What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Cryo Sub... make it a base form?

AGREE?

• yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I would ask you to elaborate. If I found out he could do it midscreen I would probably leave the country and rethink my life.
Corner with a clone shatter setup. Overhead gets around 50% and low option gets around 45.

9_Lives

Noob
D'vorah and Takeda both give at least GM Sub Zero problems though, right? Or is that just Tom Brady pulling my leg?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
out of curiosity, whats the highest damage output GM can do in a corner?
I know he can get 58% with 3 bars it might be more (though there is no need to spend bars for damage with GM when meterless damage is so good and he should spend meter for utility). Cryo's best 3 bars combo is 53%.
Highest POSSIBLE damage is 56% meterless, 66% 3 Bar's. Both off the overhead.

God Confirm

Thanks for confirming, I'm way more experienced with Cryo and din't think about the OH ones for GM.
They are both also super impractical and spacing dependant from your opponent, he has to be a few steps out of the corner, while you set up a clone even further back

52% is about the highest practical meterless you are getting off B2 and its still highly impractical just like all shatters possibly even more so.

In reality its like saying Dualist has 92% combo's, or Kotal has 300% combos... its like sure, but they aren't ever gonna happen lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Who knows if it will, I think it'll be better then MK 9 Cyber Subby.

BTW, props for the sailor bit. My dad was in the Navy so always cool to see a sailor post.

God Confirm

Who knows if it will, I think it'll be better then MK 9 Cyber Subby.

BTW, props for the sailor bit. My dad was in the Navy so always cool to see a sailor post.
I take it your mother lived in Jersey then?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
im not really new per say.... but its good to know he can do that with GM in the corner

however.... the question is, is it practical

the thing with CRYO, is that he can use that hammer to perform mix ups, and keep the enemy guessing, and rush the enemy down

as for GM, watching the vids... some just has to start off with a clone cornering the enemy... i have a feeling it may not be practical against characters that could teleport out of the way....or just meter to save themselves from it

btw, whats the highest GM can do?...the highest ive done with CRYO, would be 53 percent corner
You can get guaranteed fullscreen to corner setups into clone that give you mixups that are safe in grandmaster, cryo's mixups are also reactable and unsafe at the same time.Grand Master does more damage.

It seems that you're kind of new (Which is a good thing since you always start at the bottom and go to the top later).

Sorry mate, but i don't really see how cryo is better.:D

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
When I first started playing MKX I went right to sub zero's cryomancer variation and had quite a bit of luck online with it and didn't even consider grandmaster being the superior version because of the sub par damage and mix ups but when you really learn how to use the clone properly and learn the shatter combos in the corner then it's becomes clear that grandmaster is the superior variation for most match ups. However I still think it would be more viable to use cryo in some matches where the clone is rendered fairly useless like against Shaolin Kung Jin or Predator.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
If you think I'm okay with Grandmaster having Cryomancer's Doomsday esque corner shit to go along with clone then you are lost

The ice clone is one of the coolest move in the entirety of mk , removing it and making cyro the base would suck
no, i didnt say remove it
imagine having cryomancer already built in subzero

and he has to pick the variation of GM, or UNBREAKABLE, or a KLASSIC VARIATION, which would have being able to freeze the floor or shoot ice in the air like in the original MK's

but maybe thats not what subby needs, since GM is already good by itself

perhaps a 3 hit combo that starts with an overhead would be better for him

been playing GM lately, it doesnt seem to be practical TBH

in order to get a combo over 40 percent you need to setup the clone just the right distance, then blow it up

which is a pain

its one thing to do it against a dummy.... but against an opponent... not really practical

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

in order to get a combo over 40 percent you need to setup the clone just the right distance, then blow it up

which is a pain

its one thing to do it against a dummy.... but against an opponent... not really practical
Just keep practicing man. After some knockdowns in the corner you get a free Klone set up, then you can 50/50 them for the shatter, or throw them into Klone and restart the process. It shouldn't be super easy to get 45ish METERLESS into a free klone. People don't hit them every single match, but it's definitely something worth knowing.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer

which is a pain

Honestly, it's rare if I personally don't land a shatter combo in a match. The clone placement isn't as difficult as you might think, the community has talked about the subject at length just as we're discussing it now. And even the most stubborn of Sub-Zero mains have come around because the damage is far too good to pass up. Execution should never be a barrier of a fighting game player.

If you're still not convinced, I'll link some videos to yt of a corner game break down. The fact of the matter is the threat of shatter combos are the difference between Grandmaster SZ being kinda mid tier or arguably top 5 in the game.