What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Could Sub-Zero's sinister-sounding voice be a viable factor as to who he is?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
willing to spare his. . . did you play MK9s story mode? He went against Raiden's advice, dragged him to hell and killed him, then displayed his skull before Shang Tsung's court. He later told Kuai he'd do the same to him.
Yeah, did you play story mode? He only killed him (and I mentioned this) after Quan Chi showed him an illusion of his family's murder featuring Bi which engaged him. He didn't straight up kill him after the battle, he initially declined because he genuinely wanted what Raiden was offering but his anger got the best of him.

Last edited:
Yeah, did you play story mode? He only killed him (and I mentioned this) after Quan Chi showed him an illusion of his family's murder featuring Bi which engaged him. He didn't straight up kill him after the battle, he initially declined because he genuinely wanted what Raiden was offering but his anger got the best of him.
The plan was to kill him anyway. Raiden's offer made him give it a second thought, but as you said his anger got the best of him.
He killed him in the first timeline as well for the same reasons and without any doubt cause Raiden wasn't them to make a deal.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
The plan was to kill him anyway. Raiden's offer made him give it a second thought, but as you said his anger got the best of him.
He killed him in the first timeline as well for the same reasons and without any doubt cause Raiden wasn't them to make a deal.
I think it's well established Scorpion let's his anger get the best of him lol BUT, what I was saying was that, Scorpion was kinda OK with letting the whole being killed by Sub-Zero slide once the deal was on the table.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I think the master of all hypes right now is Sub-zero's identity.
Yes! Dude, I've never been anywhere near hyped for anything Sub-Zero related before and I've been a fan since MKII! NGL, I would be super bummed if it's not Bi (and, like another member pointed out, [Noob] isn't necessarily out because the "shadow" could be sentient now).

Last edited:
Yes! Dude, I've never been anywhere near hyped for anything Sub-Zero related before and I've been a fan since MKII! NGL, I would be super bummed if it's not Bi (and, like another member pointed out, Noon isn't necessarily out because the "shadow" could be sentient now).
I'm ok with both of them, probably prefer the younger one a bit more. I'll be bummed if he's a random other guy/ brother / whatever

kantboy-2

Ripper
Something to consider; Bi-Han is the alt. Sub-Zero and just like Regime Nightwing, he gets unique quotes and voice.

They already mentioned that some characters shown are the alt. costumes and they still want to keep a lid to the story mode.

He's one of the most popular characters in the franchise, so why not?

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
You're ignoring that Sub Zero says he's innocent, Bi would be lying if he said that. Scorpion has been falsely convinced Kuai was a murderer before. And both of them would have corrupted souls, they've both been to the Netherrealm, they've both been used by Quan Chi. The only difference is one of them submitted willingly. It's still inconclusive.
Uh... it was Quan Chi that killed the shirai ryu. Not Bi Han.

trufenix

bye felicia
Uh... it was Quan Chi that killed the shirai ryu. Not Bi Han.
The "murderer" claim could be referring to the murder of the Shirai Ryu or Scorpion himself. Also, in the original timeline, Quan Chi sold Scorpion on the idea that Kuai did the deed during MK4 anyway.

The point is, its inconclusive. None of the information revealed works exclusively for either brother, which was probably their goal.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well it's like 99% confirmed that he's Bi-Han in today's stream.
Bi-Han talking about having a heart. Right after Scorpion blew up SZ guise because SZ would never talk about "these feelings" in the comics. Lel.

We still know nothing. It's still possible that there are more than one SZ, like it was in MK9.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Bi-Han talking about having a heart. Right after Scorpion blew up SZ guise because SZ would never talk about "these feelings" in the comics. Lel.

We still know nothing. It's still possible that there are more than one SZ, like it was in MK9.

you are probably right

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
They already said in interviews that this is a new Sub-Zero, and they practically suggested that you can grow sub-zeros in your garden, that's how common they are now, unlike Ed's favourite of all time: Scorpion. Personally, I don't feel the least interest in finding out who he is, I'm sure he's a nobody. I'm looking forward to play him.

Dark

Noob
They already said in interviews that this is a new Sub-Zero, and they practically suggested that you can grow sub-zeros in your garden, that's how common they are now, unlike Ed's favourite of all time: Scorpion. Personally, I don't feel the least interest in finding out who he is, I'm sure he's a nobody. I'm looking forward to play him.
They actually did not say that at all. They said he could be a new one. Which is an easy way to dodge an answer. We already know from dialogue that he isn't.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Yeah I just think it's Kuai Liang from his intro with Ermac that's something like:
Ermac: You're soul is corrupted.
SZ: Not corrupted, freed.
In the MK9 story mode, Cyber SZ (Kuai Liang) says "My soul was corrupted (as he was SZ); now it is cleansed (as he is Cyber SZ)." So I think he's turned back to human SZ, where his soul would be "freed" from the robotness.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
I wouldnt be surprised if quan chi extracted cyber sub's soul from his robot body and planted it in another dead lin kuie for his own evil plans