What's new

Curse you, dashing punches!!!!

Jesus christ no matter how long i sit here in arcade mode and practice reptiles dashing punches, this shit will never go farther than 6 for me.
if im lucky i get it to six
very very very lucky
i get it to 5 every so often
4/3 is xbl style. so that shits easy
but damit

The more i sit there and practice it, the less dashes i get. My timing is bomb every now and then but dammit I'll never have these as solid as you ninja ryo =[

now im going to smoke a big bowl of kush and hash. Let's see if I can do it then...

yeah im talking male ninjas, i dont know man my timing comes, and my timing goes.
i can inf unmasked sub jax and sindel a lot of the time. except i have a problem setting up unmasked sub sometimes.

Male ninjas is what im doing right now though
im sitting here in 4 people arcade mode pretty faded at this point, not freaking able to do the combo right!!!
i've been playing DS too much or something....
i had it down a week ago.
i should stop picking up that thing, it really throws my timing of when i turn on my xbox.

LK-7T2

Noob
I had trouble with this too, I can do it most of the time now until i get to about 60-70% then i screw up. After the popup do HPHP, walk forward HP like usual, and make sure you hit the HPs as early as you can so he stays higher in the air, then do LPHP, walk forward HP. Make sure you wait until he stops dashing and turns around to start punching, dont mash the buttons. You can do this exactly the same against stryker. the only difference is that you have to let stryker fall a little bit lower for both of the HPs to hit. I'm sure you will eventually get it.

yeah im in like my week 20 of straight playing repitle haha

against stryker i can set it up nicely but i mess it up somehow on the third dash. i always miss the LPHP, i do the lp but the hp never throws, i hate that.
i always get it nice, but the HP's sometimes don't throw!! thats what realy ruins me.
i just need to get the perfect button pushing down, and i need to warm up before i can do it every time.

Do one or two HPHP,HP and then switch to LPLP,HP. It's alot easier, and it's not that much of a damage loss. If you can't do all HPs why risk it when you can do the same thing two extra times.

LK-7T2

Noob
I was just practicing this on stryker. This is what i did, popup, forceball, hphp, hp, lphp, hp, lplp, hp, hphp, hp, lphp, hp, lplp,hp...i did this for a while, it just looks funny lol and its fun do to.

yeah so i dunno. i get in funks with it. then i have the timing right.
i've gotten good at juggling them four times on xbl with lag.
and sindel is easy for me to infinite. whos your easiest/hardest to juggle.
- shang cause hes fuckin impossible.

i guess i gotta keep on practicing. thats all you can do if anyone on xbl has a solid ass reptile i'd be down for a couple rounds

Well I'm down to playing 1-2 days per week (maybe), so I end up spending Friday night relearning character combos/getting timing down, and Saturday (if I'm lucky) actually playing with some dignity, so in a weird, totally indirect way, I'm in the same boa as you onewhitegold. Keeping going casually through arcade mode and play online like you normally do and try to not think about it so much, suddenly you'll find yourself improving at what your working on.

yeah reptiles such a bitch. I play awesome with him sometimes, and feel like im smoothe, but most of the time, it's me playing slow, and one step behind!

I don't know man, I just gotta get in the right funk, I was doing 5-6 dashes on Pajaro the other day in a pretty laggy game, I did one 5 dash and one 6
that shit was crazy. Never had gotten it that far, especially on XBL

That was yesterday, today??? fuck that I can barely hit three dashes.
I hate this combo

more than life.

FILER

Noob
I can't even use him anymore. I used to be able to get 3 consistent dashes on almost every character, now I can barely do one. I love using Reptile but for me, with lag I struggled doing more than 3 and had to use nothing but Reptile to keep that up.

maybe the kush is slowing your timing?
ohhh yeah it is.... i agree. im thinking about dropping reptile for a while, the only way youll consistently get 4 5 dashes is with perfect timing i only get three and i play him daily. i ca get 4 or 5 sometimes, but its not worth risking it. i play him daily. hes my main totally, but in a reak match i tend to miss the setup when it matters. hes a hard guy to get down. im working on kung. then

reptile, i gotta drop ya buddy

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
3 volleys and an uppercut is till 50%. If you can do that consistently in a match then why not use him?
consistently isnt always tho...im one of those guys that when they fuck up a juggle cuz of any slight delay or lag, the knuckles start turning white and i grit my teeth. i dont play very well angry :)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It usually takes me a few matches with Reptile to get down the dashing punches timing depending what I'm playing on. I play on MAME, the Arcade and XBLA all rather frequently and the timing is slightly different on all of them depending on what controller type I'm using or if it's online or not.

Pop up, Force ball, aahp, hp, dash uppercut = 40% correct?

Thats good enough IMO because its rather simple to get in this situation, and to pull off the combo.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
you always want to score 50% with Reptile on a combo if your intent is damage, so minimum combo for him that every Reptile player should be able to do is:

3 hit pop up, FB, aaHPHP, aaLPHP, aaLPLP, uppercut. That's exactly 50%. All HPs is 52%.

Tim Static

Adminerator
you always want to score 50% with Reptile on a combo if your intent is damage, so minimum combo for him that every Reptile player should be able to do is:

3 hit pop up, FB, aaHPHP, aaLPHP, aaLPLP, uppercut. That's exactly 50%. All HPs is 52%.
Whats harder to pull off, the LPs or HPs in the Rep volley?

It usually takes me a few matches with Reptile to get down the dashing punches timing depending what I'm playing on. I play on MAME, the Arcade and XBLA all rather frequently and the timing is slightly different on all of them depending on what controller type I'm using or if it's online or not.
yeah agreed. i play reptile on DS and XBL switching off. playing on ds is a joke tho so i try not to use him. that will ruin your timing. its so much faster gameplay and online theres a fat delay so on DS i can get 2 dashes which works.
on xbl tho forget about doing 2 dashes, its all about 4 or else i look like a newb and its all about style baby. kill their fighting drive by doing consistent 3 to 4 dashes whenever you can. they'll end up puttng their contrller down. break their will.

edit: apparently this ^ pissed off that guy bitching about infinites

update? i still love breaking peoples wills.

I'm waiting for my stick to get here before i try to learn anything new, but i dropped reptile along time ago.:?)
me too man. me too. i think i'll stop missing kungs spin on his inf when my stick comes.
i havnt dropped reptile yet but im thinking about it lately due to my many aahp accidental dash cancel on the 360

or when I try to fucking dash and i accidently hit the dpad wrong and stand there like an idiot, that controller continues to throw me off.

i think that my timing will be a lot better with a stick .

Whats harder to pull off, the LPs or HPs in the Rep volley?
Okay lately, I do hp, hp dash, hp, hp, dash lp, lp, dash, lp, lp dash, uppercut.
It's boring but it gets the job done, 3x is enough too.

It all depends on where you catch them, which punch you should use.
If you let them fall too much, you can always catch them with a lp. no matter how low they go sometimes.

Edit: Sorry for triple posting, I was using my cell to post and I kind of faded in an out. I edited everything from sounding too much like an idiot, if you'd like I guess merge the posts? sorry.