What's new

Match-up Discussion Cyborg Matchup Discussion

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I do... O.0

Also, how do you deal with Grundy when he has his reduced-chip buff on? Can't really do much with NB, and trying to get in and open him up with some strings usually ends up in him doing d2 into trait. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
No.
I literally have zero suggestions for either matchup.
Sorry, but I wanted to post something.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Especially Grundy with chip trait.
Get lucky with MB forward 3s, I guess.

I do... O.0

Also, how do you deal with Grundy when he has his reduced-chip buff on? Can't really do much with NB, and trying to get in and open him up with some strings usually ends up in him doing d2 into trait. Any suggestions?
Just play lame with zip and zone the shit out of him, rarely catches me with swamp hands when iafb. I wish slips didn't drop Cyborg I think he was only player that got him. Anywho, I have been playing cy pretty hard this week and I can't see how he is not the worse char in the game.

hunchy

Professional Drunk
I don't have too much experience with that MU, but I find that it's pretty effective to d1xxSD her as soon as she teleports beside you
Hmm yes I found this myself and it helps a lot but I feel I'm not getting enough damage. Another problem with this is if I play a smart Zatanna they will MB Teleport Which can be hard to read.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Hmm yes I found this myself and it helps a lot but I feel I'm not getting enough damage. Another problem with this is if I play a smart Zatanna they will MB Teleport Which can be hard to read.
Ya you're right. I think abusing the grapple is also a good idea in this MU since I don't believe Zatanna has very good anti-airs. Move around with grapple as much as she does with her teleport, she can't MB teleport forever...and the more meter she spends on teleport, the less she has for combos. Hope this helps!

hunchy

Professional Drunk
Ya you're right. I think abusing the grapple is also a good idea in this MU since I don't believe Zatanna has very good anti-airs. Move around with grapple as much as she does with her teleport, she can't MB teleport forever...and the more meter she spends on teleport, the less she has for combos. Hope this helps!
Yeah man thanks for the help.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Hey guys, got crushed by a Bane player today :(
Does anyone have any footage of Cyborg vs Bane I can study? Need some help!

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Hey guys, got crushed by a Bane player today :(
Does anyone have any footage of Cyborg vs Bane I can study? Need some help!
Just run from him trade nova blast on whiffed running move he does if you dodge it. On wake up if you knock him down nova cancel back dash and make all his wake Up's whiff and punish with a b3. You can react to the wake you run move so most bane's never wake up with it.

Last edited:

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Just run from him trade nova blast on whiffed running move he does if you dodge it. On wake up if you knock him down nova cancel back dash and make all his wake Up's whiff and punish with a b3. You can reach to the wake you run move so most bane's never wake up with it.
Okay, but how about when I get knocked down?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Okay, but how about when I get knocked down?
Try not to get knocked down there isn't much Vic can do in this situation. Bane player with smarts will maul you on knock down eliminating wake up situations. If TA were faster on start up we could probably trade with his knock down game. But just be careful and of course when his trait is up go in on him.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Try not to get knocked down there isn't much Vic can do in this situation. Bane player with smarts will maul you on knock down eliminating wake up situations. If TA were faster on start up we could probably trade with his knock down game. But just be careful and of course when his trait is up go in on him.
Sounds good, thank you swift!