is nothing he can do other then to wait for a breaker..

Part 1 shows the basic corner loop as well as shang cannot jump out of this loop

Part 2 shows that if he blocks the net, you can get a more damaging juggle filler then if he were to get hit by the net.

Part 3 shows that if he does wakeup attacks, he still gets hit no matter what..

This can also be done with 3~net, but the reason i use d+4~net is because the d+4~net doesnt hit confirm. If the net hits them during the trap, you are limited to only a njp followed by 2 b+2's into ground splat. if they block the net, you can get full damage reset combo into net, followed by njp splat. You can even go for an EXnet to drain there meter before the NJP splat..

So basically its better to use a d+4~net because if they get hit by the d+4, they might be tempted to hold block, in wich case they will block the net. with 3~net you dont have this option as the 3 hit confirms into the net...

If they do Wakeup attack with soul steal, you have to hit block as soon as possible. this will stop him from transforming into cyrax. If he manages to transform into cyrax its because you havent layed out the bomb quick enough after the splat. If he does transform into cyrax he still gets hit by the bomb only now he has cyraxs wakeup abilitys and he will be able to escape the trap. so you must make sure you plant the bomb perfectly after the splat..

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Noob has the same shit against Shang lol

If Kabal hits Shang with a dash while he is morphed gives Kabal a FREE combo after the f4~ndc ender every time lol

I think Shang is a great character, but in these situations, he is fucked.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
What makes this trap exclusive to Shang?
his wakeup attacks keep him on the same spot. other characters wakeups can go across the screen avoiding the bomb and the d+4~net..

It may work on other characters. maybe sektor, but i dont think so..

kronspik

Noob
Does this work on Quan Chi? His wakeups are don't move him around except for telestomp which is very slow.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Does this work on Quan Chi? His wakeups are don't move him around except for telestomp which is very slow.
It probably has the potential to work on other characters when they dont have meter, but maybe only a few.. id have to test..

Can Shang not ex soul-steal through this?
Invincibility/armor off ex soul steal wouldn't last long enough to avoid the bomb. You'd be better off saving the meter for breaker.

I'm thinking Ex gs would get him netted and launched but still hit cyrax, allowing him to escape the corner. Unless the net interrupts the rest of ex gs.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It probably has the potential to work on other characters when they dont have meter, but maybe only a few.. id have to test..
Kenshi (barge knocks you down and fullscreen), Noob (teleport?), Kitana (boost? ... I think Cutter would hit)

vs Quan Chi, would a d4 into teleport work? The sky drop would hit the teleport and act like it was blocked right? Full combo time. So would this setup work on Raiden also if he tried Superman? He would be forced to teleport which could be baited.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Kenshi (barge knocks you down and fullscreen), Noob (teleport?), Kitana (boost? ... I think Cutter would hit)

vs Quan Chi, would a d4 into teleport work? The sky drop would hit the teleport and act like it was blocked right? Full combo time. So would this setup work on Raiden also if he tried Superman? He would be forced to teleport which could be baited.
Not sure about quan chi, but i honestly cant see it working on raiden. raiden would be able to superman you for sure..

TONY-T You should mention that the 3~net setup is the one i sent you (if you don't remember, you had said you might have a way to make it higher... that's the one...)

Anyway, i wasn't gonna release till i finished remaking my vid.. but i guess it's cool that you posted it. Next time let me know man! I wanted to showcase it in my upcoming video.

Konqrr I have some Kenshi tech that i recorded around the time that i showed Tony the 3~net setup. I haven't released this video, even though it's done lol. It was meant to be my "last mk9 video", so i have been waiting to release it. Ill send you the Kenshi setup though and explain how it works.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
TONY-T You should mention that the 3~net setup is the one i sent you (if you don't remember, you had said you might have a way to make it higher... that's the one...)

Anyway, i wasn't gonna release till i finished remaking my vid.. but i guess it's cool that you posted it. Next time let me know man! I wanted to showcase it in my upcoming video.

Konqrr I have some Kenshi tech that i recorded around the time that i showed Tony the 3~net setup. I haven't released this video, even though it's done lol. It was meant to be my "last mk9 video", so i have been waiting to release it. Ill send you the Kenshi setup though and explain how it works.
Yea man, the only reason i didnt mention your particular combo was because it focused more on high damage and not so much the infinite aspect.
But i do give you credit because it inspired me :)

Maxter

Noob
Did you try this trap with a real person Tony? gotta try it on roll, still wake ups are invinsible during rolls, and if he can't get out yet, just try it with a rqal person, cause practice mode is glitch y as hell, a lot of wake ups don't have invincibility on this mode and also on a real match you have more frames to activate them, after roll or no roll, practice mode is really good for setups, good thing about not rolling is that you have more time to activate invincibility, but rolls get you out of shit with precise time to do an invincible wake up =)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
PND_Mustard - thoughts? (btw er, don't expect Phos to ever play this matchup again now #Kappa)

can we just ban this fkn character already -_-, i vote for only cyblax to be playable tourny wise.
To be fair, this is Shang's problem, not Cyrax's dumbness. Unless there's someone else who doesn't any wake-ups that can bypass this setup.

Hell, this just goes to show how insane Cyrax would still be even if NRS did fix the resets.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Did you try this trap with a real person Tony? gotta try it on roll, still wake ups are invinsible during rolls, and if he can't get out yet, just try it with a rqal person, cause practice mode is glitch y as hell, a lot of wake ups don't have invincibility on this mode and also on a real match you have more frames to activate them, after roll or no roll, practice mode is really good for setups, good thing about not rolling is that you have more time to activate invincibility, but rolls get you out of shit with precise time to do an invincible wake up =)
Tried in on roll as well but decided to keep the vid with roll turned off. Works with roll on!

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
We are having a huge Cyrax meeting at NEC. We all need to be spread out on the bracket so that everybody feels our wrath.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
what is the 3 net setup?

and stop making a broken character even more broken!!!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Geez, does Cyrax have a personal vendetta against Shang Tsung? For once, I feel sorry for the sorcerer.

WoundCowboy - you may need a new character to handle Krayzie.

We are having a huge Cyrax meeting at NEC. We all need to be spread out on the bracket so that everybody feels our wrath.
Watch me nip your rampage in the bud by taking out the figurehead (you) as revenge for MLG Dallas. :D You'll want to have those safeties ready.