What's new

Match-up Discussion Cyborg Matchup Discussion

At fullscreen I am usally able to get a fireball to trade with DS which gives me enough time to setup a far rocket which he has to respect and that will change the zonning momentum to my favor or give me time to dash in and do a grapplingg hook to get in, but overall the match up still pretty difficult. I am sure @CURBOLICOUS the self appointed cyborg gawd can explain the MU better though.

Tyram

Noob
So far Sinestro and Deathstroke are the worst match ups for me.

I am still working on some strats to beat the match ups though. its not easy.

st9rm

viennality.com
i find it hard to deal with deathstroke and aquaman (i hate that guys zoning), also killer frost needs to be respected

Deathstroke is definitely bad, I don't think sinestro is bad but I don't know the matchup yet, same goes for doomsday its probably not that bad but I get owned for now, aquaman is bad in the long run because you cant really fireball or airfireball

Tyram

Noob
against superman zoning tech when he goes up in the air and tries the lazer you from distance just neutral jump and fireball him and he gets hit for free all day.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Deathstroke is definitely bad, I don't think sinestro is bad but I don't know the matchup yet, same goes for doomsday its probably not that bad but I get owned for now, aquaman is bad in the long run because you cant really fireball or airfireball
Deathstroke isn't as hard if you have your timing down, especially with that zipline and air fireball, the latter for a delay in your falling.

Sinestro on the other hand, yeesh.

Tyram

Noob
I finally played a legit Joker last night against my friend Alex Valle aka Calipower and I really dislike the match up between cyborg and Joker. Here is my review.

against The Joker you can play the zoning game BUT you have to have the life lead before you start shooting eachother because Joker's gun is hella good and will trade with you all day long.

Your options are very limited when you are full screen away from joker and joker has full super bar.You can duck against his gun and not get hit but you have to respect his super because if you IANB on the ground or in the air you will get hit with super for free. Also while your crouching joker can roll a poison canister at you for free so you are stuck. joker can cancel his gun and delay the firing of the gun.

In the corner joker can lock cyborg down very easily. joker throws bombs on the ground while keeping you in the corner while at the same time jumping in on you then repeating this.

Joker's Anti air is very good as well. Cyborg's jump 3 got beat a lot as well as Jump 2.

IMO this match up is very hard for Cyborg.

Hear is my current strategy on beating the Joker!

- Keep away the entire match BUT MOST OF ALL KEEP THE LIFE LEAD!
- Also, jump in the air and do double IAB attack land and throw another blast. shoot as much as you can at him until he builds that super Meter and then respect that shit FOR SURE.
- IF joker gets in on you try to getting a combo off that will blast Joker full screen away from you and then continue this strategy. * I believe the up close battle against joker is free for Joker IMO*
- When you have Joker down to about half of his red life meter left. IF you happen to have a full super bar on you joker should respect the fact that you have full meter so if Joker shoots his gun or jumps at you punish him with a super for the win. Keep in mind though that the joker can cancel his gun so get a feel for how your apponent is playing joker and see what he is doing with his knowlege of playing the character.

I hope this will help some of you with some good info and possible strat against the joker.

Tyram

Noob
How do you fight against Aquaman?

if you try to zone him he has that damn shield that allows him to take no damage.

his ground trident is hard to avoid plus he regualr trident knocks you down as well.

Any ideas?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Came across that as well, you have absolutely nothing.

He has the anti-projectile water shield, the fast vertical ground trident to keep you from using target locked or healing, a horizontal trident that's too long to jump over, faster moves up close, more range up close, better mid-range game, you cant really jump/grapple in on him safely either.

I got nothing.

Cyborg has some pretty fucked match-ups even though he's generally good.

Raven, DS, and Aquaman are the worst so far for me.

Tyram

Noob
yeah man i feel your pain.

everytime I fight a good Aquaman I get beat the fuck down.

right now mine is Sinestro, DS, Aquaman.

Came across that as well, you have absolutely nothing.

He has the anti-projectile water shield, the fast vertical ground trident to keep you from using target locked or healing, a horizontal trident that's too long to jump over, faster moves up close, more range up close, better mid-range game, you cant really jump/grapple in on him safely either.

I got nothing.

Cyborg has some pretty fucked match-ups even though he's generally good.

Raven, DS, and Aquaman are the worst so far for me.
If AquaMan tries to use his shield(which is the least of your problems in this matchup) the target lock WILL damage him, but he'll stay in the shielded animation.

I definitely feel like Cyborg Loses this MU flat out, but there is a way to approach the match. Most important is to stay MIDSCREEN, you will lose to AquaMan if you stay Far Screen or Up close to him too much. By staying Mid screen the Aquaman player has to respect the fact that he can not abuse the ground trident, or the projectile trident without being punished.

Once you establish yourself mid screen, its crucial to be wary of AM's far reaching lows, his overhead is fast and can be followed by a low so watch out. This is a match where Cyborgs D,F2 has to be utilized, and take EVERY opportunity you can to target lock, AM's D2 is too good to try and jump on him period. Only deep cross ups after a knock down, or jumping/grapple with target lock assistance is advised. Making use of Cyborg's far reaching armored B3/F3 is also recommended.

Tyram

Noob
Target Lock WILL hurt him. It's on now!

thanks for all the info bro. I will most def try this strat against an Aquman tonight!

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
Superman is the most hardest to go against for me when using Cyborg this week.
Why is that? What gives you trouble? Against Superman full screen all you have to do is IAFB (as best as you can) to lock him down on the ground. The moment he jumps to do a laser you can react and shoot a fireball really high to knock him out of his laser (you won't trade because his laser has too much startup. Once he's up close (which he shouldn't be) just push block to avoid his pressure and his 50/50 mixup and grapple away. Rinse and repeat and y0u should be good.

SteveRod92

Stevezam!!! :P
Why is that? What gives you trouble? Against Superman full screen all you have to do is IAFB (as best as you can) to lock him down on the ground. The moment he jumps to do a laser you can react and shoot a fireball really high to knock him out of his laser (you won't trade because his laser has too much startup. Once he's up close (which he shouldn't be) just push block to avoid his pressure and his 50/50 mixup and grapple away. Rinse and repeat and y0u should be good.
Hey, I'm a little lost and new here. What does IAFB stand for? Sorry for the noob question!

Tyram

Noob
can you mash out of Sinestro's lock down attack that ties you up? I feel like when i get caught im pretty much screw'd and I get combo'd for free.

Ideas?

Also I was wondering if anyone had some ideas or thoughts on MAX damage punisher's for cyborg. *i'm saying in a real match aspect* When sinestro whiffs a lot of his moves he looks pretty open for a punnsh so I would like a nice BNB that would deal a good deal of damage. I mostly only do my combos with 1 meter because I burn a lot of meter with b3 or f3 plus AF meter burn.

I've been doing b1,b2,db1+ meter burn.

any others with 1 meter?

I'd mostly also like a max damage combo mid screen with no meter.