What's new

Customize folks with gear and lootcrates? NRS has a base tourney mode for us confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Why don't we wait for the actual game to drop out? I'd worry more about the balance of the default versions of the characters, since, most likely, they're gonna be tournament standard if the customization isn't tournament compatible.
No need to wait until 2017, just wait until E3 to get most of the info we need.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Speaking of gears, I could imagine an arcade mode ala Megaman were you get the gear from the defeated enemy and keep it to increase your arsenal.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I would love it if they just made a tournament mode and had all costumes, colors, gear, and stages unlocked.

In skullgirls on ps4 it also skips making you sign in to ps4 and every time a controller is unplugged it returns to button configuration before returning to character select.

trufenix

bye felicia
For scraps yes, but we will have the core we need to settle the main issues.
You were here for Injustice and MKX, you know that isn't true. Interactibles were maybe banned in both games, the great variations aren't characters debate, how will I play with my friends if we're different factions, all because NRS seems to just like watching us monkeys dance.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
You were here for Injustice and MKX, you know that isn't true. Interactibles were maybe banned in both games, the great variations aren't characters debate, how will I play with my friends if we're different factions, all because NRS seems to just like watching us monkeys dance.
I mean the main issues here so far are the Gears feature in tournament play and if there will be microtransactions. I'm very confident we will have both of them answered during E3.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/injustice-2-dc-comics-coo-ed-boon-reveal-game-secrets-20160608?page=2

Most important:
Every character in Injustice 2 will have "a vast, vast array of what we're calling gear" – costume pieces and equipment that are used to upgrade your abilities – according to Boon. The superhero you start controlling at the beginning of the game won't have the same skills as the one you end with. Players will determine whether they want more speed, more health, more strength, and the like. "There are thousands and thousands of pieces for, let's say, the Flash," he says. "You are in the constant process of making your version of the Flash."
This is most likely all it will be.

Each character will have base moves and specials that ARE NOT affected by gear. The gear will only change peripheral characteristics of the cast. Health, Damage, and speed are obvious choices. I'm sure there will be others...

What I think sucks is that if there is a tournament mode that keeps your character vanilla, you might not be able to play casuals online with others who want to use "tournament mode". I dont know about you guys, but I cant always get fights with people from TYM. Soemtimes you're just forced to play people in lobbies, pvp, and ranked.

I hate this speculation crap.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/injustice-2-dc-comics-coo-ed-boon-reveal-game-secrets-20160608?page=2

Most important:
Every character in Injustice 2 will have "a vast, vast array of what we're calling gear" – costume pieces and equipment that are used to upgrade your abilities – according to Boon. The superhero you start controlling at the beginning of the game won't have the same skills as the one you end with. Players will determine whether they want more speed, more health, more strength, and the like. "There are thousands and thousands of pieces for, let's say, the Flash," he says. "You are in the constant process of making your version of the Flash."
Oh man...that Rolling Stone Article has a quote that what they are setting out to achieve is something LONG TERM. If this turns into one game with continuing content that just grows like League of Legends or something I would be thrilled. Fighting games fade too quickly out there. I'd love for one to have the sticking power of other genres.

portent

Noob
The problem isn't just the fact that there could be broken gear combinations. Rather, it's a bigger issue, one that SFxTekken also had that Keits talks about in this article (when he was still my boss at SRK, before he moved to IG).
I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately recognized that this is just a re-hash of SFxT's gem system.

Reactions: d3v

portent

Noob
No, you are not the only pessimist.
Calling it now, these pieces of gear will exist and work with this synergy:
Something that does DoT
Something that grants health regeneration
Something that converts health regen into fast meter gain for 3-5 seconds while DoT and health regen are active

Think of how broken that would be. Essentially 3-5 seconds of infinite meter leaving you with full meter if timed correctly.

I'm saying it now, this is a bad idea.

TO's take note and ban the gear sets immediately or, alternatively, start tournaments on a wednesday in order to finish by Sunday evening. Also, bring lots and lots of aspririn for the incoming headaches.

trufenix

bye felicia
Something that does DoT
Something that converts health regen into fast meter gain for 3-5 seconds while DoT and health regen are active

Think of how broken that would be. Essentially 3-5 seconds of infinite meter leaving you with full meter if timed correctly.
Things are allowed to exist in video games that are not aimed at being competitively balanced. It is not a bad thing to be creative and take risks.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Like I said, lets wait until it is properly explained and shown before we grab the torches and pitchforks. NRS was/is heavily involved in the competitive scene with MKX, they care about it, and I am sure these things were talked about when designing this game. Lets have a little faith in them.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think it could be an interesting idea, and even worked into the competative scene if done right. Have some pre-set gear available for characters, and give each character a number of slots (chest, gauntlets, face, legs) and then let players choose from different items to help mold how the character plays. Maybe the gear affects how the character moves, or their initial starting health, or what kind of normals/specials they have. It could be a fun way to take a character and customize him or her to how you want to play, whether as a more grappler version of the character, zoning, rush down, hybrid, whatever.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Something that does DoT

I'm saying it now, this is a bad idea.

TO's take note and ban the gear sets immediately or, alternatively, start tournaments on a wednesday in order to finish by Sunday evening. Also, bring lots and lots of aspririn for the incoming headaches.
I can imagine it being something ala kustom kombat, just without items falling from the sky. Maybe they separate it from the classic vs mode as in MKX.

Status
Not open for further replies.