What's new

Cool Livestream going on! Watch before it ends!

trufenix

bye felicia
They cost two meters if you cancel a normal or string into one.
However doing them raw costs no meter, and from the looks of it, some are pretty fast.
If you meter burn a raw one, it costs one meter and gives it some kind of armor.

I'm 100 percent sold on stage interactions, but transitions I could go either way.
I like them in theory, but some of them have pretty long ass animations.

EDIT: if I keep them on, I would gravitate towards stages with shorter ones, like Gotham, and ignore Metropolis and Wonder Woman's stage.
Yeah, but with darkstalkers health and like 0 mid-round footprint, matches are going to go lightning fast. Transitions may be the only break there is.

Treadmill

Champion
You can't tell me that the tournament scene won't turn stage transitions off, especially if there are any more as long as the transition from upper Themiscyra to lower.
I can tell you that 100% tournament players don't care if something looks dumb or the animation is too long. If its broken will be the only reason.

BrokenAngels00

Longtime Lurker
I can tell you that 100% tournament players don't care if something looks dumb or the animation is too long. If its broken will be the only reason.
Depends on if the animations wear down the timer. Zoners could win through timeouts if they just keep doing them.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Would people be cool, if when the stage interactions happens an option to vote to skip comes up
and every-time you do the same transitions the second time it auto skips?

in anyway, its abit of break to get ya compuser, since they cut out other things like breaks between rounds

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
I don't think they needed to stream a thing for you. You'll be button mashing your first day too.

Don't think you're entitled to anything.
Yeah, they didn't have to stream anything, but they did, they could have used their stream time to do something cool instead of just whiffing specials and doing random normals at long range.

And I doubt I'll be button mashing on my first day, I'll look at the combo list and come up with a little 20-something % bnb in 5 minutes of playing, or try different juggles, and try to chain my specials and cancel my normals.... Not mindlessly launch projectiles all day long.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
Dude they're there to win. Not entertain you at home on a stream, and I hate the word "spam", so I'm not even going to address that point. Haven't watched it yet, but I bet you can expect people to "spam" specials and "spam" combos, when Injustice: Gods Among Us releases, even at high level play. Smh!

There's more to fighting game than flashy combos and not blocking. Also you can't expect people to pop out fancy tech and combos on something 99% of the world hasn't even played.
That's the problem, you haven't watched it, so you don't really know what you're talking about. I know what you mean, I hate the term spam projectiles myself, WHEN people use it to refer to zoning. If you had watched it, you'd know. And this isn't a tournament they're not there to win, they're there to showcase the game, so yeah they are there to entertain me. They were mindlessly (and this is the real problem here) launching specials, and doing stupid crap all day long... I mean, they had a full hour, couldn't they go on the move list and try on some stuff? And see what the launchers were, and try to play it with just a lil wee bit of strategy?
Seriously, when I play a new fighting game, I try to string some normals, and cancel them into specials or something f***ing elementary and basic that ANY player should know how to do. This was horrible.

D

Deleted member 5032

So how did Deathstroke look? I hear he looked solid?
He looked fantastic; probably the strongest character I've seen so far. His normals were great; he had a really quick ground-bouncing overhead similar to Deadpool's flip kick from UMvC, and a quick standing low. His zoning was solid, and even interrupted Superman's super from sweep distance. He's got an awesome spinning aerial sword attack similar to Vergil's Lunar Phase. He reminded me a lot of Kabal, with his mix of incredible zoning and rushdown potential. I did see one of his whiffed gunshots get punished from about half-screen, though, so it's still up in the air exactly how safe he is. Overall I was incredibly impressed, and am pretty much sold on him being my day 1 main.

trufenix

bye felicia
Your reading comprehension is through the roof there, did you even watch the stream?
YOu must've missed the post where I said I didn't, but regardless, these guys were lucky enough to a) play the game early and b) put it on the internet for people to look at. None of us is in any position to judge what they did with their time.

I$AAC

Kombatant
He looked fantastic; probably the strongest character I've seen so far. His normals were great; he had a really quick ground-bouncing overhead similar to Deadpool's flip kick from UMvC, and a quick standing low. His zoning was solid, and even interrupted Superman's super from sweep distance. He's got an awesome spinning aerial sword attack similar to Vergil's Lunar Phase. He reminded me a lot of Kabal, with his mix of incredible zoning and rushdown potential. I did see one of his whiffed gunshots get punished from about half-screen, though, so it's still up in the air exactly how safe he is. Overall I was incredibly impressed, and am pretty much sold on him being my day 1 main.
THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO HEAR!!!!!!!!! I wonder if you can use his air gunshot like iAGB. I can't wait to watch the archives. And it's also refreshing to hear this from another Kano player. Do you know if his spinning sword works like an anti-air? Did they show his anti-airs at all?

D

Deleted member 5032

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO HEAR!!!!!!!!! I wonder if you can use his air gunshot like iAGB. I can't wait to watch the archives. And it's also refreshing to hear this from another Kano player. Do you know if his spinning sword works like an anti-air? Did they show his anti-airs at all?
From the looks of it, his spinning sword attack will verge on broken as an anti-air. Though to be fair, it looks like most of the cast have incredibly anti-airs at their disposal. I can't see jumping ever being a good idea in this game.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
HCF is the kanoball input. That's the only input of its kind in mk9.

Edit: I forgot that it does indeed have diagonal inputs so maybe it will be the same in Injustice? (As in the input wouldn't change?)
I hated kano balls... whenever I got him on random select, I would just roll my thumb all around the dpad and hope for the best. lmao

And idk if it's been pointed out before, but if you're doing a super when the opponent is almost out of their first bar of life. The damage doesn't carry over... so... don't waste a super at the end of a bar. (Superman did this to catwoman when she only had a sliver left. So he wasted for bars for what he could've done with a laser eye beam lol)

Lawl I thought you guys were just going to wait for the archive. Yeah, I'll get what I have uploading now and I'll post it up in about a half hour when it's processed and stuff.

PS please tag me/quote me if you're asking me something so i can be sure to see the reply lol

half hour guys, just remember i only have the last 15min or so, i did not get the whole thing

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Yeah the stream was awful, but it was better than nothing. The reason it was awful is because they made the game look terrible. But it's like day negative 20 something, so it's understandable they wouldn't know how to do anything. The problem is they didn't seem to be trying to do anything but projectiles, so yeah.

AssassiN

Warrior
People were expecting high level stuff like they have been playing the game for months.
However it just seemed like buttonmashing for the most part.