What's new

Cyborg Injustice 2 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
The change to the angle fireball could be gear related maybe.

Hopefully they let regular/mb power fist extend combos everywhere not just in the corner.

Make techno tackle an actual command grab or useable

Cyborg is gonna need a lotta help this time around.
Yes. He was so bad and patch after patch they never helped him it really struck me with sadness.

Espio

Kokomo
Since we're speculating, I'm thinking his instant air fireballs have been retooled to be more of a check for people trying to run in full screen with that diagonal arc as he'll be less of a traditional instant air fireball zoner and more based on putting up slow or static projectiles on screen to slow them down.

Command grab was a bad joke in Injustice 1, the idea I had was it possibly being overhead and having that coincide with some portion of Forward 2,2 being a low. They have to make it useful somehow. Grapple having a more sensible input.

I would be entirely shocked if Cyborg stayed relatively the same in terms of play style as I am very much of the opinion his design just did not work in the first game.

I'm curious to see if his lock on missiles will be back as well. We've seen Wonder Woman get a lot of new strings and updates to old ones so that gives me hope that he'll get similar attention.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I just want some sort of glimpse as to how they might have changed him. What's his trait gonna be like is the main thing for me.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Since we're speculating, I'm thinking his instant air fireballs have been retooled to be more of a check for people trying to run in full screen with that diagonal arc as he'll be less of a traditional instant air fireball zoner and more based on putting up slow or static projectiles on screen to slow them down.

Command grab was a bad joke in Injustice 1, the idea I had was it possibly being overhead and having that coincide with some portion of Forward 2,2 being a low. They have to make it useful somehow. Grapple having a more sensible input.

I would be entirely shocked if Cyborg stayed relatively the same in terms of play style as I am very much of the opinion his design just did not work in the first game.

I'm curious to see if his lock on missiles will be back as well. We've seen Wonder Woman get a lot of new strings and updates to old ones so that gives me hope that he'll get similar attention.
Agreed. People who think he will be the same as Inj1 are overreacting. There's a 0% chance he'll be the same.

I'm curious to see how they retooled his moves, or if they added/removed some. If I had to make a no knowledge guess off the tiny sample size and my assumptions, I am feeling he is gonna be a good setup based character this time around. I bet his midscreen will see a big improvement.

Gonna laugh if all the Cyborg haters jump on the wagon if he ends up top tier. (And quote their previous posts)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
My hopes for turning him into a full hit and run character:

-Trait is just grappling hook and you can do it in any direction and in the air, just press 4 and a direction (Rash from KI). Scrap healing or just make it a special.
-keep grappling hook J2 into raw B3
-No more horizontal air fireballs so MB fireball just shoots a second one in the same direction to keep delayed mb balls
-techno tackle a true mid command grab
-keep missles, sonic disruptor, and ground fireballs the same as I1 with all 3 being dash cancellable
- mb powerfist launches midscreen
- completely new set of strings and normals based on having great mids, one of which is meterless launcher in corner only, mb fist for combos midscreen
-same B3 and F3
-same dashes
-same booyah

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
In the Injustice 2 mobile I see Cyborg putting some sort of black hole/energy balls in the screen that stay.
It could be a new addition to his gameplay.

I'm actually REALLY curious to see how Cyborg work in I2 and I'm starving for info about him.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I make fun of Cyborg a lot, and was kinda annoyed he made it into the game, but that was because of how shit he was in Injustice 1, and how BB seems to have taken his niche of fireball character with wacky air mobility.

If he can get some WW treatment and get a partial overhaul, awesome.
Especially for his command grab, and his grapples.
Would be cool if they could include some Warlock Quan Chi shit.

If he just goes through some minor adjustments similar to Superman/Batman, then I would be super annoyed at his worthless ass wasting a spot.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'd be happy if his hookshot worked similarly to Spencer's in MvC. Something with that much mobility and utility in an NRS game would be amazing. Grapple to either side of the screen, the floor, the ceiling, or the opponent. Allow multiple grapples without having to touch the ground. Grapple, projectile, grapple. Allow a high difficulty ceiling so players with rubber fingers can pull off some amazing moves.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
In the Injustice 2 mobile I see Cyborg putting some sort of black hole/energy balls in the screen that stay.
It could be a new addition to his gameplay.

I'm actually REALLY curious to see how Cyborg work in I2 and I'm starving for info about him.
You have a link to this? I want to see that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.