What's new

Question - Cryomancer cryomancer viable?

Hey guys i havent played mkx for like 4 months im just getting back into it takeda was my main then but i want some one new i rly enjoy cryomancer alot i know grand master is better but i find cry sub more fun is this viable? Or is it the worst character in the game atm? If so who would fit my play style that is viable ?
I like the fast ninja playstyle something like scorpion,sub,ermac, takeda the fast movements.. i tried ermac mystic i do like it i just dont like the floating i like to be on the ground lol so any advise tips ?

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
Cryomancer hits hard and that's about it. All of Sub Zero's weaknesses are covered by the ice clone, and since Cryomancer doesn't have the ice clone...you get where I'm going at. And judging from your post, perhaps Ninjitsu would be a good fit for you.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think Scorpion or Takeda would be better for what you describe. Cryomancer isn't that bad but isn't that good. I think Ronin Takeda would be a good fit for what you describe.

Well i mained takeda before kinda want skme one new and scorpion is whom i started mortal kombat with i am open to more characters tho i think by fast i mean maybe rush down characters which would be the best for that? Also is sub zero rly that bad that he has to hide behind his clone to be good?

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Cryo is a solid mid tier, but struggles against the top tiers. His damage is great, but there are character that can do that kinda of damage with few weakenesses

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Well i mained takeda before kinda want skme one new and scorpion is whom i started mortal kombat with i am open to more characters tho i think by fast i mean maybe rush down characters which would be the best for that? Also is sub zero rly that bad that he has to hide behind his clone to be good?
Sub-Zero isn't a rush down character so he may not be the best fit. And the clone is used for a lot more than hiding behind.

I know he isnt rush but i still like sub zero at least his cryomancer variation but i hear bad things about it being almost low tier not that it matters but i kinda want at least a mid tier that i want to stick all my time into and learn the char inside out takeda was my main before kinda want to use him as a secondary and trying to find new main

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Just try everyone. I think you would no like like Alien, he fits your description okay and he has good rushdown. If you just LOVE Sub-Zero then I would still say go Grandmaster, he had been my main through the entirety of MKX and I really like him. He is the only character I get excited to take to the lab. Sub-Zero is my favorite character so I can relate.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
he is not that bad, Cyro shines with mixups and power hits, extra damage with double special cancels with hammer. F42,1+3 into Hammer or EX hammer and repeat. its kinda slow so if you don't wanna get flip kicked by kassie or 7 frame stuffed using it, Armor it up and then its a great check tool, i mean with all his low mixers he can use that hammer to check there blocking habbits very well. along with hammer he gets quit a few normals that go into normal freeze without meter, so that could be another reason to pick him over Grandmaster. but if you like rushdown and like the Ninjas:

I reccomend Reptile, he isn't a Ninja anymore and he looks kinda funny but he is a ninja at heart. Plus his moves are both fast and confusing. great mixups, great space control, great armor, great AA and great movement, and great setups.

Noxious for meterless damage with 34 xx Gas only, Deceptive for, Armor and Move break with Invis, And Nimble for Easy 40's with green zone and all around corner carry. any variation you use it should be based on getting them to corner cuz he shines there, but he can handle his own anywhere. and as an added bonus he is really fun.

MadeOfMetal

Would you list the characters, thanks
characters that can do his damage with fewer weaknesses: id say:

Alien, Kano CT, Sonya Demo, Mileena Piercing, Kenshi Kenjitsu (< controversial character just my opinion), Raiden Thunder God, Tekada Ronin/Shrai, Reptile Noxious/Nimble/Deceptive, Ermac MOS/Mystic .

comes to mind

Alien, Kano CT, Sonya Demo, Mileena Piercing, Kenshi Kenjitsu (< controversial character just my opinion), Raiden Thunder God, Tekada Ronin/Shrai, Reptile Noxious/Nimble/Deceptive, Ermac MOS/Mystic .

comes to mind
Thank you, I am a cryo lover and I am now learning the Mac daddy mystic, thanks again

comes to mind
Who do you like prefer reptile or ermac, ermac's moves feel more natural to me especially his basic kombos, I have a simple question and can you help me, with ermac mystic when I perform
22xxdb1, I often get the soul burst(db2) instead of db1, but the display shows 22xxdb1, all three controller options are turned off, I notice that this occurs less frequently when I cancel into to lift more slowly, waiting to do the db1 as the second hit occurs, is that my answer or do you have the proper solution, thank you

MadeOfMetal

Who do you like prefer reptile or ermac, ermac's moves feel more natural to me especially his basic kombos, I have a simple question and can you help me, with ermac mystic when I perform
22xxdb1, I often get the soul burst(db2) instead of db1, but the display shows 22xxdb1, all three controller options are turned off, I notice that this occurs less frequently when I cancel into to lift more slowly, waiting to do the db1 as the second hit occurs, is that my answer or do you have the proper solution, thank you
im not an ermac player, but that sounds like a universal problem on this game, its more how you input or the speed you input the combos or linkls, try different timings in practice, try over and over untill you get it and if you can't get it hten switch the normal you are connecting, if i remember right B12 is a great juggle catcher of ermacs strings and that might help you out a bit.

on to the next question Ermac or Reptile?

well thats all personal preferance, but to me i like Reptile more, i feel that his variations offer more, he has great space control, great mixups, great setups with his gravity bombs, decent zoning with gravity bombs and spit combined, great mids, and to top it off good damage and great normals that look confusing, his OH's(overheads) can look like Low's and his Lows can look like Mids or highs. his moves look wakey and can easily confuse your opponent and if you add ending strings with Gravity bomb you can confuse your opponent and make them let go of block early to open them up. and btw his D3 is godlike try D3 into a quick B2(Overhead) then F21. there are plenty threads on reptile that show his good strings and his combos, just remember all his strings can be used at some point in certain situations.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Cryo has slide, a really good jip, high damage and 50/50's, a scrubby character overall because people will abuse the hell out of crossup jip and go do a 50/50 whenever. Its sad because with how powerful jumping is in this game it kinda works, and then all they have to do is roll the dice and if they're right you lose half your life. Im not saying Cryo is good by any means, im merely pointing out that his only good points are the scrubbiest aspects of the game which makes players abuse such scrubby aspects because its about all this character can do.

Cryo has slide, a really good jip, high damage and 50/50's, a scrubby character overall because people will abuse the hell out of crossup jip and go do a 50/50 whenever. Its sad because with how powerful jumping is in this game it kinda works, and then all they have to do is roll the dice and if they're right you lose half your life. Im not saying Cryo is good by any means, im merely pointing out that his only good points are the scrubbiest aspects of the game which makes players abuse such scrubby aspects because its about all this character can do.
agreed --- i want antiairs to be buffed and i think the frame advantage from a blocked jump in should be toned way down. It shouldn't guarantee a follow-up 50/50 virutally every time

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
agreed --- i want antiairs to be buffed and i think the frame advantage from a blocked jump in should be toned way down. It shouldn't guarantee a follow-up 50/50 virutally every time
i don't have a problem with jip's basically adding 1 hit to your block string, with AA's being more effective, if they manage to land a jip, then you should have to hold it. I've never been behind the jip's losing advantage.

im not an ermac player, but that sounds like a universal problem on this game, its more how you input or the speed you input the combos or linkls, try different timings in practice, try over and over untill you get it and if you can't get it hten switch the normal you are connecting, if i remember right B12 is a great juggle catcher of ermacs strings and that might help you out a bit.

on to the next question Ermac or Reptile?

well thats all personal preferance, but to me i like Reptile more, i feel that his variations offer more, he has great space control, great mixups, great setups with his gravity bombs, decent zoning with gravity bombs and spit combined, great mids, and to top it off good damage and great normals that look confusing, his OH's(overheads) can look like Low's and his Lows can look like Mids or highs. his moves look wakey and can easily confuse your opponent and if you add ending strings with Gravity bomb you can confuse your opponent and make them let go of block early to open them up. and btw his D3 is godlike try D3 into a quick B2(Overhead) then F21. there are plenty threads on reptile that show his good strings and his combos, just remember all his strings can be used at some point in certain situations.
Thanks a lot, I am doing exactly what you described, learning the timing and input speed of his cancels on a dummie and with time will switch to hard practice mode(super meter set to 1) and relearn the timing/input speed with the CPU opponent mixing it up on me, totally different than a practice dummie, I find the lab very useful and fun, iam doing the same for reptile, reptile basic kombos according to the frame data have faster start up in general, I will look very closely at his normals to discover the confusing aspect that you mentioned, thanks again, Will lab his d3~d2~f21, will also begin to look at his kombo threads, and begin to really study his frame data for start up, block adv, hit adv and cancel adv., I do appreciate your help

MadeOfMetal

Thanks a lot, I am doing exactly what you described, learning the timing and input speed of his cancels on a dummie and with time will switch to hard practice mode(super meter set to 1) and relearn the timing/input speed with the CPU opponent mixing it up on me, totally different than a practice dummie, I find the lab very useful and fun, iam doing the same for reptile, reptile basic kombos according to the frame data have faster start up in general, I will look very closely at his normals to discover the confusing aspect that you mentioned, thanks again, Will lab his d3~d2~f21, will also begin to look at his kombo threads, and begin to really study his frame data for start up, block adv, hit adv and cancel adv., I do appreciate your help
np, and if you have Xbox one, i can help ya online in practice, my gamer tag is: cH3 MadeOfMetal

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
As a Sub Zero mainer, I'll tell you this. Those variations have their own philosophy. Cryomancer is the aggressive type and this is why he hits so hard. The Grandmaster is the balanced type, because you block with the Ice Klone AND you attack behind it with Iceball or Ice Klone Toss or even you do Icy Slide to send your opponent right on your Ice Klone, therefore he has a slight advantage against most of the zoners AND the aggressive types, like Alien Tarkatan. The worst is Unbreakable, because he blocks ALL the time, while trying to get closer to his opponent, therefore he's the defensive guy.

Therefore, if you want to win, try Grandmaster and Cryomancer. The best meterless Sub Zero is Grandmaster.

MadeOfMetal

As a Sub Zero mainer, I'll tell you this. Those variations have their own philosophy. Cryomancer is the aggressive type and this is why he hits so hard. The Grandmaster is the balanced type, because you block with the Ice Klone AND you attack behind it with Iceball or Ice Klone Toss or even you do Icy Slide to send your opponent right on your Ice Klone, therefore he has a slight advantage against most of the zoners AND the aggressive types, like Alien Tarkatan. The worst is Unbreakable, because he blocks ALL the time, while trying to get closer to his opponent, therefore he's the defensive guy.

Therefore, if you want to win, try Grandmaster and Cryomancer. The best meterless Sub Zero is Grandmaster.
all true and very good advice! but Grandmaster has no advantage against Alien anything, that clone does nothing against alien. Aliens F4/B3/Standing 4/DB3/Exo Sting/Acid Blood/Pod/Drone all hit through Grnadmasters Clone, Alien by far is the best pick against Grandmaster.