What's new

Creating Move-Lists for MK10 Characters

NKZero

Noob
DAIROU

Tombstone drop: Dairou falls on his back and the ground hit causes the opponent to launch in the air, allowing for a full combo opportunity up close. Has 25 start-up frames and is only punishable on whiff at touching distance. Unblockable.
EX Tombstone drop: Dairou falls on his back and then falls forwards. Unblockable. 20 frame start-up. Does more damage but is easier to punish at touching distance.

Stealthy shadows: Dairou teleports behind the opponent and leaves a yellow puff of smoke in both places. Same properties as Rain's teleport in MK9 apart from the fact that it has a different animation.
EX Stealthy shadows: completely safe version of the standard stealthy shadows.

Iron Leg: Dairou shoots a projectile from his leg as in the previous games. Quick start-up and Quan's skull recovery. Safe on block and advantage (stagger) on hit.
EX Iron Leg: more damaging version of standard iron leg. Otherwise it shares the same properties.

Seidan Sword Smash: Dairou grabs his sword and launches an overhead attack that causes a ground bounce. Is punishable by an attack that is 9 frames or faster if blocked. Has the same start-up as Kabal's tornado slam.
EX Seidan Sword Smash: same version but has armour. It is safer on block but still punishable by a 6 frame move.

m2dave what do you think?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Tombstone drop: Dairou falls on his back and the ground hit causes the opponent to launch in the air, allowing for a full combo opportunity up close. Has 12 start-up frames and is only punishable on whiff at touching distance. Unblockable.
EX Tombstone drop: Dairou falls on his back and then falls forwards. Unblockable. 9 frame start-up. Does more damage but is easier to punish at touching distance.
12F start up for the TS Drop and 9F start up for the EX TS Drop? You do realize that those are essentially the numbers for the TS Drop in Deception, right? The most balanced version of the TS Drop is found in Armageddon, which never had an official frame data, but the TS Drop had a 20-25F start up in Check 's and my estimation. That is just the right speed to allow an opponent to jump on reaction (provided the blocking is fixed) if he is really paying attention to the animation, yet the move remains useful because it can still be used effectively.

I would also give the TS Drop three notations similar to Jax's ground pound and Freddy's spikes. b,d+1 could be the close TS Drop, f,d+1 the mid TS Drop, and f,b,d+1 the far TS Drop.

Of course, I have more ideas, but these are the essentials.

I like your other suggestions. I have always thought he should have another special move.

NKZero

Noob
12F start up for the TS Drop and 9F start up for the EX TS Drop? You do realize that those are essentially the numbers for the TS Drop in Deception, right? The most balanced version of the TS Drop is found in Armageddon, which never had an official frame data, but the TS Drop had a 20-25F start up in Check 's and my estimation. That is just the right speed to allow an opponent to jump on reaction (provided the blocking is fixed) if he is really paying attention to the animation, yet the move remains useful because it can still be used effectively.

I would also give the TS Drop three notations similar to Jax's ground pound and Freddy's spikes. b,d+1 could be the close TS Drop, f,d+1 the mid TS Drop, and f,b,d+1 the far TS Drop.

Of course, I have more ideas, but these are the essentials.

I like your other suggestions. I have always thought he should have another special move.
That's a good idea actually and maybe EX TS drop is like EX Ground Pound? Kind of like an OTG without follow-up (at least mid-screen). Although I prefer Shang's notations for three sets of one special. Easier imo.

Also on the subject of frame data my bad. I always had in my mind the Armageddon one but for some reason I thought it was 8 frames lol. Yeah of course you want to give the opponent a good chance of reacting to it. So yeah I'll say 25 frames for regular and 20 for EX.

Subby Z

Noob
Thought of a movelist for Hydro after watching him in MK: Legacy today. I feel that Boon and co. are going to want a third cyborg but honestly neither cyber smoke or sub-zero are really liked, so I decided Hydro would be a good way to go.

Here's the movelist

HYDRO
Charge Kick (imagine a sweet chin music kick with sparks flying from his foot? works as a pop up)
enhanced (more damage)

Overcharged (purposely leaks water to make himself electrically charged, this makes it so that any normal move (not a special) that hits Hydro will cause damage to the opponent.

Shock Bomb (a malfunctioning bomb that when near the opponent stuns them allowing Hydro to move in for a hit). Basically a move like spear or freeze. It stops the opponent in their tracks.[
[enhanced] stuns the opponent longer

Rocket punch (fist detaches from Hydro toward the opponent)Hydro's projectile
[enhanced] does more damage

Charge cloud (moves at the speed of reptile's force ball, the difference is that the cloud goes above the opponent which keeps them from jumping)
[enhanced] makes the cloud move faster

Whip shock (throws out a low electrically charged whip which wraps around the opponents foot to trip them onto the ground)

X-ray (Malfunction) sprays the opponent with water from his chest then punches the opponent in the gut with an electrically charged fist shocking them and causing them to bend over (like in Noob's xray except without the puke) he then lifts his electrically charged leg directly up and drops it down on top of the opponents neck (like a scissor kick) this ends the x-ray.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Cyber Smoke:

Harpoon of doom - You know, his trademark harpoon. It should have less recovery frames than Scorpion's shitty spear, but still be punishable if whiffed. EX version should have three harpoons appear in multiple directions (like Nightwolf's EX arrows).

Smoke Bombs - As in, actual bombs like what Cyrax and CSZ have. Unblockable, and have the same properties as Smoke Clouds (transports them above you so you can juggle). These shall replace the clouds. EX versions do what CSZ's do (three appear on the screen). If they jump, they may be harpoon'd.

Teleport - Same as Human Smoke's, but the third hit of his EX version should not hit overhead. Rather, it should have the same animation as Sektor's Metal Uppercut, and be relatively safe like it (-6?). You will not be able to follow that hit with a combo like you can with Sektor's though.

Smoke Away/Towards - Same as Human Smoke's, but with digital animations, similar to Sektor. EX version should be invincible during the start up frames, but have much slower recovery than Human Smoke's (similar to Freddy).

Shake - Same as Human Smoke, but envelops him in an electrical forcefield.

Air Throw - Same as Human Smoke, but throws them in front.

*Same normals as H. Smoke. :D

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Shinnok

My version of Shinnok is kinda weird, he is his own character, but he posses his fake shang tsung bullshit from MK4.

His basic specials

• Dark Ball a generic fireball attack, pretty good reovery/startup. EX It causes a stun state that puts them in lots of hitstun, long enough to hit them with another Black Ball and it will combo, or another special.
  • Dark Blast a purple explosion similar to Raidens Vicinity trap, except not terrible. Good recovery, popsup. EX A bigger hitbox and launchers higher.
  • Skeleton Hands Skeletal hands pop up from the ground and grab the opponents ankles making it so they can't jump for 5 seconds. EX A true capture state like net/iceball.
  • Skeletal Minion Summon a skeleton that is controlled by the computer, it has a sword. It can walk forward and back, block, and has several different normals, including a low, an overhead, and a string that can frametrap, it also can throw the sword for a projectile. One clean melee hit and it dies, two projectiles. EX does extra damage, needs two melee, and 3 projectiles to kill, it also gets two new moves, a command throw, and a sword slash that causes massive hitstun.
  • Skeleton Bats Kinda like Batmans little bats, but you have more control. You summon 1 at a time, and can have up to 3, with a special input you send them all at the opponent as a projectile, but the input varies. FDB, then push 1,2, or 3 in any order to make the bats hit the opponent in specific parts, lets say you do FDB 1 1 2, the bats would go high, high, overhead in quick succession, or if you did FDB 3 3 1 the bats would hit low low high.EX Summons 3 bats at once.
Now for the other part.

He has a command to turn into any character.

Examples
DD 1+2 Kung lao
DD 3+4 Sektor
BB 1+3 reptile
BDF 1+2 returns to his normal moveset.

However the neat part is that you can EX any of these commands, but also you immediately use a specific ability.

Kung Lao DD 1+2+Block, he does his spin
Sektor DD 3+4+block Teleport uppercut
Reptile BB 1+3+block Forceball
Revert BDF 1+2+block Dark Blast

When he is using someone elses moveset he can't use there X-ray or any of there EX versions of there specials, and his damage is reduced by 75%.

However he can do fun transforming combos with meter.

Lets say 223 is a launching combo for his normal moveset.

2,2,3 Dark Blast, 2, 2 KL Spin 1,1,2 Sektor Teleport Uppercut, B3,4 TU, Revert Dark Blast, 2,2,3

Would require 3 bars and probably only do like 50% damage, but it would look boss as fuck.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
One of my favorite MK characters, Tanya.

She was awesome in MK4, didn't care for what they did with her in anything after that, her outfit was alright I guess.
I would change her back to be more like MK4, specifically make her less of a female scorpion, make her fire powers purple again give her back her pupils, ignore those stupid weapons she had.
In fact make her default outfit the black princess outfit she had in 4.

This one.
Another shot of it that I'm going to link because it might be a little NSFW, no nudity but has visible camel toe, huge cleavage, and shes sorta drooling...

• Fireball DF1 Shoots a purple fireball at the opponent, average projectile, not super great. EX Causes a untechable knockdown, unblockable, slightly slower.
  • Air Fireball DF1(air) Shoots a purple fireball downward. Similar to MK4, kinda cheap. EX Half speed, double the size.
  • Corkscrew kick FF3 Does a drill kick, fast startup and recovery, launches, terribly unsafe on block. EX Faster, ignores damage scaling.
  • Split kick FDB4 Her split kick from MK4, unsafe as hell, knocks down, hits overhead. EX gives some projectile invincibility.
  • Neck Breaker FF2 Fast command throw, her bone breaker from MK4. EX leaves them in a stun state, can combo afterwards, but heavily scaled.
  • Boomerang She throws her boomerang, does no damage if it hits, but comes back. Basically a useless taunt, but I had to shoehorn it in somehow.
  • X-ray Find Me She is consumed in purple flames and turns invisible for 6 seconds. Well invisible any normal she hits you with starts a cinematic super where she does an extended neck breaker and does 3 full rotations, and as she comes down she blast them in the back with a fireball.
Only the EX versions of corkscrew and split kick have the added fire effects, which are purple and not bland ass yellow.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
----------

I love this post. Especially giving her her pupils again. (The inconsistency in character design is annoying) The only things I'd change is make the boomerang a part of her combos, similar to how Harley has her guns...

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I love this post. Especially giving her her pupils again. (The inconsistency in character design is annoying) The only things I'd change is make the boomerang a part of her combos, similar to how Harley has her guns...
Well Boomerangs are kinda much slower then a gunshot, but I guess you could do it as like the last hit of a string, maybe the second hit launches them fullscreen, and then she nails them with a Boomerang.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
i wonder how a new MK without teleports would look?
isnt it the only major fighting title who has teleports? - oh, and remove resets, because some of the combos are just stupid. (i play smoke, but i would still like to see the game without resets)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
i wonder how a new MK without teleports would look?
isnt it the only major fighting title who has teleports? - oh, and remove resets, because some of the combos are just stupid. (i play smoke, but i would still like to see the game without resets)
Both SF and Marvel have lots of teleports.