What's new

Cool Livestream going on! Watch before it ends!

Arkham/Joker asylum and Wayne Manor Day/Night: same stages with different hazards?
That'd be my guess. And it looks like they do indeed give you options on where in the stage you fight, which is good, especially for you tournament players who'll probably turn the stage transitions off. :p

injustice Hoz

Hozzy Boy Sr.
was martian manhunter very detailed in that video? because i still think there will be unlockable characters on disc i bet we have 28 before dlc comes out the same amount as mk9.

Treadmill

Champion
That'd be my guess. And it looks like they do indeed give you options on where in the stage you fight, which is good, especially for you tournament players who'll probably turn the stage transitions off. :p
Transitions won't be off. I promise. Ppl aren't going to turn off more offensive options. Especially ones that lead to un-clashable(? Lol) damage.

Edit: I'm referring to tournament players. Only reason thetll be off is if they are broken somehow

Yeah but on the mk style doing a diagonal does not have any effect on your df motion, or whatever. it simply ignores the diagonal and doesn't create any need for it

i guess it doesn't make a big difference for a lot of players, but i'm on hitbox personally. It makes a huge difference for me, i don't want any diagonals because there are too many ways my fingers could move sub-optimally under a pressure situation and i'd miss a diagonal somewhere. might not be a problem for traditional stick players, but keyboard/hitbox players will find MK style as a godsend lol

Also i was so goddamn happy to see the inputs for Joker's close, mid, and far chattering teeth. They were all the same input, but the mid and far ones simply had an extra direction added on the end after the button press. That's amazing, so now all your distance-specific moves have the same input with a minor change at the very end. Just like I begged for in a thread a long time ago.

I like to tihnk that NRS did this exclusively for me. <3

Treadmill

Champion
I feel like if the Dpad was just bigger, my thumb wouldn't accidentally hit down when I do BF moves. It's not really that bad because the problem only occurs when the character has a DF and a BF move with the same button input (like Jade).
The Xbox dpad sucks for me because its just another anoalog with a cross hair on it. The ps pads offer truly independent directional buttons, so if you get a wrong input you know it was you, and not because the dpad wobbled

I don't expect high level footage, I expect someone who isn't button mashing and spamming specials all day long. They could try different combo inputs and stop doing the same s*** with the same f***ing characters.
Dude they're there to win. Not entertain you at home on a stream, and I hate the word "spam", so I'm not even going to address that point. Haven't watched it yet, but I bet you can expect people to "spam" specials and "spam" combos, when Injustice: Gods Among Us releases, even at high level play. Smh!

There's more to fighting game than flashy combos and not blocking. Also you can't expect people to pop out fancy tech and combos on something 99% of the world hasn't even played.

The Xbox dpad sucks for me because its just another anoalog with a cross hair on it. The ps pads offer truly independent directional buttons, so if you get a wrong input you know it was you, and not because the dpad wobbled
the ps3 d-pad feels good, xbox d-pad alwzys leaves my thumb with a painful sensation

Treadmill

Champion
Also i was so goddamn happy to see the inputs for Joker's close, mid, and far chattering teeth. They were all the same input, but the mid and far ones simply had an extra direction added on the end after the button press. That's amazing, so now all your distance-specific moves have the same input with a minor change at the very end. Just like I begged for in a thread a long time ago.

I like to tihnk that NRS did this exclusively for me. <3
Man that's awesome! I didn't notice

Treadmill

Champion
i own mk9 on both system & i find using the xbox controller more comfortable & never had any problems with my inputs.
That's cool, I know certain ppl prefer it but I just hate it. I ordered a converter for Xbox to use a ps2 pad, plus o use a converter on p3 to use a ps2 pad just because I prefer the old r2 and l2 buttons over the ps3 ones

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
True, but I've seen fightpads with good reviews that had the same style of dpad as the xbox. The ps3 controller is probably miles better for MK, though.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
What's the MK equivalency of DD moves and HCF?
HCF is the kanoball input. That's the only input of its kind in mk9.

Edit: I forgot that it does indeed have diagonal inputs so maybe it will be the same in Injustice? (As in the input wouldn't change?)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
the only difference between MK and SF styles is that SF adds diagonals making your inputs harder, i have no idea why anyone would pick that over MK.
I honestly think it's just so they can identify it easier when talking about it. Like they can say the HCF, QCF etc. There doesn't seem to be any discernible advantage of one over the other.

I honestly think it's just so they can identify it easier when talking about it. Like they can say the HCF, QCF etc. There doesn't seem to be any discernible advantage of one over the other.
Only difference is you can do specials from crouch w/o having to return to 5, unlike, MK.

If you have a move that is QCF, and you're cr.blk, you can cr.hcf into your special.

Transitions won't be off. I promise. Ppl aren't going to turn off more offensive options. Especially ones that lead to un-clashable(? Lol) damage.

Edit: I'm referring to tournament players. Only reason thetll be off is if they are broken somehow
You can't tell me that the tournament scene won't turn stage transitions off, especially if there are any more as long as the transition from upper Themiscyra to lower.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
No one knows dude, no one has said anything. Transitions require meter it's not free, so don't expect to see them much.
They cost two meters if you cancel a normal or string into one.
However doing them raw costs no meter, and from the looks of it, some are pretty fast.
If you meter burn a raw one, it costs one meter and gives it some kind of armor.

I'm 100 percent sold on stage interactions, but transitions I could go either way.
I like them in theory, but some of them have pretty long ass animations.

EDIT: if I keep them on, I would gravitate towards stages with shorter ones, like Gotham, and ignore Metropolis and Wonder Woman's stage.