What's new

Could Catwoman be a better character than Wonder Woman?

Catwoman > Wonder Woman?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Possible

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Equally Good

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
I think catdash is better than instant air demigoddess and Catwoman has more seamless high lows than Wonder Woman does. Also d1 catclaws/catdash is better than pretty much anything Wonder Woman can get from d1 safely tbh. Catwoman's b3 and f3 are 100x better than Wonder Woman's. Also I feel that Catwoman's jump in normals are just 31041049301x superior, Wonder Woman's air normals are the downfall of her game, but Wonder Woman's airdash makes her better, but CW I think is one of the most underrated characters in the game because her design means she can't be terrible.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I think catdash is better than instant air demigoddess and Catwoman has more seamless high lows than Wonder Woman does. Also d1 catclaws/catdash is better than pretty much anything Wonder Woman can get from d1 safely tbh. Catwoman's b3 and f3 are 100x better than Wonder Woman's. Also I feel that Catwoman's jump in normals are just 31041049301x superior, Wonder Woman's air normals are the downfall of her game, but Wonder Woman's airdash makes her better, but CW I think is one of the most underrated characters in the game because her design means she can't be terrible.
So do you think cw is better than wowo?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Wonder Woman is better for sure. Only thing Catwomen has better is b3.

WW jump ins are better

WW damage is better

WW corner game is better

WW footsies are better

WW anti air is better

WW has more frame advantage attacks

WW has better mobility

Catwomen is sexier tho

Catwomen has a visually better forward walk and back walk

Catwomen has a better battle cry for her supermove. Her "UGGGHHHH" is godlike before she hits you with the purple mist

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Lmao @the above posts XD

That aside, I think WW is better but not by much tbh. Realistically speaking, CW has one of the highest damage outputs in the game; yeah it requires meter and it can be pumped with background bounces, but even with just meter alone, her bnbs CAN land her over 40% into a setup. Now if CW mains choose not to do these combos, well that's on them...

As for oki, I'd say its a tie even in the corner. Yes WW has an OTG, ambiguous f3 crossup and a 50/50 but these are much more devastating in the corner than midscreen AND the setups to create these chop off a fair amount of damage unlike CW who can do her setups from pretty much anywhere. CW has her 50/50, an ambiguous ji1 crossup or ji3, MBcatdash for the fake out, and her low profile b3 which evades soooo much its ridiculous. You can compare the two with 50/50, WW air dash is relatively equivalent to MBcat dash, and the "unique" aspect to each other would be CW b3 and WW her OTG.

As for wake ups, yes WW has an invincible once, BUT need I constantly remind everyone and their family that you just need to block??? EVERY character can punish WW's wake ups on block which makes it just as much of a risk for her to wake up as it is for CW, who btw can wake up evade a good amount of setups and both have a universal backdash.

In terms of pressure, once CW hits you and staggers you, she can loop it all match long making the right reads and can AT WILL go into a full combo when she pleases on hit. With WW, she launches on hit so the wisest thing to do would be to continue the combo, but once its done, she needs to open you up again. Also CW has a better b3 and f3 imo because one, b3 is self explanatory, and two, f3 is a 16f overhead that hits from a CROUCHING animation and can be armored.

As for the air game and approaching overall, its a relative tie. WW ji3 has great range, but the start up is pretty damn slow that the opponent can counter her midair with most ji1's or d2 her out of it. CW ji2 can be used as an offense to get in or as a bait by jumping back and both lead to hit confirm combos. MBcat dash becomes safe at certain distances and can always not be meterburned to close the gap and force the opponent to expect the MB plus it has armor. IADM NEEDS a hitbox to be done and ONLY after a certain distance is it safe. If you're closer than that distance, even if its instant, it can then be punished.

For meter, CW doesn't have a hard time building it lbsh. In practically every MU she can whiff a high feline evade between zoning, or to evade zoning, or to just build meter while playing keep away. Her evade counts as a "true" special so it builds the meter of one unlike bracelets. WW while not meter dependent per say, also doesn't have a genuine way to build other than doing combos, or getting hit, or whiffing bracelets or lasso grab. Thing is, lasso grab would count as a "true" special and build the meter of one, but bracelets build like half of that. So you have to choose between the two; lasso grab for the meter but more frames before you can move, or bracelets which builds less meter but let's you move again faster.

So yeah...that's my two cents. WW takes less risks ONLY because she's plus on block so people naturally respect her "more" (there's still mashers regardless) but even though CW isn't plus on majority of her stuff, she still has follow up options even for when she's negative.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Catwoman's f+3 isn't 16 frames. The frame data is wrong. It's over 20.
Its 23f, same as her b3, which is still damn fast for that range and armor that can be added...

On the 16th frame is when she goes full crouch, then springs the fuck up in those 7f

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Other than CW's B3 and J2, everything else with her doesn't compare to WoWo. The only thing that's similar is their wakeup games are both meh.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Its 23f, same as her b3, which is still damn fast for that range and armor that can be added...

On the 16th frame is when she goes full crouch, then springs the fuck up in those 7f
Doesn't her armor activate on the 6th frame, 2 frames faster than any other character?

Wowo's F3 can cross up on knockdown though so I think it might be a wash.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Doesn't her armor activate on the 6th frame, 2 frames faster than any other character?

You're close. Selina's MB f+3 activates in 4 frames instead of the usual 5.

There's a few scenarios where she can armor through gabs no one else can with a MB b+3/f+3. :cool:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You're close. Selina's MB f+3 activates in 4 frames instead of the usual 5.

There's a few scenarios where she can armor through gabs no one else can with a MB b+3/f+3. :cool:
Ahh, I knew it was something like that. Good to know the frame data either way.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Having a hitbox as a requirement to do Instant Air anything is one of the biggest bills currently being sold right now. Maybe your character is too advanced for your near sighted brains of yours...or maybe you're not approaching a certain matchup right...whatever the case, it's not your controller's fault...it's YOU. Plain and simple.

/rant

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
1. Catwomans B3 and F3 are both negative.

2. You can interrupt her j1, and her j3 is very short ranged, its best used in the corner as a jump cross up or as a safe jump.

3. Catwomans cross up is a gimmick, and can get punished for a full combo, while Wonder Womans crossup leaves her plus if the opponent blocks correctly.

Catwoman is actually good, but she is definitely not better than Wonder Woman.

coolwhip

Noob
So we're downplaying frame traps because "there are mashers"? Uh, pretty sure "mashers" get full combo punished when you know what you're doing. Also "just block" a wake up attack is like the shallowest advice ever. Just block Kung lao's spin on wake-up too. I guess that makes it that move not a big deal. The fact is when you sit there and block WW is forcing you to respect her wake-up. The "just block" thing implies you're always making the right read and know when she'll wake up.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Sure I don't think Wonder Woman is as good as everyone says she is. But Catwoman sucks, I'm sorry that people suck at the matchup. Catwoman may be bottom 10. Wonder Woman is possibly top 10, the difference is rather apparent.

The Wonder Woman expert has spoken.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Jeez you'd think there's be better counter arguments here....

Yes there's mashers, so obviously you counter it the right way by frame trapping them. Point was that even though she's plus on block and allows for her to open people up with a 50/50, the gap is still big enough for it to be interrupted. But hey I guess when anything could be even +1 on block, makes you think they have the game. As well as anything negative even if its only -2 or -1, means that they HAVE to respect everything which is also not true. CW is a plain example of that itself(maybe its time to face some legit CW players to find that out for yourself), KF, MMH teleport as an example, amongst others. But hey, its TYM, plus and negative are just black and white, and frame data itself is irrelevant so long as its SIMPLY plus or negative. I wasn't complaining about my character, it was listing pros and cons between her and another. Maybe that's too advanced of an argument for your near sighted brain