Regarding the Raven matchup, Back Grapple is incredibly useful against her. Enough to, IMO, make it 5-5.
In what manner? When I play Blindman I find the best strategy is to try and generate offense. Only really zone and back grapple with a significant life lead.Regarding the Raven matchup, Back Grapple is incredibly useful against her. Enough to, IMO, make it 5-5.
Only when his trait is on.how the fuck do you fight green lantern? everything he has is faster and outranges cyborg? i only played cyborg 5 seconds but this is frustrating as fuck.
For what reasons do you think the Doomsday MU is a 5-5 in the game's current state?I know the patch isn't out yet, but considering the MB fast advancing specials of some characters getting two hits of armor for Catwoman and Doomsday among others for example...should we be looking at those as potential bad match ups now?
They were most likely 5-5 before, but considering they can now absorb two hits with their armor to get in it makes zoning that much more tricky and limited for Cyborg.
Just figured we could get some early speculation going.
For what reasons do you think the Doomsday MU is a 5-5 in the game's current state?
That one seems crazy, even now.
It is probably pretty even. But it will always be frustrating for cyborg. BA hits like a truck and has good mobility/interactable control. Black magic and lightning shouldn't be much of a problem. They should wiff 90% of the time and the other 10% should at least net you a favorable trade. Be careful about spamming at the wrong times. If he hits you with one black magic or lightning then he is in on you for free and all that chip/fireball damage you have been accumulating will be for naught. Never block low, use pushblock frequently. IF you see him dash in for upclose pressure grapple away.Anyone know anything about the Cyborg-Black Adam match up?
I feel like Cyborg probably wins or goes even, but it's causing me some problems right now.
The lightning cloud is a pain. I'm not sure if my iaNB just aren't good enough or if I need to stay closer when I'm trying to zone. I also have trouble keeping him out of the air. I try to make reads and use different heights for my air fireballs to hit him out of jumps, but I have trouble finding the right pattern to keep him out of the air and not divekicking
Meter seems like a bit of a problem too. You need it pretty much anytime you attempt a ground fireball to keep him from divekicking you if he jumps it.
Oh, and what's the best punish for a blocked dive kick?
Also, is the Shazam match up considered heavily in Cyborgs favor? I was running that last night and it didn't seem like Shazam could do anything
MMH-Cyborg is the definitive worst MU in the game haha. It is close to impossible against a good MMH. Essentially you have to play very random with forward dashes and iafb. You are always at risk and the only damage you are doing is chip, the dashing helps to bait a teleport. Sometimes charging a fireball, then canceling with a forward dash is good at baiting an OH tele (same with scorpion). Post-Blocked OH teleport the best option is to ianb-MB if he MB-B3 you will hit him out, if he dashes forward you hit him out, dashes back hit him out.If he ducks you get 2% chip! If he has trait though he will hit you out and you have 0 options. If he gets the life lead prepeared to get zoned out. I talk about it more indeoth in my MU# thread.I really like Cyborg and would like to play him more, but he has so many problem match ups. I don't play online much and my offline scene has a ton of MMH's, Batgirls, and Scorpions and I don't think I need to tell you guys how frustrating it is playing those match ups as Cyborg. If I wanted to play losing match ups I'd just stick with Ares.
I'm starting to like the Cyborg-Scorpion match up though. Might even be a 5-5, imo.
Scorpion can't punish an iaNB with teleport on reaction and Cyborg can punish both regular and MB teleport on block(regular teleport gets you a b3 and mb you can punish with 12b2~powerfist or 113~whatever). You can't just machine gun iaNB because then he'll get you, but you can do it enough that you're not left with no useful zoning game. Also, if he MB teleports as you do iaNB the teleport sort of glitches under you and he doesn't get his combo.
Spear and Hellfire aren't really threats because anything you're doing will let you block spear in time and you'll often be in the air to avoid Hellfire.
Powerfist is a good aa is this match up, it can stop him from doing a bunch of his j3 nonsense and using those divekick interactables.
You can activate trait and then dash forward and his teleport will usually whiff or you can block it.
I'd love tips on MMH, Batgirl, or Catwoman match ups. MMH in particular is awful. I thought the Ares-MMH was about as bad as a match up can get, but Cyborg might have it worse. At least Ares has strong options is the post OH teleport game and a better chance of landing some high damage corner combos.