What's new

Curse you, dashing punches!!!!

soo since I have no XBL until I get someone to install internet here ( and who knows it could be slow as fuck) I've been practicing with reptile, by the time I get back on XBL I will have this damn male ninja/stryker inf down. I've been practicing it all day every day. I can only get 4-5 dashes vs male ninjas and 4 to stryker without fucking it up

and km, i'm using the stick finally. that fucking d pad limits you so hard man. The walk in aahp is impossible to cancel with a dash with the dpad. impossible. i can do it one, and that's it.

So anyone have any advice on how to hit this right? My stick is coming this saturday, so by then I feel like i've be able to do it. Just that damn stick doing the dashes is hard sometimes, and i'll stand there like an idiot, Orrrr the aalp comes out but the fucking aahp doesn't. that one pisses me off.

My problem is tho whenever I get like to the fourth dash the walk in aahp seems really hard to hit so I miss it and dash like an idiot.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

oh yeah and km kung lao is waaay better with the stick, but for some reason I am better at spinning with the dpad...weird...

Dashes are really easy. As long as you cancel correctly you can get it every time. And practicing offline won't help much once you get on XBL because you will NEVER have a match like you have on offline. It's better to learn to cope with lag. That's how I learned, and I pretty much have it down to an art.

FILER

Noob
Dashes are really easy. As long as you cancel correctly you can get it every time. And practicing offline won't help much once you get on XBL because you will NEVER have a match like you have on offline. It's better to learn to cope with lag. That's how I learned, and I pretty much have it down to an art.
How many does "down to an art" entail?

Its not glitch canceling its just doing the back forward lk motion during the aahp.

Rockzilla, i wanna practice w/ you on xbl when i get internet.

I am pretty good at doing it with the lag, I know what you mean how it's pointless, but i'm trying to master it while I have time.

w/o walking in I can do 4-5 dashes easily.
W/ walking in I vary from 3-5. that shits crazy doing the walk in aalp,aahp.
It's hard though!!

I can get the setup right, but i'm not great at moving with the stick. And I get caught up in the dpad when i walk in and then immediately cancel with the dash. ya know??

I just did got it to 80%+ Killed the practice char so I didn't get the %.

I also did 72% w/o an uppercut, that's as close as i've gotten to inf, but I think the only way to perfect this stupid motion is with an arcade stick, using the thumbstick just is too unpredictable sometimes, and instead of a walk-in aahp dash , I do a walk in aahp and just stand there like an asshole cause I fuck up the dash motion, which is lame.

I need my arcade stick.

Edit: Filer, I'm assuming down to an art means he can inf vs male ninjas stryker jax usub and sindel w/o fail every single time.
if im wrong, then I have it down to an art as well ;)

kartar

Noob
I also did 72% w/o an uppercut, that's as close as i've gotten to inf, but I think the only way to perfect this stupid motion is with an arcade stick, using the thumbstick just is too unpredictable sometimes, and instead of a walk-in aahp dash , I do a walk in aahp and just stand there like an asshole cause I fuck up the dash motion, which is lame.

I need my arcade stick.
I'm surprised anyone can do it with the thumbstick on the 360 controller. I used it for Killer Instinct, but with UMK3 it seems very awkward and hard to do most moves.

I would consider someone to have the dash combo down not necessarily if they can inf everytime, but if they get over 50% consistently and if they can spot when they are no longer going to be able to continue the combo and can end it with an uppercut for maximum damage.

FILER

Noob
Edit: Filer, I'm assuming down to an art means he can inf vs male ninjas stryker jax usub and sindel w/o fail every single time.
if im wrong, then I have it down to an art as well ;)
I've played alot of people on XBL. I have seen one complete infinite with Reptile in over 30,000 games played. JJ on CD (Reptile vs. Jax)

I've played Rockzilla, he was not anywhere close to being able to do this.

JJ is pretty consistent.

Ninja Ryo is very consistent.

I've played you onwhite1gold, you got HPHP, HPHP, and LPLP and missed the uppercut. We played maybe two or three games, you picked Reptile everytime and did not get a higher combo than this off. (Granted you only have maybe 1 or 2 opportunities being that the matches where not too close)

My point is that I've never seen someone online that can consistently infinite their opponite with Reptile, Ninja Ryo consistently got HPHP, HPHP, LPLP, LPLP, uppercut on me, but no one else has gotten even close to this consistenly.

You didn't play enough with JJ then. That kid, when he gets hot, is an absolute beast at the rep juggle. I've seen him consistently do 5 juggles, sometimes six or seven.

I've played alot of people on XBL. I have seen one complete infinite with Reptile in over 30,000 games played. JJ on CD (Reptile vs. Jax)

I've played Rockzilla, he was not anywhere close to being able to do this.

JJ is pretty consistent.

Ninja Ryo is very consistent.

I've played you onwhite1gold, you got HPHP, HPHP, and LPLP and missed the uppercut. We played maybe two or three games, you picked Reptile everytime and did not get a higher combo than this off. (Granted you only have maybe 1 or 2 opportunities being that the matches where not too close)

My point is that I've never seen someone online that can consistently infinite their opponite with Reptile, Ninja Ryo consistently got HPHP, HPHP, LPLP, LPLP, uppercut on me, but no one else has gotten even close to this consistenly.
Okay, you played me on a bad day haha.

I used to play ninja a lot and granted he can do it more consistently than me. On XBL 90% of the time I'll hit 3 dashes like nothing.
Jax is easy to infinite, i've done it before, I've also hit sindel w/ one and usub. (on XBL)

FILER when I get an internet connection we'll play again, I usually pick reptile 80% of the time, gotta polish up your mains =/.

Anyway, I agree I was just being a dick with the whole can inf every time. I can take male ninjas with 4 dash punches easily.

Yeah I was prob having a bad day w/ you filer, that's kinda embarassing, that shit happens every now and then and i pray im not playing someone from the site. And another reason why I picked reptile against you everytime. If I don't hit the combo fluidly, i'll keep pickng him until I do. which can be a joke sometimes. fucking hphp, do a dash but the dpad makes you stand there. I've been trying out the thumbstick, maybe that'll make me more solid.

Anyway, I want a rematch haha

Edit: I never played with JJ, and Ninja Ryo could hit about 5-6 dashes on me one night. Did like 72% w/o the walk in punch, i'm pretty sure thats 6 dashes. Yeah, just watch out mistaKM when I get XBL back infintes will be everywhere haha

FILER

Noob
You didn't play enough with JJ then. That kid, when he gets hot, is an absolute beast at the rep juggle. I've seen him consistently do 5 juggles, sometimes six or seven.

I use to play JJ every day. You can ask him, he said that he and I have the best connection to one another of anyone out there. I've never seen JJ get 7 with an uppercut except on Jax. Don't get me wrong, JJ is in my opinion the best Reptile player on xbox live, but I don't think he is able to get 5, 6, and 7 consistently. (note that consistently in my mind is 90-100% of the time.) If you can't get a combo off 90% of the time, why do it? Some would even say 99% of the time. Especially since missing the uppercut on a Reptile combo leaves you in danger of taking damage.

Also, Onewhite1gold...

I wasn't insulting you by saying that you picked Reptile everytime, I really could care less who you pick, I was just creating the picture that even though we only played a few times, you did use him enough for me to get a rough idea of your ability and style. Picking Kabal everytime is fine, but kind of annoying, picking any other character over and over is fine with me.

I'm in no waying saying you aren't good, you are, I guess my point in this whole conversation is that Reptile on XBL is not that high level of a character. Reptile is my favorite character to use, but using Ermac, Human Smoke, Kabal, Nightwolf, Kung Lao, and Robot Smoke is in my opinion 10x easier than Reptile. I don't know if he is top 7 on XBL.

It seems to hard to use Reptile consistenly online. This is just my impressions of using Reptile and playing against Reptile online. I struggle against Ninja Ryo's Reptile alot...but to be honest, I was never really scare d to play against anyone elses Reptile online, unlike the other characters I have listed above. Just my own impressions.

I agree, he might be knocked down a notch or two due to XBL lag. I'm not used to using him online right now, but if I was i'd have a pretty good chance of winning a match with him, because most people can't handle a good reptile.

He's my favorite to use as well haha, so it's hard for me to get off of him sometimes, I need to perfect him.

He is a hard character, but all that more rewarding.
It's so easy to do a kung lao inf, try a 100% with reptile. that takes some moves right there.

I belive all of this will be resolved Saturday. Reptile will be right where he is in the teir list for me, I'll have my arcade stick. That will open new doors for infs with reptile, maybe still not in XBL lag, but hopefully, at least a 15% improvement for me.

You must not have been counting, FILER. JJ certainly has inf'd me a few times and I've seen him do those juggles. I did say "when he gets hot" and he absolutely did them consistently in quite a few sessions. Either way it doesn't really matter, he doesn't even play anymore.

onewhite I await your return :)

FILER

Noob
You must not have been counting, FILER. JJ certainly has inf'd me a few times and I've seen him do those juggles. I did say "when he gets hot" and he absolutely did them consistently in quite a few sessions. Either way it doesn't really matter, he doesn't even play anymore.

onewhite I await your return :)
I definately trust you and Dubson...there would be no reason to say it if it wasn't true. I used Robot Smoke alot then...obviously it is difficult to juggle a robot, I'm sure this factored in. Sucks he doesn't play anymore. Cool guy, good player, fun games.

mdsfx

Noob
I've just started getting into playing with reptile, but these dash juggles you guys are doing are insane. I'm lucky to get 4 HPs in before they hit the ground

I definately trust you and Dubson...there would be no reason to say it if it wasn't true. I used Robot Smoke alot then...obviously it is difficult to juggle a robot, I'm sure this factored in. Sucks he doesn't play anymore. Cool guy, good player, fun games.
He was cool, he taught me how to do kabal's fireballs in the corner back in '06. GodDAMN we been playing this game for awhile (on xbl).

I've just started getting into playing with reptile, but these dash juggles you guys are doing are insane. I'm lucky to get 4 HPs in before they hit the ground

It's a hard combo, I won't lie to you, you'll miss it if you don't get the timing right. The trick is, to do the popup, forceball, then the aahp, aahp and while hes throwing the second punch, do the dash motion as fast as possible to cancel the punch. when he gets to the other side make SURE to wait until he turns around before pressing that damn hp. A good way to practice this is popup, forceball, aahp, aahp, dash cancel, aalp, aalp, dash cancel, uppercut.

That will open up new doors for you when you perfect his timing. You just have to wait, but not too long. Good luck, i'm sure you'll get it.

mdsfx

Noob
oh man, so you actually cancel the second HP? I've been trying to land both each time. are you saying the second HP should NOT make contact?

Because I've gotten pop-up, forceball, HP,HP, dash, HP, HP, dash, uppercut

i'm getting the feeling that i don't actually know what a dash cancel is, even though i thought i did

It's a confusing concept at first, the second HP DOES connect, just while reptile is throwing it out, you do the back, forward lowkick motion as fast as possible. That's a "dash cancel" I guess you can say, it's just an easy way to explain it. What it means is doing the motion for the dash during the punch motion, so you can dash as fast as possible to the other side.

It's easy to mess it up, because after you dash theres a really small window of time where the second set of punches can be thrown. so try to learn to time it out.

I hope this explains it better, good luck

Edit: If you can do two sets of aahps, try to get a third set of aalp, aalp on them, and go for the uppercut. That will do about 50%. making reptile a pretty useful character.

mdsfx

Noob
ok that's what i thought. You're essentially trying to cut the second HP animation as short as possible. It's still crazy to pull off though.

Best of luck to anyone who's trying to get it down. I'll be willing to help whenever i decide to renew my xbl subscription (shortly, hopefully)

Yo Ninja, i'm trying to get the walk in punch infinite down. I'll get internet connection in the next week or two at this new house and hopefully we'll be able to play against each other with the new connection haha.

I heard you can do the walk in aahp infinite, I can only get it 4-6 times tops. So help me out!!

let me know when you renew it, we'll definately get some matches in.