What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero Cyber Sub Zero petition!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Reptile's EX slide is good. But both Subs have way better normal slides by far.

CSZ's backdash isn't that bad. Sub's is crack, honestly.

CSZ's divekick has the worst hit properties of all the divekicks, but because there are two versions (that don't really have much whiff recovery), he has way more utility with it as a mobility option since he can aim where he's landing with much more precision. It doesn't have a reason to be as punishable as it is, but it has its uses.

I don't think CSZ is great, but the useless talk I think is still super knee jerk. There's still some stuff there, and I find him pretty interesting as a character because of how changed he is and how much there is to figure out now.
Good crack or bad crack? cuz human SZ's bdash is great.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Subs normal slide is the best meterless mobility tool in the game, but for a bar there is no better mobility than Reptiles ex slide
It's solid mobility for escaping the corner when the opponent jumps, but as general mobility, it's not really as nice.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
It's solid mobility for escaping the corner when the opponent jumps, but as general mobility, it's not really as nice.
6f start-up full screen move with armor and low profiling but still a decent verticle hitbox... yeah it really is as nice as it gets lol not sure how you could possibly get any better than this

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
6f start-up full screen move with armor and low profiling but still a decent verticle hitbox... yeah it really is as nice as it gets lol not sure how you could possibly get any better than this
The problem is that it requires a rewarded resource. It's a good mobility tool, just the meter requirement sort of dampens the use of it, especially when dash exists.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
What is with this GAV guy and his cringey memes?

@I GOT HANDS
GAV's alright usually, but he posts a LOT of memes, sometimes they are on point , but other times he has no idea what he's speaking about it and you never look good when you attempt to be witty / clever but know less about what your speaking on than the people you are tryna mock...

Gilbagz

Joker here~
you came from Ermac, SaltShaker came from Kano, I came from Hat Trick/pre-XL hellfire, most CSZ players seem to be the opposite of tier whores as far as I can tell, but never mind all that, listen to these EX Quan Chi players like GAV and Cabjoy (yes they only dropped him after the nerfs) as they say "tier whores" "classic TYM in here", or Tremor mains like Krabman "you are all tier whores!", or Shinnok/HQT main infradead "CSZ is fine, CSZ players just have no fundamentals"

this site is just laugh out loud terrible sometimes
Cabjoy actually dropped quan long before the nerfs
he just got bored of the playstyle

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Cabjoy actually dropped quan long before the nerfs
he just got bored of the playstyle
Can confirm, I dropped Quan straight after OHN when he was at his absolute prime. Even then he was mainly a 'tournament' character for me. Now I'm back to playing characters that are more oppressive in the neutral, which is what I enjoy.

I am not CSZ player, but Sektor one and I transitioned from Sub-zero to Triborg only to get from a nerfed to the ground character to another one that got hit pretty big, despite Sektor being OK for the moment. CSZ Did not deserve these changes as this is not what was broken or this was not his strength to be begin with, and these changes did not fixed the main problem with the variation, but rather just destroyed it which is not fair.

I believe that there is plenty of other things that could've been adjusted to normalize CSZ instead of totally toring it apart.

You have my vote man. I hope this succeeds in anyway.
Thank you, dude. Very much

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Unfortunately this isn't going to do anything lol.

Still though, every time I try and lab stuff with him, I can't get over how bizarre the nerfs are. With setup characters, it's completely fine to give the character less damage in return for good setup options. But they already nerfed his setup ability off combos, he can't use bombs after a freeze, he has to spend resources off more things now, and they decided to nerf his low damage even more. By adding scaling to moves that don't even connect. I still haven't heard an actual justification for that. I know it's only 2-3% off most things, but it makes no sense and adds up especially considering the damage was already pretty low.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Unfortunately this isn't going to do anything lol.

Still though, every time I try and lab stuff with him, I can't get over how bizarre the nerfs are. With setup characters, it's completely fine to give the character less damage in return for good setup options. But they already nerfed his setup ability off combos, he can't use bombs after a freeze, he has to spend resources off more things now, and they decided to nerf his low damage even more. By adding scaling to moves that don't even connect. I still haven't heard an actual justification for that. I know it's only 2-3% off most things, but it makes no sense and adds up especially considering the damage was already pretty low.
This is the thing that got me, how ridiculous and out of the blue some of the nerfs actually were. Everyone knows he's not in the best place but despite this I'm still not sold on that bottom 1 stuff yet.

His corner setups have been removed. Okay, fair enough, they were broke as fuck and his midscreen game was brilliant anyway, so he didn't need a good corner game too.

His DK is now punishable. Not the end of the world, he probably needed it.

Then they went and chopped his little icy balls off didn't they. Not only did they kill his corner game, they killed his midscreen game. Seeing as they've made such drastic changes to the character you'd have thought they would have at least helped with his biggest weakness, lack of mids. But they in fact made it even worse as F4xxIceBall now seems very inconsistent, so unless I'm missing something he can't even consistently break 20% midscreen off his only mid that is always unsafe.

At the moment this character is weak from anywhere on screen. Sure his mobility is still pretty good, but what's good about dancing all over the place if the risk/reward is never in your favor. Cause that's this characters biggest issue right now imo.

Noob
@The_Tile you know what this feels like? it feels like they took everything bad about Sub Zero and gave it to CZ0 and then some more...

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Not signing it cause although I believe he is pretty bad now, I have no sympathy for characters in need of buffs. Not after how they dealt with Kenshi in this game.

Noob
Not signing it cause although I believe he is pretty bad now, I have no sympathy for characters in need of buffs. Not after how they dealt with Kenshi in this game.
Thats the most retard way of thinking, and thats why this community is for the most part garbage... childish mentality of well my character isnt "good" so i dont want other characters to be good either... smh, do your thing dude, no one is forcing you to help/ contribute anything, no need either to post that you dont want to contribute

EDIT: lolol at the censored words in this thread