What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I still need to practice these setups with Cyborg. I know this was posted 2 months ago, but I respect the Cyborgang community going strong. Also, there's still a decent player base playing both Injustice 1 & 2 and even small tournaments here and there. I might be teaching full time, but still want to support.
I still have to post the corner os I'm just so busy

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
I wanna give cyborg a try when I get home since he is a character I long ignored. What are his general strengths and weaknesses? Worst matchup I should try to practice on? I feel like I'm good enough at Inj2 at this point that I should start taking it a bit more seriously and try to improve/learn the deeper concepts beyond general game mechanics.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
What are his general strengths and weaknesses?
I tend to think of Cyborg as being one of the more fundamental zoners in the cast. His projectile is a mid, does solid chip, good damage for a projectile, and can cover a lot of angles, especially if you meter burn it. He's got some solid strings that can push the opponent nearly full screen. He also has some pretty solid block pressure, especially in the corner.

I'd say his weakness is his wakeup game isn't great, he doesn't really have much in the way of mixups, and combo damage isn't that high compared to some of the other big hitters on the roster. Pretty much the normal weakness you'd expect a zoner to have.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Basically straight shot and 23 will catch forward dash any time you make a read that some one will jump and shoot them out of the air always set up dd3 once you have a dd3 on the stage it’s time to guess whether they will forward dash jump or meterburn roll if they forward dash do a straight shot if they jump do a straight air shot if they meterburn roll do 23 also mb nanoblaster in the air can be used for plus frames once you land you can shoot another in most match ups if imo cyborg is all about reading how your opponent will approach and stopping that approach with reads
@OutWorldAleMerchant I think what Flocko said above is pretty much one of the simplest ways to describe Cyborg. Focus on how your opponent will approach and stop that approach with reads. You can go really far with just his fireball, 23 string, F22 string, dd3, and trait. It's all about playing that full screen footsies, frustrating the opponent, while balancing your movement to make sure you don't get caught in the corner.

CYBOOOORGANG!!! Currently back to teaching but with less content but I'm starting to get more free time. Here's a recent video I did haha, hope y'all are still techno tackling at life!