What's new

Current rankings for SCALPS

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I like to refer to my tournament victories as scalps. If you beat someone in tournament you have collected their scalp. Each player scalp has a value to it. The more scalps the collect the more valuable your scalp becomes. Ranking scalps is tricky business, it's not an exact science. That is why it's my duty as a premier matchup and legacy cop to judge the value of scalps and present this information to the citizens of TYM. In this thread I will offer the current scalp rating of any well known player. Note that this information is only accurate at this point in time. Scalp ratings go up and down every tournament.

Here are the guidelines: Scalps are rated on a 1 to 10 scale. To be a 7 or higher you must have placed top 8 at a major. If you have placed top 8 at a major it does not mean that you have remained a 7. Local and online wins are taken into account but hold less weight than regional or major wins, meaning that beating a 8 ranked scalp at a local may only be worth a 6 ranked scalp.

If you would like to know the rating for a scalp post in this thread. Do not ask for yourself. You may question my ranking if you wish. You may only post 3 requests for a scalp at a time.

I will start off with Forever King.

King is currently ranked a 10. He is the only level 10 scalp. He has placed top 8 at every tournament he's been to since Summer Jam and every tournament overall except EVO. He has placed 2nd at 2 majors and won 1. He is the current standard for a 10 ranked scalp.

Current listing thanks to Gookus.

10's:
Forever King

9's:
Theo
Rico
Saltface
M2Dave defeated by Deathstroke
PPJ being serious

8's:
REO
Darth Arma
Tyrant
Blind Ducky
Max Intensity
PPJ being PPJ

7's:
Pig of the Hut
Harold
16 Bit
Perfect Legend
Sonic Fox
Grr
DJT
Deg
PPJ being stubborn

6's:
Chris G
Jupiter
Revolver
7L
M2Dave
Slips
Smarrgasm
Glass Sword
Khaotik
Noobe
A Foxy Grandpa
Playing 2 Win

5's:
KDZ
Goomba
Smarrgasm, when hes cursed.
Saucy Jack, using DD
Jeremiah
Wafflez
Sajam
Krayzie
SonicBoom Brad
Whiteboi
Kitana Prime
MIT
Gross
Mr. Aquaman

4's:
Cage Redfield
CD Jr
Godspeed
Rebelo

3's:
Saucy Jack, using Alts
Soonk

2:'s
Tom Brady's Mom

1's:
PantyChrist
Zyphox

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Let's get the big boy's out of the way:

Theo
Rico
KDZ

Theo: Jivan the Carpathian is currently a level 9 scalp. Theo is WNF's top player and placed prepatch at EVO and post patch at NEC. The only thing holding him back is he did not win NEC. West Coast's finest scalp.

Rico: a 9 level scalp. I had originally considered him a 10 level scalp but he has not placed at a major in the post patch era. However he's returned to form and looks to be EC's biggest scalp if he keeps it up.

KDZ: Level 5 scalp. His scalp rating has gone down tremendously since the patch. Lost to Superman at NEC. Has not won locally. Uses bad alts in tournament. Beating him locally has little meaning anymore. An outsider beating him at a major still has value because of his name.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Scalp evaluation requests for:

@AK Glass_Sword

@Tom Brady

@Perfect Legend

Edit: @GGA 16 Bit just read three requests at a time

Glass Sword has a current scalp rating of 6. Only Raven player to be endorsed by Blind Ducky. Defeated PPJ at Frosty Faustings. Has won AK. Needs a major placing to move up.

Tom Brady has a current scalp rating of 5. Like KDZ his name holds weight. Has done well locally and regionally. Needs a couple more big scalp wins to move onto level 6.

Perfect Legend holds a scalp rating of 7. Plays multiple characters at a high level. His talk keeps his name value up even in defeat. Needs a major placing to move up.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wonder Chef

I would give Chef a 5. Does well locally against strong competition but has not done well regionally or nationally. Probably his most notable accomplishment nationally was ending the career of my Killer Frost. April 2013 - July 2013. She was never allowed to live.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Darth Arma

Blind Ducky

Wonder Chef.

Darth Arma is a 8. Top 3 player locally. Consistently top 8 regionally and nationally for months. Needs a major win to get back into contention with King for Batman of America.

Blind Ducky is a 8. Talked a big game but backed it up at NEC. In a dangerous situation where his mouth gives his scalp lots of value but if he starts to lose it will drop instantly.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Saltface
Whiteboi
Rebelo

Saltface is a 9. 3 for 3 for top 8 placings. AK's best player.

Whiteboi is a 5. Very strong player in casuals but hasn't proved it in tournament yet. Win at CEO Winterfest tonight pushes him up to a 5.

Rebelo is a 4. Has done little offline except for winning a mysterious "60 man major in Canada".

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

GGA 16 Bit is worth a 7. Top player locally and has done well at a regional and major. Last Catwoman standing. MK career and loud mouth adds value.

GGA Slips is worth a 6. Top player locally but hasn't done well on a bigger stage since UFGT. Tekken and podcasting legacy add value.

AK Pig of the Hut is a 7. Top 16 curse is over. The best Zod and king of Rebelloing players.