What's new

Discussion cR SonicFox's Top 5 Characters List (02/11/16)

SonicFox5000

The Best.
People who know Sonic know that he's never serious and that this is to be taken with a grain of salt, even though he is Sonic.

Who he uses is a much better indication, rather than who he says is top.

It's not that he's trolling, it's just that he doesn't take character placements and tier lists as seriously as we do. Remember how Dragon Naginata beat Mileena and Tarkatan? Remember when Ferra Torr was S tier?
you dont know me???????????

On Twitter, SonicFox released his top 5 characters and I thought it would make a fun, respectful and not at all toxic discussion here on TYM.

Reasoning

What do you think?
@SonicFox5000
@cR WoundCowboy
@RM Cossner
@Awkward Sloth
@Tweedy
@RM Indecisive
@DDutchguy
@PLAYING TO WIN

Discuss!
I agree with all of the characters except I think that sub should mean gm and cryo and top 5 should be replaced with mystic and original top 5 should be brought to top 6. Top 7 is cutthroat.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Kitana is top 5 tho common.

She already had some of the best counter zoning and zonin in the game and now she has better rushdown. Not to mention that crazy ass damage and 30 minute long combos

Matix218

Get over here!
I think scorpion may be at the bottom of the current top 5. But no one else seems to think so which is fine with me!

omooba

fear the moobs
The fact that hell sparks are theoretically punishable doesn't really hurt him all that much to be honest.
In practice, you rarely see hell sparks get legitimately punished in both low and high level play because of situations like having to punish it in the heat of the moment, the first hit whiffing while you block the second and third and if Shinnok ever has a bar, you're not gonna think of attempting a punish because if you do he can burn a bar and he can combo you.
the thing about punishing it in the heat of the moment isn't a legit reason in my opinion. that only applies to moves where you have one or two frames to punish which hellsparks isn't one of. regarding ex hellsparks at the end, that's match up dependent there's characters who can get a punish regardless of what shinnok does (ex: predator low lazer) i believe most of the cast can get a punish as a read too. this is just regarding the third hit though and the reason i think this matters so much is sonic's reasoning in saying shinnok is the best in the game is his neutral control which is based around hellsparks in all variations. the fact that character's can completely shut this down is pretty bad IMO

AGRxShiroKuma

The White Bear
Sub is very strong in all 3 variations and they help cover each other's weak spots.
I'm still having trouble understanding why you would pick cryomancer or unbreakable over grand master. I mean I pick unbreakable and cryomancer because I like them but I don't know why at high level play you wouldn't pick grand master.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm still having trouble understanding why you would pick cryomancer or unbreakable over grand master. I mean I pick unbreakable and cryomancer because I like them but I don't know why at high level play you wouldn't pick grand master.
They're basically brand new characters but I think that some of GM's bad matchups can be helped a bit by the other 2 variations.

One example is Takeda(non Ronin). GM gets mopped still because of the disjointed hitboxes and the klone not being very useful vs him, and losing hard in the neutral. But since string into kunai doesn't jail and Unbreakable has a long range armor launcher, we can blow him up for attempting pressure. Plus we don't take the heavy chip we would have to hold and can parry the whips. Definitely one example of having more to work with not as GM.

AGRxShiroKuma

The White Bear
They're basically brand new characters but I think that some of GM's bad matchups can be helped a bit by the other 2 variations.

One example is Takeda(non Ronin). GM gets mopped still because of the disjointed hitboxes and the klone not being very useful vs him, and losing hard in the neutral. But since string into kunai doesn't jail and Unbreakable has a long range armor launcher, we can blow him up for attempting pressure. Plus we don't take the heavy chip we would have to hold and can parry the whips. Definitely one example of having more to work with not as GM.
Ok cool. I just need to fiddle with cryomancer and grandmaster more so I can figure out which one is betterrible suited for the bad matchup with unbreakable. Thanks dankster.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Unbreakable has good answers to match ups that Grandmaster just can't do because the clone is whiffed or destroyed immediately after being thrown out. When I played OD_Alcatraz's Demo Sonya, I found it easier to parry those strings that have gaps and punish her. However, the Barrier of frost doesn't tag JIP or JIK which is terrible now that the JI game has been adjusted for this version of the game.

I play all variations as well but I don't play them at a high level like say Madzin/Buffalo/Zoofs with GM or SF with Cryomancer.
I can think of one Unbreakable who plays at a high level and that would probably be TonyJawBreaker, who played against Dab and Dab is crazy good.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I think scorpion may be at the bottom of the current top 5. But no one else seems to think so which is fine with me!
I definitely think Scorpion is at least in top 10 conversation. But his horrid wakeup and not being able to fight against pressure keeps him from going further up the list imo.