What's new

Cyborg buffs recommendation

Carl

Noob
Hi all just wanted to get this out there and complain about what i would like for cyborg lol.

- ji2 whiffing issues

This is very annoying when i do a air to air and keeps whiffing.

- techno tackle

This move is crap. Make it fully invincible or a mid as its useless.

- Target Aquired

Reduce recovery frames and thats it.

If nrs fix this character it would be great.

Peace

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
B123 changed into a hard knockdown: this will be great for him. gives him a special cancelable hard knockdown to smooth out the flow of the character he feels clunky compared to the rest of the cast.

Reduce the recovery frames on TA when they release from his back: he would benefit greatly from this. It's no longer overhead so this change shouldn't hurt anything.

Hit confirm cancels: if 11 delayed nova blast and b12 delayed nova blast can hit after a whole second he should be able to cancel and follow up. Limit to one cancel confirm per combo. Also gives cyborg a reason to use cancels more so than just for negative cancels on block.

Techno tackle: if this is changed to a mid not only will it help up close or inside that footsie range but as a wake up as well. They will have to respect it even with the lack of invincible frames. The whiff recovery is bad so this isn't a bad change at all.

just_2swift

Use
Hi all just wanted to get this out there and complain about what i would like for cyborg lol.

- ji2 whiffing issues

This is very annoying when i do a air to air and keeps whiffing.

- techno tackle

This move is crap. Make it fully invincible or a mid as its useless.

- Target Aquired

Reduce recovery frames and thats it.

If nrs fix this character it would be great.

Peace
J1 for air for airs

Carl

Noob
B123 changed into a hard knockdown: this will be great for him. gives him a special cancelable hard knockdown to smooth out the flow of the character he feels clunky compared to the rest of the cast.

Reduce the recovery frames on TA when they release from his back: he would benefit greatly from this. It's no longer overhead so this change shouldn't hurt anything.

Hit confirm cancels: if 11 delayed nova blast and b12 delayed nova blast can hit after a whole second he should be able to cancel and follow up. Limit to one cancel confirm per combo. Also gives cyborg a reason to use cancels more so than just for negative cancels on block.

Techno tackle: if this is changed to a mid not only will it help up close or inside that footsie range but as a wake up as well. They will have to respect it even with the lack of invincible frames. The whiff recovery is bad so this isn't a bad change at all.

Yes i agree with this especially ji1 a to a.
Also b123 only coming out on block sux i hate it so much.
If he gets these small buffs id be over the moon but i cant understand how they said hes fine when you have deadshot smh.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Give cyborg a mid command grab?! Holy hell you guys have to be kidding me..

The only thing I think that really holds cyborg back is that he has no easy combo damage, I think it would help if they gave him an additional wakeup with powerfist. Cyborg deserves to have a tricky wakeup game, it fits the character.

See the problem is the people playing cyborg think he needs a mid command grab because they don't understand cyborgs design. If you think cyborg needs a mid command grab wakeup, you need to pick a new character. Please show humility tym, I know it's hard..

Skedar70

Noob
Isn't he like a zoner. Shouldn't he have shitty wake ups so that when I finally get in I can get something going. I mean he has some nasty zoning and then he can use that armored claw move to get back to his zoning range if I ever get in on him.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Can't cyborg wake up with his grapple since it has armor? I never see anyone do it, but isn't that another wakeup option aside from techno tackle?

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
Give cyborg a mid command grab?! Holy hell you guys have to be kidding me..

The only thing I think that really holds cyborg back is that he has no easy combo damage, I think it would help if they gave him an additional wakeup with powerfist. Cyborg deserves to have a tricky wakeup game, it fits the character.

See the problem is the people playing cyborg think he needs a mid command grab because they don't understand cyborgs design. If you think cyborg needs a mid command grab wakeup, you need to pick a new character. Please show humility tym, I know it's hard..
I think it needs to be a mid. Like a blockable attack. Not a mid command grab.

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
Can't cyborg wake up with his grapple since it has armor? I never see anyone do it, but isn't that another wakeup option aside from techno tackle?
Lol, thats a fucked up input. Plus it does no damage. Dont know if its possible tho...

Would be better if his fist would be the wake up.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Yea it doesn't do damage, but it gets cyborg out of the pressure situation and creates space for him, which is useful because cyborg is a zoner. I think power fist having invincibility would be a bit much because he already has options, and since PF can lead into a combo, and hits mid. His techno tackle being a mid instead of a throw is a good idea too imo

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Isn't he like a zoner. Shouldn't he have shitty wake ups so that when I finally get in I can get something going. I mean he has some nasty zoning and then he can use that armored claw move to get back to his zoning range if I ever get in on him.
If the grapple was as good as its intended to be, I would be inclined to agree with you that he doesn't need a good wakeup. Since the grapple isn't reliable, borg should have a better wakeup because zoning is a defensive-based playstyle, believe it or not. I realize he's more primarily zoning and space control oriented than defense, but a good, damaging wakeup would help because he struggles to get easy damage in a match.

I think it needs to be a mid. Like a blockable attack. Not a mid command grab.
Okay I misunderstood what you were saying, plus there's a lot of cyborgs saying he should have a mid command grab wakeup. I overreacted a bit, but I do think cyborg needs some help right now cause he ain't exactly cutting the mustard..

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
All I want is a bit more range on some of his normals by making his arms bigger, cos he never seems to fucking do that for some reason.
B1
B12
23 (second hit)
D2

A hard knock down would be nice. Either off b123, 113 or 112 would be my suggestion.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
All I want is a bit more range on some of his normals by making his arms bigger, cos he never seems to fucking do that for some reason.
B1
B12
23 (second hit)
D2

A hard knock down would be nice. Either off b123, 113 or 112 would be my suggestion.
112 is a hard knockdown..

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Its a splat but they can tech roll.
Wow I thought this was a hkd since igau :0

So he has no hard knockdowns and no easy combo damage? I mean he didn't have any damage in igau outside of his huge corner combos, but that was enough to make up for his lack of damage everywhere else and now he doesn't even have that.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Wow I thought this was a hkd since igau :0

So he has no hard knockdowns and no easy combo damage? I mean he didn't have any damage in igau outside of his huge corner combos, but that was enough to make up for his lack of damage everywhere else and now he doesn't even have that.
F22 is a hkd and so is techno tackle

just_2swift

112 is a hard knockdown..
Was a hard knockdown the removed alot of his stuff from igau and this was one of them. If you played him in the last game up until now you will understand my post. I understand him fully. Having a mid command grab with the shitty whiff recovery it has won't break the character.

just_2swift

You could never use it as a wake up plus the armor is random. Some times it doesn't even proc. One of his issues since igau thought it would be fixed by now.