What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
yeah.. but my point is just as your company is fucked.. doesn't mean you should be. Go buy some gloves and use them. Don't just say.. well they didn't give me gloves.. so stuff it and then complain constantly how you are not using gloves. At some point your just as guilty for not doing something so simple as buying them yourself. It is up to individuals to do what they can and be good people, in any time, but especially in times like these. When all is said and done it is your responsibility to be a good person.
I coulnt buy them, i was at work. Stayed home second day because alot of coworkers didnt do social distancing so wouldnt trust them that they washed their hands either. I used my working gloves for protection and threw them in the garbage after i was done. But seems like u dont get my point so stop replying if u gonna try to lecture me again about being a good person.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
So it seems they finally came to an agreement for the stimulus check here in America. If you made less than $75k in your 2018 tax returns from what I read, you will be receiving a $1,200 stimulus check.

My point is that when you work at a company that sells things that you can use when there is a global pandemic outbreak but doest provide any of those things to their workers except hand sanitizers, thats a major fuck up, especially when you work in foodbussiness thats provides food for groceries hospitals etc. And when some of your coworkers dont respect social distancing at all that sucks too.
It's really major fuck up. Companies seem to not even remotely understand basic hygiene and logic sometimes.

Lmao Trump wants your asses back to work by Easter!

“We lose...much more than that to automobile accidents, we didn’t call up the automobile companies and say stop making cars, we don’t want any cars anymore.”

M2Dave

Zoning Master
To him I wouldn't doubt it. But I'll stop here so as not to get reprimanded for bringing politics into the discussion.
I have promoted and supported this website for many years, but the rules on politics are nonsensical. Every issue, including COVID-19, relates to politics in some way, shape, or form. As far as those individuals who cannot cope with political discussions are concerned, nobody is forcing them to click on this thread in order to participate.

I don't know what Trump is thinking. It becomes painfully obvious that even when he has one of the nation's top advisers standing next to him, he can't understand even simple concepts like "contagious viruses spread exponentially" and "ending measures early = deaths".
He does understand the concepts, but he is a typical politician who is primarily preoccupied about getting reelected.

The real heroes during this pandemic are the men and women in the medical field. I read on Yahoo today that a medical school is letting students graduate early in order to help.

The Chinese government must be held accountable for allowing this virus to spread. The mainstream media is distracting the public with fraudulent controversies such as the political correctness of the term "the Chinese virus". Trumps has talked big on China to appease the base but will do absolutely nothing.

aj1701

Noob
My point is that when you work at a company that sells things that you can use when there is a global pandemic outbreak but doest provide any of those things to their workers except hand sanitizers, thats a major fuck up, especially when you work in foodbussiness thats provides food for groceries hospitals etc. And when some of your coworkers dont respect social distancing at all that sucks too.
The fact that you're still open is because they don't think it can be transmitted through food: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coronavirus-food-what-to-know_l_5e600d6bc5b644545ea4913b

My local government has been saying to be more worried about transmission via the containers the food comes in than the food itself.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME WILL SAVE EVERYONE!!!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have promoted and supported this website for many years, but the rules on politics are nonsensical. Every issue, including COVID-19, relates to politics in some way, shape, or form. As far as those individuals who cannot cope with political discussions are concerned, nobody is forcing them to click on this thread in order to participate.
The issue with politics in his thread is that one user, in particular, keeps posting misinformation and attacking anyone who isn't a part of the cult of Trump, and when anyone tries to correct them, they're presented with a great wall of text that no sane person will take the time to refute. It's dereailed the entire thread multiple times. Instead of being able to find useful information about the worldwide pandemic going on, you could only find novels about why "the dems" are to blame for every negative thing this person has experienced in their life. Thankfully all that garbage has been cleared out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We are now in state of emergency, no one is allowed outside in the next 28h for the next 15 days.

3 cases so far, all because the daughter of the secretary of defense refused to stay in quarrantine, now there is a chance more ppl are infected

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
But people need to live too.. Which requires everyone staying put long enough to the epidemic to be over before we put the conditions back into place that spread the virus.

Otherwise we'll be doing this whole thing again, and I'd rather not.
People die from economic hardship. Maintaining the economy(whatever you want to call it) is of paramount importance. I'm not telling you they should end the quarantine today but there has to be a balance between the extremes. Can't ignore the reality of the outbreak but you can't keep people inside for years and out of work.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
The fact that you're still open is because they don't think it can be transmitted through food: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coronavirus-food-what-to-know_l_5e600d6bc5b644545ea4913b

My local government has been saying to be more worried about transmission via the containers the food comes in than the food itself.
Yeah true, containers come from all over europe, but if nobody wears protectiongloves they all touch the containers so its kinda stupid to not have protection provided when they are not cleaning the containers they bring in. I would buy my own mask and plastic gloves but they cant be find anywhere online or in stores nearby espcially masks. And i know we sell plastic gloves too so thats kinda crazy.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't have a problem with discussions that are directly related to Covid-19 and happen to involve the government or political aspects. But when it becomes an excuse to shoehorn inflammatory opinions about stuff from 10 years ago that has no relevance to Coronavirus at all, I will step in to make sure this thread focuses on what it's supposed to be about.

That applies not just to politics, but also to anything tangential that distracts from what the topic of this thread actually is.

Let's keep this topic as a resource for people who want to discuss the virus and the current response to it; not as a dumping ground for people who want to fight about stuff that's irrelevant to what's going on right now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
what about dish washing gloves? Or work gloves at the hardware store?
I use the disposable ones then toss them immediately after I'm done shopping same for my folks. Then soak my hands in hand sanitizer, then once home use soap and water for as hot as I can stand it for 20 seconds. Vinyl, latex etc work fine. Whenever I go out to shop for food or get my medicine etc The necessities.

Itll take a long time to develop an actual vaccine to cure it, but it looks like theres buzz surrounding a few drugs that can speed up recovery and limit the symptoms
Yes!! This ^ and it does make a big difference, alot of other countries that are suffering worse than us(USA) don't have access to these drugs and medicines. Really sucks where I am, NYS makes up for literally half of USA cases....lovely, just love living in the most crammed city where everyone just has to travel all over the damn place. I'm hoping the heat from the summer will at LEAST slow it down, most viruses don't live as long in the hotter weather.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm not from the U.S. but just watched a bit of ABC News Live on YouTube now. It felt like I was watching a movie trailer.
Yeah, it’s really surreal. People are talking about it on the radio here, on the tv in stores, there are announcements on subway platforms and in the cars.. It’s like you can’t walk 2 feet without hearing about it, just like in a movie.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I'm hoping the heat from the summer will at LEAST slow it down, most viruses don't live as long in the hotter weather.
Can someone officially show this fool the door? I mean Jesus Christ.

1.) He's simply regurgitating the bullshit that our current President spouts:

“The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April,” Trump repeated later to a group of governors.

Right. Well it's currently mid 80s in Florida where it's spreading like wildfire, it's also hot in India (90°F) but yet they just locked their 1.3 billion down.

Weird right?

But it's 90°F there, why would they do this? If you still believe the April lie, then they only have to wait a mere 7 more days until the virus "miraculously" goes away!

Right. Because the man in charge is a dipshit that spouts lies constantly.

2/26/2020: Trump assured Americans at that February 26 news conference that the number of people infected in the United States is "going very substantially down, not up." Trump even bragged about the 15 cases at the time on US soil, claiming that "the 15, within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero."

We stand right now at roughly 66,000 cases.

Stop enabling the lies. Please.

MKF30

“The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April,” Trump repeated later to a group of governors.

Right. Well it's currently mid 80s in Florida where it's spreading like

But it's 90°F there, why would they do this? If you still believe the April lie, then they only have to wait a mere 7 more days until the virus "miraculously" goes away!

2/26/2020: Trump assured Americans at that February 26 news conference that the number of people infected in the United States is "going very substantially down, not up." Trump even bragged about the 15 cases at the time on US soil, claiming that "the 15, within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero."

You're the one posting lies....

So Please shut it already with your with ignorantly biased views. I've said nothing of trump number 1. lol yet this fool brings him up out of thin air, 2. Most people with half a brain knows most viruses live longer during the winter months. Cold, flu, bugs etc Were you born yesterday? Basic science kid. Look it up.

Funny Florida has LESS cases than colder states like NYC of cv, you lose. I also have friends and relatives in Florida, guess what one of them a nurse and already told me days ago there's far less cases down there than NYC....

Secondly, I didn't even mention trump lmao just keeps proving how bad you people suffer from TDS. Thank you for proving my point. You make it too easy, glad he triggers you though.

WHO was started by china if you believe them over the cdc you're not playing with a full deck. Especially now? Hahaha. You're hilarious. You'd probably believe china if they said trump was an alien created by the nazis...

I'm aware of the cases and has nothing to do with my post, I know most likely better than you. I live in NYC, we make for half the countries cases.

If you're going to come at me at least know what you're talking stead of stupid anti trump rhetoric...also learn to read please, I said imhopefully the warm weather will At LEAST slow it down...

Also, don't @ me anymore you're obviously a troll that laughs at people's posts half the time. You're on ignore, good bye now.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

Right. Well it's currently mid 80s in Florida where it's spreading like wildfire, it's also hot in India (90°F) but yet they just locked their 1.3 billion down.

Weird right?

You need to relax. He said he was “HOPING” the warm weather would at least “SLOW IT DOWN”. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with saying that dude. It COULD slow it down, we don’t know yet. People are equating it to seasonal illnesses like the flu (which to note, a pandemic is much different than a seasonal flu) and hoping that the warm weather will help. Again... hoping. It’s not out of the realm of possibility. True, there’s no evidence yet either way that it changing to spring then summer will have any effect on COVID-19, and that’s, again, why paying attention to key words is important.

You absolutely should not be expecting it to, for sure. But there’s definitely nothing wrong with hoping warm weather will have some kind of impact.

You're the one posting lies....

So Please shut it already with your with ignorantly biased views. I've said nothing of trump number 1. lol yet this fool brings him up out of thin air, 2. Most people with half a brain knows most viruses live longer during the winter months. Cold, flu, bugs etc Were you born yesterday? Basic science kid. Look it up.

Funny Florida has LESS cases than colder states like NYC of cv, you lose. I also have friends and relatives in Florida, guess what one of them a nurse and already told me days ago there's far less cases down there than NYC....

Secondly, I didn't even mention trump lmao just keeps proving how bad you people suffer from TDS. Thank you for proving my point. You make it too easy, glad he triggers you though.

Also stop posting fake news and mentioning trump already when its your precious dumbacrats who delayed the recent deal, everyone knows it except people like you apparently. Look it up, they wanted ridiculous irrelevant extra bs to seal the deal before they finally agreed yesterday. Give me a break. Since you want to talk about enabling lies.

WHO was started by china if you believe them over the cdc you're not playing with a full deck. Especially now? Hahaha. You're hilarious. You'd probably believe china if they said trump was an alien created by the nazis...

I'm aware of the cases and has nothing to do with my post, I know most likely better than you. I live in NYC, we make for half the countries cases.

If you're going to come at me at least know what you're talking stead of stupid anti trump rhetoric...also learn to read please, I said imhopefully the warm weather will At LEAST slow it down...
Let's not only give half of the picture here. Of course we know viruses have a harder time spreading in warmer more humid air but let's not pretend Florida is on the same level as NYC. The international travelers coming in and out of NYC on a daily basis can't be compared to Florida. Also NYC has a way more dense population in such a small area so there is no comparison there either. Florida is nice and spread out. I'm not a climate expert here but I would assume that California can be fairly warm this time of year and aren't they second place for most cases?

MKF30

This thread has opened my eyes to certain users on here who are intollerant phonies. Making good use of my ignore list tonight.

Let's not only give half of the picture here. Of course we know viruses have a hard time spreading in warmer more humid air but let's not pretend Florida is on the same level as NYC. The international travelers coming in and out of NYC on a daily basis can't be compared to Florida. Also NYC has a way more dense population in such a small area so there is no comparison there either. Florida is nice and spread out. I'm not a climate expert here but I would assume that California can be fairly warm this time of year and aren't they second place for most cases?
I know, but I would debate on the people coming in and out. NYC people come in and out all the time man, were literally the u.n. of the country in terms of nationalities people come and live here from all over, visit NYC sometime if you can down the line you'll see what I mean not to mention condensed as you've said. But that's also why I had said if were lucky it'll slow down, I never said definitely die or stop spreading ftr. This is very similar to the flu, cold etc in how we catch it, the symptoms etc just worse well to the older demographic at least and those with compromised health.

That's exactly my point regarding the rest of your post. Florida isn't as bad most states here aren't as nyc. Aside from florida being far more humid which is one of the main reasons why it's not the only reason why, obviously. NYC is far more crowded. Also people who go to FL are being 2 week quarantined if they're from ny, I don't blame them. Where I live, we have the highest cv rate however not the most total cases in the city by thorough, I live in the smallest one which in some ways good but many ways bad....

From what I understand Cali isn't as bad as ny, more wide spread, a bit warmer though to be fair they have other issues to deal with. We make up for half the countries cases, by that is which is nuts. Also I appreciate you being respectful which is more than I can day for some other users on here.

Last edited: