What's new

General/Other Council of Sub Mains

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
God damn I love you guys. This thread rules. Any advice about my tourney nerves. I got the weight of the lin kuei on my shoulders come dallas.

I still suck v kl. Gonna uppercuting teles all day lol.

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
God damn I love you guys. This thread rules. Any advice about my tourney nerves. I got the weight of the lin kuei on my shoulders come dallas.

Ya know, Sub-Zero's uppercut isn't the fastest in the game, I wouldn't trust it against Kung Lao's teleport. I'd try d4 to lower the hitbox or dash out of range and then punish.

A little tidbit: while I was playing Scrubbylicious down at MyGod's home, I was punishing the KL teleport with d1 and then going into 2 1 2 freeze for a full combo. Lin Kuei swag! <3

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ya know, Sub-Zero's uppercut isn't the fastest in the game, I wouldn't trust it against Kung Lao's teleport. I'd try d4 to lower the hitbox or dash out of range and then punish.

A little tidbit: while I was playing Scrubbylicious down at MyGod's home, I was punishing the KL teleport with d1 and then going into 2 1 2 freeze for a full combo. Lin Kuei swag! <3
uppercuts legit

instant 3 can be d1 212d as you said or 22 for full when he hits it

when playing footsies you could move back and forth to insta slide teles on reaction

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

Can this beat instant and delayed 3? Can you help me with this in dallas in some casuals?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Instant, I don't know about; delayed, yes.

We'll try and run it over some. I know how to play Kung Lao, so you're covered in that regard.
Thank you very much. I'm coming for that sonya though come tourney time :D

How do you think scorp does in that MU? he can punish tele3 way harder than sub. Not sure about the other aspects of the match though

Quick thought, I know a little lao, so if I have to fight PL, should I mirror him for the lulz?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Thank you very much. I'm coming for that sonya though come tourney time :D

How do you think scorp does in that MU? he can punish tele3 way harder than sub. Not sure about the other aspects of the match though

Quick thought, I know a little lao, so if I have to fight PL, should I mirror him for the lulz?

scorp has something great that allows him to punish hard as fuck, guaranteed 8% chip and like 40% of a bar when he finishes with vortex.

a safely played vortex punish is always +8% than what the screen says

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
scorp has something great that allows him to punish hard as fuck, guaranteed 8% chip and like 40% of a bar when he finishes with vortex.

a safely played vortex punish is always +8% than what the screen says
Right. I'm considering using him in the KL mu, specifically PL.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Better not choose sub if that's your plan. He's too busy showing off his biceps when he uppercuts to actually be fast enough to uppercut anyone...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lol whoops didn't see Dark Rob already handled this XD.

Either way guys, please, as a message to all who may view this thread...if someone comes into the thread starting trouble, please do not derail the thread any further. Clayman may be causing problems, but it's no better when you guys reply with stuff like who is on their shit list.

Seapeople

This one's for you
If anybody needs advice on punishing Lao's tele just watch the footage of Brady at powerup. Duck & 212 for instant 3, block the delayed 3 on reaction or make a read & use 22~freeze.
But o-BEEF_SUPREME-o If the teleport is your boggest issue with Lao you might consider trying Cyrax. AA grab that shit on reaction every time :)

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I'll try to help if I can. I don't main him anymore but I've played Sub Zero for a long time. Long enough to know you don't pick him on Wafflez Smoke, Arturo's Reptile, or Pigs anything.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If anybody needs advice on punishing Lao's tele just watch the footage of Brady at powerup. Duck & 212 for instant 3, block the delayed 3 on reaction or make a read & use 22~freeze.
But o-BEEF_SUPREME-o If the teleport is your boggest issue with Lao you might consider trying Cyrax. AA grab that shit on reaction every time :)
no 22 freeze, laos neutral after the instant 3, he can standing 2 for full combo and even if he does poke then the first 2 wont hit him

uppercut is same damage i think, he shouldnt use a character he doesnt fully know

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I play sub alot... i actually helped a friend main sub back in the days... i guess you could call it a pocket subby :D

wound still call it a "MAIN" ... i like the female ninjas + scorpion more :p

Seapeople

This one's for you
no 22 freeze, laos neutral after the instant 3, he can standing 2 for full combo and even if he does poke then the first 2 wont hit him

uppercut is same damage i think, he shouldnt use a character he doesnt fully know
I'm talking about making a read that Lao will use delayed 3 and using 22~frreeze to punish it rather than blocking it on reaction.
The reason that Cyrax's AA grab works better than his uppercut is that is can be done on reaction to both the instant & delayed 3. AA grab is invincible once it makes contact.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm talking about making a read that Lao will use delayed 3 and using 22~frreeze to punish it rather than blocking it on reaction.
The reason that Cyrax's AA grab works better than his uppercut is that is can be done on reaction to both the instant & delayed 3. AA grab is invincible once it makes contact.
uppercut beats any option of the tele, its just that AA grab is harder to fuck up

are you talking about a read teleport and delayed 3 or just read delayed 3?if its the first you can walk back and b12 freeze

Seapeople

This one's for you
uppercut beats any option of the tele, its just that AA grab is harder to fuck up

are you talking about a read teleport and delayed 3 or just read delayed 3?if its the first you can walk back and b12 freeze
Just reading the delayed 3, not the teleport itself. Uppercuts do work but theyre pretty inconsistent when punishing instant 3 on reaction.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just reading the delayed 3, not the teleport itself. Uppercuts do work but theyre pretty inconsistent when punishing instant 3 on reaction.
i hate trying to read teleports, i already need to watch my spacing and doing a dash at the wrong time fucks shit up

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
i hate trying to read teleports, i already need to watch my spacing and doing a dash at the wrong time fucks shit up
This is specifically why I'm considering going with scorp in this MU. It feels so much easier punishing tele3 with his d1 than subs..not sure why. i can't nail the d1 212 w/ sub for shit...:( With scorp, I feel like I at least have a chance and a bit more mobility, albeit unsafe mobility. But yeah, Ill have to grind it out with sub, but for MLG I think i'm gonna play scorp vs KL.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Easier said than done, bro.

I have no idea how to tell if it's an instant 3 or delayed 3. I just don't use Sub vs Lao. I pick someone with a fast uppercut. lol ... or Raiden b/c you can shocker his teleport.