What's new

Cyborg Injustice 2 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
2 new fireball arcs, new mb combo extender/wake up into full combo, new real trait, and the whole cast being normalized has you worried?

He looks insanely strong with all that and his returning moves. Just needs booyah
Lets just hope they show him tomorrow and that he actually has some cool new string, i wanted him to have at least one popup string that can lead into b3/f3 but that's probably too much to ask for at this point (it doesn't even seem like his new mb extender can do that so...).

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Not sure if you guys have seen this but it has new cyborg footage...

Playstation Access preview of Injustice 2:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Lets just hope they show him tomorrow and that he actually has some cool new string, i wanted him to have at least one popup string that can lead into b3/f3 but that's probably too much to ask for at this point (it doesn't even seem like his new mb extender can do that so...).
Considering he can pop up with missles, trait bombs, and mb fist he realy shouldnt need a meterless pop up string with all these fireballs and run away options especially when the majority of the cast including non-projectile cgaracters cannot meterless pop up anymore except situationally, the same should apply to him

Espio

Kokomo
Considering he can pop up with missles, trait bombs, and mb fist he realy shouldnt need a meterless pop up string with all these fireballs and run away options especially when the majority of the cast including non-projectile cgaracters cannot meterless pop up anymore except situationally, the same should apply to him
Cyborg looks better than he ever has and all everyone can do is be negative. I don't get how he looks bad at all.

He has so many choices with fireball placement now that you aren't gonna get the lifelead and just camp him out and his trait seems like he might be able to set up jump in pressure scenarios well too. More locations he can zone you at, better trait, grapple may still have a hit of armor, forward 2,2 is a good ranged mid (it always was).

Nothing about new Cyborg makes me feel uneasy, he looks versatile for the first time.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Cyborg looks better than he ever has and all everyone can do is be negative. I don't get how he looks bad at all.

He has so many choices with fireball placement now that you aren't gonna get the lifelead and just camp him out and his trait seems like he might be able to set up jump in pressure scenarios well too. More locations he can zone you at, better trait, grapple may still have a hit of armor, forward 2,2 is a good ranged mid (it always was).

Nothing about new Cyborg makes me feel uneasy, he looks versatile for the first time.
go to 0:07

So his zoning and mix-up game is much improved and now he has some possibly dirty set-ups to boot. Biggest improvement overall is he looks FUN to use now. Previous version was just too much work with so little tools.
Curious what gear moves he'll have...would like to know if techno-tackle can be used as a true tick-throw ala Erron Black. (he'd be drawing quite a few parallels to Black if this was the case).

So strategy is set Roomba, fire Missiles for ambiguous hard-to-block while doing air fireball. If you catch them mid range, combo with powerfist to knock them back. If they get close, do air droid and grapple line for cross-up, even if they catch you they get hit by droid and drop the combo.

Super's start-up may be nerfed, but considering he has many more options to use his meter it won't be a necessary tool (which if a character is reliant on their super like he was before, that's a bad sign imo).

Really caught between Cyborg, Aquaman, and Lantern now for a returning main. I dig it!

Espio

Kokomo
@PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard Thanks for this breakdown guys, much appreciated!
Question for you: are his sonic disruptor specials back? You mentioned that db2 (which previously was the input for up sonic disruptor) is now power fist, but how about df2 for the regular one?
At the very least his straight sonic disruptor is in the game, that was seen in some video footage. Not sure which vid though.

Reactions: Ram
@PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard Thanks for this breakdown guys, much appreciated!
Question for you: are his sonic disruptor specials back? You mentioned that db2 (which previously was the input for up sonic disruptor) is now power fist, but how about df2 for the regular one?
I saw sonic disrupter in one trailer, can't remember where. It's definitely there though, but it could be gear.

@PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard I can't thank you guys enough for this, going to repping Cyborg hard so this clears up a lot. Just drooling over how I can implement his trait (now that he has one) into his gameplay

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I saw sonic disrupter in one trailer, can't remember where. It's definitely there though, but it could be gear.

@PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard I can't thank you guys enough for this, going to repping Cyborg hard so this clears up a lot. Just drooling over how I can implement his trait (now that he has one) into his gameplay
Would be nice if you could cancel into his trait, could bring it out after a midscreen 113 or b123. I could also see some potential in armor-breaking and OKI.
It's a good time to be a borg :cool:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Trait seems like they will be used in all the same style of set ups and uses missles had but with the added benefit of also occupying space on the screen as they move towards you

So here are my thoughts

-I like how they kept most of his specials. I would have liked to see some new string or special, but so far so good. I'm still nervous if they changed some of the hurtbox issues with him (I'm sure they didn't) like f22 whiffing on low hurtbox characters, Jump-in 11 whiffing, b2,13 whiffing and also b1 whiffing as well. Hopefully they'll look into it
-Mid screen damage!!!! Really glad to hear this, it's what plagued the character the most. Now I don't have to throw out random f3's just to pray to get damage. It seems that he will lose his corner damage due to the MB Powerfist change, but I'll have to play him to see.
-Zoning is back, which is awesome. The return of IANB, and also the diagonal fireball to cover the 2 to 3 range is excellent. I wonder if it's an overhead though, no mention of that. Also the reverse MB version is pretty clever.
-WE GOT A TRAIT! I can't express how excited I am for this trait. I can see this as a zoning tool, as well as a setup/pressure tool as well. Imagine, IAFB, then target acquired close, then sending an air missile. My god the possibilities. It can also work to control air space (preemptive anti-air) and make punishable special safe (doing a Powerfist, but with trait they can no longer punish). It also comes out even on hit, so that's friggin AWESOME! Be right back, going to dust of the 4 button on my controller.

Questions remaining:
-Is Sonic disruptor now a gear move or is it still there?
-Is techno tackle any different (is it still a high), and what about the MB version?

-Also possible bnb to test for future reference:

j2 12b2 EX PF f2 PF

@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard

Would be nice if you could cancel into his trait, could bring it out after a midscreen 113 or b123. I could also see some potential in armor-breaking and OKI.
It's a good time to be a borg :cool:
Yo I didn't even think about that! To go from having no trait to something like this is awesome. #TEAMBOOYAH

Reactions: Ram

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
is this what they didnt want shown on stream yet...
does this mean that Cyborg has more than one premium skin????

Status
Not open for further replies.