What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Zviko

Noob
Correction, the market itself is legal but they found many illegal wildlife trade as well. And it's a high possibility that the virus came from one of those. But they don't know which animal yet.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Calling it the "Chinese Virus" or "Wuhan Virus" is racist.
No argument. No dispute. It is racist.
It makes me (and everyone who is not racist) uncomfortable.
Do not normalize racism.
Do not say it.

If I were a mod I would ban whoever says this.
Fortunately, you are not a mod. Most people in the community prefer not to have their thoughts policed and examined for what you may or may not perceive as racism.

I've got the immune system of an ox so I really didn't give a fuck about this, then I remembered that my wife has asthma and I've been stressing out heavy ever since.
I have asthma too and I am also very concerned, but even if I were not asthmatic, I would be concerned for other individuals. I guess it is human nature to think of oneself first and others second. I fear the economic consequences of this virus almost as much as I fear the health effects. While I am doing well financially, some people will lose their jobs, get laid off, or be forced to work part time, which results in loss of health care benefits in the U.S.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Sorry to hear that.. But even if your loved ones didn’t, you could easily end up killing someone else who is maybe in a worse situation.

That’s why I don’t understand this “I’ll be fine, who cares unless it’s my family” attitude at all. That’s totally reckless and irresponsible. All of our actions right now have the potential to affect a lot of other people.

Hopefully everyone in your family gets through this ok.
Exactly this, and all the ppl losing their jobs etc is also not a big deal i guess.

Zviko

Noob
He’s wrong. It was a legal market and one of the biggest seafood markets in China.

And selling wild animals was banned only after the fact, not before the epidemic started.
Yeah I corrected myself. And yes they banned it completely after it started but some wild animal trade was illegal before too. Obviously all the endangered species at the top and god knows what else.

Wigy

There it is...
He’s wrong. It was a legal market and one of the biggest seafood markets in China.

And selling wild animals was banned only after the fact, not before the epidemic started.
Yeah lol this.

This is why I asked for the source as I knew it was absolute bullshit.

I fear the economic consequences of this virus almost as much as I fear the health effects. While I am doing well financially, some people will lose their jobs, get laid off, or be forced to work part time, which results in loss of health care benefits in the U.S.
In Canada too, lots of people are loosing there jobs here, lots of stuff shutting down. The economic impact gloabally is going to be huge.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Sorry to hear that.. But even if your loved ones didn’t, you could easily end up killing someone else who is maybe in a worse situation.

That’s why I don’t understand this “I’ll be fine, who cares unless it’s my family” attitude at all. That’s totally reckless and irresponsible. All of our actions right now have the potential to affect a lot of other people.

Hopefully everyone in your family gets through this ok.
I meant I didn't care on my behalf if I got it. I'm still staying trapped in my house to help out, but I wasn't worried about my health if I did get it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hellbringer, I have no agenda I'm just not a snowflake who can handle differences in views unlike others here...and I only call people out if they actually insult, there's a difference between insulting someone flat out and disagreeing respectfully....

Wait...did someone just say, they'd ban everyone if they were a mod for disagreeing or calling the virus what it is? lmao...edit nevermind it's that Sage kid lol. Not surprised. Yeah, I agree with the mods, this ladies and gentlemen are why not just any user are mods.

At least there's no misinformation now(other than internet stuff like drinking bleach and drinking warm water makes you immune" like what? ) lol that was kind of funny, now we can focus on a cure 24/7. Everyone will naturally be anxious and stressed over this.

This thread is a bit depressing tbh, I understand the concern, negativity, it's a crisis but there's nothing wrong with being positive either. It's just shame this will most likely be like previous crisis's like 9/11, illnesses etc where we come together now because we're forced to but then one this is over it'll go back to normal and those who work together now will be back at each others throats.:( But that's humanity

@Juxtapose that's unfortunate, it's affecting the entire world economically which sucks man. Hope you're ok up there.

It’s not over done — in fact it’s not enough. Tons of people still aren’t taking this seriously and it shows.

Not only is it about saving lives, but for many it’s about trying to save their livelihoods as well. The less seriously people take this and the longer this goes on, in addition to the deaths many lives and careers will be ruined.

I applaud the media for trying to get people to wake up and take precautions for what’s going on in advance. It’s the best we can do at this point. And if you had friends in Italy or another country that’s farther along than we are (I do) you’d understand.
It is in terms of scaring people, I'm talking about the msm. I'm aware the infectious rate is HIGH, but the SURVIVAL rate is also HIGH in most cases. I'm not saying to be careless, just saying don't let the media rule your life with fear. I don't approve of those kids in groups in florida on a beach I agree that's just dumb, but I'm also not for staying in your house 24/7. It's fine and legal to take a walk in the neighborhood or go food shopping(which you have to or you'd die of starvation)

The internet is just as good if not better actually for being informed than the news honestly, I don't mind some news outlets I'm very picky with them ones that tell everything and not just some things and all "doom and gloom" I can't watch those networks because for one they're not positive and two, not good for those already anxious, worried etc. I won't get into specific networks because there's so many literally but I do feel some do a good job, others a shitty job. But anyway...

I do understand and do have friends all over the world, and country as well as for the time staying together with my family who are in their 70's, who need my help with certain things physically. I have to watch where I go because I can carry it, but at the same time am not going to literally lock myself in my house 24/7 this is factually bad for your health unless it's 24/7 airborne which it is not in the air itself where everyone has no choice(which thank God isn't the case) there's nothing wrong with going out for fresh air with people in your home or alone.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It is in terms of scaring people, I'm talking about the msm. I'm aware the infectious rate is HIGH, but the SURVIVAL rate is also HIGH in most cases. I'm not saying to be careless, just saying don't let the media rule your life with fear. I don't approve of those kids in groups in florida on a beach I agree that's just dumb, but I'm also not for staying in your house 24/7. It's fine and legal to take a walk in the neighborhood or go food shopping(which you have to or you'd die of starvation)
The news isn't telling people not to go food shopping. They are telling people to minimize trips, avoid other people if possible, and not leave your house unless you have to (which is the proper advice).

And it's not their advice, it's straight from the WHO, CDC, etc. and the government.

MKF30

The news isn't telling people not to go food shopping. They are telling people to minimize trips, avoid other people if possible, and not leave your house unless you have to (which is the proper advice).

And it's not their advice, it's straight from the WHO, CDC, etc. and the government.
I know but saying alot of them like to cause fear in general, the msm tries to tell us sometimes what to do but like you said I listen to the CDC directly.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It astounds me how far the public trust is eroded in America. The media is not some kind of enemy, and it is a good source of information in most cases. It is the "new media" and "alternative media" that is mostly bullshit. People refusing to listen to legitimate sources, downplaying and believing the absolute shit spewing about the place, is why the US is in for a very bad time.

MKF30

The media used to be a reliable source talking before they became biased, it’s a joke now half the time or fake news. I don’t trust any msm I prefer to do my own internet homework and even then have to be careful of the source.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What happened? I went to the store recently saw some dude with a gas mask and a Lysol on him...
They were all rude as fuck and shooting everyone dirty looks, I was really on edge the whole time, it felt packed and hectic and wasn't even all that busy. The workers looked so miserable

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
At least there's no misinformation now(other than internet stuff like drinking bleach and drinking warm water makes you immune" like what? ) lol that was kind of funny, now we can focus on a cure 24/7. Everyone will naturally be anxious and stressed over this.

This thread is a bit depressing tbh, I understand the concern, negativity, it's a crisis but there's nothing wrong with being positive either. It's just shame this will most likely be like previous crisis's like 9/11, illnesses etc where we come together now because we're forced to but then one this is over it'll go back to normal and those who work together now will be back at each others throats.:( But that's humanity

@Juxtapose that's unfortunate, it's affecting the entire world economically which sucks man. Hope you're ok up there.

The internet is just as good if not better actually for being informed than the news honestly, I don't mind some news outlets I'm very picky with them ones that tell everything and not just some things and all "doom and gloom" I can't watch those networks because for one they're not positive and two, not good for those already anxious, worried etc. I won't get into specific networks because there's so many literally but I do feel some do a good job, others a shitty job. But anyway...

I do understand and do have friends all over the world, and country as well as for the time staying together with my family who are in their 70's, who need my help with certain things physically. I have to watch where I go because I can carry it, but at the same time am not going to literally lock myself in my house 24/7 this is factually bad for your health unless it's 24/7 airborne which it is not in the air itself where everyone has no choice(which thank God isn't the case) there's nothing wrong with going out for fresh air with people in your home or alone.
What? There is 100% still misinformation

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Omfg I just had to go to a grocery store and everyone acts like a disgusting degenerate
You just notice it more now lol. I was walking out of Best Buy and some guy walks in the exit door and coughs right as he walked by me. He wasn’t trying to be funny or be a dick, he was just casually clearing his shit like an idiot. My face turned mad sour and I almost went off, you can’t wait 2 seconds for me to pass you fucking asshole? I shook it off quick and kept walking before I fought in front of Best Buy for no fucking reason lol. This shit has people on edge. No wonder the government is turning fascistic, herd the idiots.

MKF30

What? There is 100% still misinformation
I mean cutdown compared to months ago but regarding th source and such, and th symptoms sadly ther will always be misinformation but we know a lot of factual information than before. Like don’t drink bleach lol

They were all rude as fuck and shooting everyone dirty looks, I was really on edge the whole time, it felt packed and hectic and wasn't even all that busy. The workers looked so miserable
Oh hmm sounds like nyc haha. That’s where I am. :eek:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You just notice it more now lol. I was walking out of Best Buy and some guy walks in the exit door and coughs right as he walked by me. He wasn’t trying to be funny or be a dick, he was just casually clearing his shit like an idiot. My face turned mad sour and I almost went off, you can’t wait 2 seconds for me to pass you fucking asshole? I shook it off quick and kept walking before I fought in front of Best Buy for no fucking reason lol. This shit has people on edge. No wonder the government is turning fascistic, herd the idiots.
It was one of those days where everyone stands in the middle of the aisle like a retard and you say a formality like "excuse me" just to not be a dick and then they just stare at you like they genuinely believe you're in the wrong when really you were just doing the bare minimum in terms of manners. So many fuckin meth heads in New Mexico man, figures they wouldn't be deterred to go out shopping, they obviously aren't that concerned for their health