What's new

Cyborg buffs recommendation

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I think he either needs grappling hook leniency, grappling hook to function properly as a wakeup or wakeup powerfist to push him over the edge into A tier. Either These changes I've listed or easier ways to score combo damage would certainly boost his up gameplay up to speed. I think these would be good tools in MUs where he needs help or easier ways to score damage.

Thoughts cyborg players?
I would agree that if his grappling hook was a better input or/ worked when you time it against an attack or projectile that he gets his armor is very rare when it works, its only one hit so its not over powered.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I would agree that if his grappling hook was a better input or/ worked when you time it against an attack or projectile that he gets his armor is very rare when it works, its only one hit so its not over powered.
I think the solution to this problem is simple. Change the input.

Change it from down, up forward or up back to simply a down up motion. Down, up and either forward input to grapple up and above or back directional to grapple up and away.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Unblockable right after the block stun ends on missle or trait. Any blocked missle or trait would then be a 50-50 between button or grab with 1 option being a safe confirmable launcher

The B123 xx TA thing would be corner only
That's not a 50 50. Even if that's the case it all ready exist right now if you press buttons after a blocked TA into b12 which will only end with b123 sonic disrupter on block with -2 with push back and b12 doesn't tic. At that point 11 wouldn't reach being the tic throw option. From there any follow up after 11 can be back dashed 11(3) 11(2) and 11 command grab. But this isn't a 50 50 if they challenge you during advantage.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
That's not a 50 50. Even if that's the case it all ready exist right now if you press buttons after a blocked TA into b12 which will only end with b123 sonic disrupter on block with -2 with push back and b12 doesn't tic. At that point 11 wouldn't reach being the tic throw option. From there any follow up after 11 can be back dashed 11(3) 11(2) and 11 command grab. But this isn't a 50 50 if they challenge you during advantage.
How is it not a 50-50? It is jailing button, where the only solution is to bkock vs unblockable grab. You wpuld have to guess between block or not block everytime

just_2swift

Nothing can come out of b12 when he sets up TA b12 is the only string that can meaty on wake up into pressure and there is no tic in this situation.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Nothing can come out of b12 when he sets up TA b12 is the only string that can meaty on wake up into pressure and there is no tic in this situation.
This is still based off you scenario where he has nova cancels lol, b12 would go into full combo. And im not talking about an NRS tick where u cancel into it, im talking about just raw grab as a frame trap after a blocked missle.

It would be too much

just_2swift

This is still based off you scenario where he has nova cancels lol, b12 would go into full combo. And im not talking about an NRS tick where u cancel into it, im talking about just raw grab as a frame trap after a blocked missle.

It would be too much
You can't raw grab after TA. The block stun is too great to accomplish this. B12 goes into full combo already as the string is hit confirmable so this isn't new meta breaking stuff at all.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
You can't raw grab after TA. The block stun is too great to accomplish this. B12 goes into full combo already as the string is hit confirmable so this isn't new meta breaking stuff at all.
You time the grab to hit as block stun ends, so it wpuld frame trap adter the plus frames

This isnt a thing now because grab is not mid so you just duck to avoid any kix, if ducking is not an option against grab then it becomes a guess

just_2swift

You time the grab to hit as block stun ends, so it wpuld frame trap adter the plus frames

This isnt a thing now because grab is not mid so you just duck to avoid any kix, if ducking is not an option against grab then it becomes a guess
You can't time it because there is push back after TA is block and it will become obvious at this point if you wait for the block stun to end and anyone can react to a lunging grab from that distance.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
You can't time it because there is push back after TA is block and it will become obvious at this point if you wait for the block stun to end and anyone can react to a lunging grab from that distance.
Walk up button or walk up grab, you would be able to time it lol. Its whatever, this is hypothetical

just_2swift

Walk up button or walk up grab, you would be able to time it lol. Its whatever, this is hypothetical
What? Cyborg "walking" up on someone and hitting a button isn't going to happen especially with the normals he has. He has to do a lot of walking then because his limbs are poop. Nobody is going to stand there and let you walk up and command grab them lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What? Cyborg "walking" up on someone and hitting a button isn't going to happen especially with the normals he has. He has to do a lot of walking then because his limbs are poop. Nobody is going to stand there and let you walk up and command grab them lol
They will if they are in block stun from TA and unable to move

just_2swift

They will if they are in block stun from TA and unable to move
With the push back plus the frames to walk they will be able to move and react to the grab because of the distance between them. By that time the neutral will reset if you don't press your advantage instead of walking in trying to command grab they will have access to there neutral game.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
With the push back plus the frames to walk they will be able to move and react to the grab because of the distance between them. By that time the neutral will reset if you don't press your advantage instead of walking in trying to command grab they will have access to there neutral game.
This is not complicated dude. Cyborg is plus double digits after blocked TA. With those plus frames he wpuld make you guess between blocking the jailing button or not blocking to get out of grab.

Im running out of ways to word this lol

just_2swift

This is not complicated dude. Cyborg is plus double digits after blocked TA. With those plus frames he wpuld make you guess between blocking the jailing button or not blocking to get out of grab.

Im running out of ways to word this lol
There is no guessing if the grab doesn't hit because of block stun his true meaty string to take advantage off of the plus frames doesn't cause a 50 50 situation. B123 is hit confirmable as it is now. TA pressure isn't guaranteed it has to be set up off knockdown to enforce the pressure. There is delayed wake up, wake up back dash, waking up, to nullify this set up and even then there is push block. There is no guessing and you're not forced to block TA. If they press buttons after TA which everyone and their mother knows its plus.

just_2swift

@just_2swift
Why are you arguing that an unblockable, mid command grab wouldnt give Cyborg new mixups and setups? Lol, @Wetdoba plays Bane, he knows how command grabs work. Even if that one particular hypothetical set up didnt work theres obviously gonna be some dirt.
No I'm not arguing that I'm arguing his argument about TA into tackle and this unblockable he claims cyborg will attain which is false. There isn't much dirt or any to come from this change. If he had a traditional command grab that grants Oki and advantage to press then I'll say otherwise but he doesn't. It does little dmg and resets the neutral.

Last edited:
As a Cyber pleb, the only buffs I could ask for are:

-Grapple armor frame 1.

-Repair Circuit (gear ability, no fucks) cancel functionality restored to as it was in IGAU.

And just for kicks, allow all NBMB to be held (and dash-cancelled) as the meterless version. That'd be dope. But mostly the first two.

just_2swift

Yes one of the many things changed from igau. Even though it's gear now, repair circuit was gimped hard. Glad he has a real trait now. Although I use to blow ppl up with repair circuit into bounce cancel lol

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If they were to buff Cyborg, I'd rather it play into his existing gameplan than try and turn him into more of a mix character. I'd buff recovery on TA, make the armor on his grapples more reliable, and maybe play around with recovery/startup on trait. Basically let him be a bit better at his current gameplan.

Overall though, I think he's fine right now, and while any buffs would be welcome, buffs for cyborg seem more like a want than a need. He's middle, maybe slightly below middle of the pack. It's not great, but it could be worse.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Mid command grab sounds stupid. It has a ton of range on it and has wakeup invincibility frames. I don't want to have to jump around and do random armor in neutral to try to read a command grab from zoner Cyborg.