What's new

Cyrax and Sektor Deconfirmed? Robocop Gets a MK3 Cyber Ninja Costume

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
To whomever said that mk games with every character is the worst I'd respectfully disagree, that would be MKT or MKA and I'd play either any day over mk 11 KL. Just saying.

Some people become fans of a series for just a single character. I'd personally buy an MK with any roster, but I'd never touch a Tekken that didn't have King or at least Feng
I wonder how much money MK would lose if Scorpion and Sub weren't in MK 12, just out of curiousity.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
I know it sucks for Cyrax and Sektor fans but why are some of y'all acting like they ever had a chance? Their files were removed from the game, they weren't in KP1, they were never apart of the Aftermath leak, etc.

Same with the ninjas. Still see people speculating if Ermac will be back. Come on, they made him a cool model just to kill him off in the Krypt and they gave Shang all of the missing ninja's moves -- I think that says enough about whether or not NRS is "passionate" about him right now.

Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Ermac, Rain, Reptile, Mileena, Chameleon, and Khameleon have all been de-confirmed since the dawn of time, lets be real.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
man looking at this thread title again...if u told me this at mk11 launch I woulda thought it was a suuuuuper hard troll or comedy thread. At this point if u told me this was the next dlc and shes getting a mileena skin I wouldnt be surprised:
I'd be down for that lmao

Art Lean

Noob
man looking at this thread title again...if u told me this at mk11 launch I woulda thought it was a suuuuuper hard troll or comedy thread. At this point if u told me this was the next dlc and shes getting a mileena skin I wouldnt be surprised:
Off-topic, yet will make it on-topic haha... Call me crazy but just like Cassie Cage (see, on-topic), that there's a woman I thought looked a thousand times better with a cute short haircut. Above is a generic Barbie just like Cass in MK11, below is a lot more unique and stylish... just like MKX Cass :cool:

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Off-topic, yet will make it on-topic haha... Call me crazy but just like Cassie Cage (see, on-topic), that there's a woman I thought looked a thousand times better with a cute short haircut. Above is a generic Barbie just like Cass in MK11, below is a lot more unique and stylish... just like MKX Cass :cool:

View attachment 16923
I agree Cassie looks great with her MKX undercut hairstyle. But she has a short hairstyle in MK11 and it just makes her look like a high school boy. I think the correct arguement is, whoever they hired to do the fashion and style for the girls in MK11 (Excelt for Sindel) needs to be fired and shot.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I agree Cassie looks great with her MKX undercut hairstyle. But she has a short hairstyle in MK11 and it just makes her look like a high school boy. I think the correct arguement is, whoever they hired to do the fashion and style for the girls in MK11 (Excelt for Sindel) needs to be fired and shot.
Her classik cassie skins the best (the newer ones)

Art Lean

Noob
Oh god it's awful, especially as it's tied to the hideous "tit hammock" ribbed rubber space suit with the sausage wrist gauntlets or the "we need 20!!! YES 20! colours variants of a revolting, oversized, movement-impeding space armour that was designed to have a helmet in concept art but we couldn't be bothered with that so here it is without!"

I think the simple answer is "no women were consulted in the designing of these costumes".

Which I would like to follow that up with an actual woman critiquing Cassie's shitty costumes:

MalevolentFix

Cassie's costumes are shockingly awful this time. What the fuck happened. Also, seems like someone at NRS is obsessed with their military themes.
I've been playing Sindel heavy waiting for Sheeva to land and her levitation intro (The only one I use) has her laughing deeply to herself on her way in. My head canon when she does this against Cassie, is being amused by the Earthrealmer's complete lack of fashion sense.

MalevolentFix

Robocop already looks like robocop though.

the characters very few people want are sektor and cyrax, only loud crybaby bitches.
I wouldnt say Very few. Surely fewer than they think. Triborg had a pretty fair online presence in X tho. I feel like saying Sektor and Cyrax are only wanted by a slant minority is pretty insincere. They're pretty important characters and unique additions.

I could get behind you on Rain or something.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I wouldnt say Very few. Surely fewer than they think. Triborg had a pretty fair online presence in X tho. I feel like saying Sektor and Cyrax are only wanted by a slant minority is pretty insincere. They're pretty important characters and unique additions.

I could get behind you on Rain or something.
whats insincere is sektor and cyrax fans thinking anything other than robocop being infinitely more popular than the characters they claim "everyone wants".

Spoiler robocop is here over them for a reason, he's gonna sell more dlc and more units of the game than they ever would.

The actual popular characters like johnny subzero scorpion and liu kang are already in the game, the robots are nowhere near up there in terms of popularity.

trufenix

bye felicia
whats insincere is sektor and cyrax fans thinking anything other than robocop being infinitely more popular than the characters they claim "everyone wants".

Spoiler robocop is here over them for a reason, he's gonna sell more dlc and more units of the game than they ever would.

The actual popular characters like johnny subzero scorpion and liu kang are already in the game, the robots are nowhere near up there in terms of popularity.
Anti-guest fans subscribe to a sort of backwards logic where being a fan of a guest makes you not a fan of the original thing, so there's no way there's more fans of robocop than sektor / cyrax fans because none of those people like mortal kombat, or even know what it is.

They will probbaly only play mk11 long enough to watch his intros in customize, maybe let their ai do the towers to get his endings, then de-install the game and get back to watching the Robocop series on repeat.

trufenix

bye felicia
So? it's pissing me off when the characters I love the most are given as skins to a guest character! I'm allowed to.
It's not much to ask to stop with that hideous trend leaving fan favorites out and bringing in new and guest character that no one has asked for.
And I bet no one asked for RoboCop before it was in the leak, same with Rambo, all of a sudden there are Rambo stans, before the leak? it was unheard of.
dude, NRS put Robocop in their game. THEY wanted it.

And let me tell you, as maybe the world only Kobra fan, and one of the seven or eight kai fans, listening to other fanbases like yours get their panties in a bunch never gets old.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Anti-guest fans subscribe to a sort of backwards logic where being a fan of a guest makes you not a fan of the original thing, so there's no way there's more fans of robocop than sektor / cyrax fans because none of those people like mortal kombat, or even know what it is.

They will probbaly only play mk11 long enough to watch his intros in customize, maybe let their ai do the towers to get his endings, then de-install the game and get back to watching the Robocop series on repeat.
Even more likely they just watch his shit on youtube

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
And let me tell you, as maybe the world only Kobra fan, and one of the seven or eight kai fans, listening to other fanbases like yours get their panties in a bunch never gets old.
I feel that. I have love for the 3d era losers like Kobra and Hsu Hao. Most important lesson I've learned about NRS is to just not give a fuck. They don't give a fuck, so the only one who ends up the loser is you. Just look at what they do to Mileena and Rain fans.

Sektor was one of the very few characters to survive MK9, so naturally I thought he would be in MKX for sure. Instead he gets an offscreen death and I'm forced to look at his decapitated head on a table. Then I wait months for his issue of the MKX comic to come out and his freshly ripped off head is on the cover. MK11 is here and he gets the best redesign he's ever had, then it turns out he isn't playable. He gets another redesign where he's decked out in this gorgeous white and gold, then dies. Then I go into the Krypt and see his mangled body is part of a puzzle for some cheap gold coins.

So when I see one of my least favorite guest character candidates has a Sektor skin, I can't help but laugh. It doesn't bother me anymore. I'd be a chump if it did

ErmacMKX

Noob
Trust and the worst is Robocop looks boring af to play with. If you're going to replace an icon at least make the new character interesting at least. Robocop will be just like the Terminator, hyped until he's released, then you'll never see him after his initial first week.

But hey at least casual fans will get to play him for a day before dropping the game again.

Mr.Khen

I am you
dude, NRS put Robocop in their game. THEY wanted it.
I mean, that's literally the source to all of my salt: they put him in the game (giving him Cyrax and Sektor moves, skin and colors.)

That doesn't mean I will drop the game I never claimed I will or anything of that sort... nothing will stop me from playing an MK game
I play most of the roster regardless, and super excited for Fujin
I just can't stand behind that choice, assuming they might have a slight chance of making it in.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Let's be honest, in HS Cassie was definitely a fuck boi, so the haircut makes sense, but it's a little too Karen. Her MKX costumes and hairstyles were so much better. And so was her gameplay. There I said it.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I feel that. I have love for the 3d era losers like Kobra and Hsu Hao. Most important lesson I've learned about NRS is to just not give a fuck. They don't give a fuck, so the only one who ends up the loser is you. Just look at what they do to Mileena and Rain fans.

Sektor was one of the very few characters to survive MK9, so naturally I thought he would be in MKX for sure. Instead he gets an offscreen death and I'm forced to look at his decapitated head on a table. Then I wait months for his issue of the MKX comic to come out and his freshly ripped off head is on the cover. MK11 is here and he gets the best redesign he's ever had, then it turns out he isn't playable. He gets another redesign where he's decked out in this gorgeous white and gold, then dies. Then I go into the Krypt and see his mangled body is part of a puzzle for some cheap gold coins.

So when I see one of my least favorite guest character candidates has a Sektor skin, I can't help but laugh. It doesn't bother me anymore. I'd be a chump if it did
Just to play devil's advocate here, I think the blame doesn't all fall on NRS when it comes to guest characters in MK games. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I do believe that it has more to do with WB than NRS themselves. Like they have some contracts to certain franchises to give them exposure idk. But that's just the feeling I get.

And then there's the side where NRS balances their roster characters that haven't been in games for a while and also maybe want to attract people with characters you never thought you'd see in MK games, or they also think it'll be cool to have these guests in like take Spawn, for example, he has been demanded by fans over and over again.

So I think overall, whether you agree with this or not, the issue is way more complicated than 'NRS doesn't give a fuck'.