What's new

Convince me to get Zatanna over Manhunter.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
yeah I can agree, honestly if his chain dash were just invincible on wake-up like most everyone else's junk is, he would be set. Add maybe a hitbox change since it doesn't AA as well as it should. To overbuff it, make it an overhead starter so he can 50/50 people from half-screen and I'll pick him up as a second xD

Its like f.throw -> jump-> mic grab xx thwack -> double jump -> mic grab xx thwack -> land then short hop -> mic grab xx thwack -> land -> mic grab into f.throw repeat.
Its all neutral commands, so it comes out f.throw -> X -> O/\ -> X -> O/\ -> x -> O/\ -> O f.throw

If you do it right, you'll avoid the AP burst entirely.

People are sheep and idiots. What can ya do, ya know?

Do a 223-smoke in mirrors (left or right), then teleport over the downed enemy with Zatanna.

Watch them try to do a wakeup/guess which way to block when there are clones standing on the left and right side of the character on the ground.

Zatanna can do that as a combo end, potentially leading into another combo that does it again if they guess wrong. She's that awesome.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I think they'll both be on the same level, with zatanna having a more complex learning curve than manhunter, so it depends on your play style and atheistics, personally i prefer zatanna ;)

yeah I can agree, honestly if his chain dash were just invincible on wake-up like most everyone else's junk is, he would be set. Add maybe a hitbox change since it doesn't AA as well as it should. To overbuff it, make it an overhead starter so he can 50/50 people from half-screen and I'll pick him up as a second xD

Its like f.throw -> jump-> mic grab xx thwack -> double jump -> mic grab xx thwack -> land then short hop -> mic grab xx thwack -> land -> mic grab into f.throw repeat.
Its all neutral commands, so it comes out f.throw -> X -> O/\ -> X -> O/\ -> x -> O/\ -> O f.throw

If you do it right, you'll avoid the AP burst entirely.

People are sheep and idiots. What can ya do, ya know?

Yeah I find thats pretty much his biggest problem, the only difference between him and someone like Bane or Grundy is that they have a decent way to get in (Bane charge/Grundy swamp hands)

While Lobo's charge is good for getting in the faulty armor frames need to be fixed so it can be as reliable as the others

webreg

Noob
Manhunter is "stronger" because he is easier and more straight forward to use. Success is not only about tools and potential. It is also about usability. Zatanna is exactly like Catwoman but with Magic. You have to work way, way harder to get your damage and your wins. Zatanna also has to rely on gimmicks in order to outplay the current high tier characters and I'm quite sure that she will eventually be exactly as popular as Catwoman/Harley are now maybe even less so.

Manhunter is "stronger" because he is easier and more straight forward to use. Success is not only about tools and potential. It is also about usability. Zatanna is exactly like Catwoman but with Magic. You have to work way, way harder to get your damage and your wins. Zatanna also has to rely on gimmicks in order to outplay the current high tier characters and I'm quite sure that she will eventually be exactly as popular as Catwoman/Harley are now maybe even less so.

Implying catwoman is super hard to play lol

Sorry couldn't resist xD

SODA n SOAP

OOOGMF
I was on the same boat as you. I went with Zatanna. Shes seems like more of a challenge to master, but has sooo much potential. Every MMH player I come across SPAMS that low grab or teleports the entire match. Go with Zatanna!

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
To be honest Zatana is an execution heavy character. If you want an easy character to play play F23man..err..Superman.

webreg

Noob
Implying catwoman is super hard to play lol
Sorry couldn't resist xD
Straw man argument. Nobody said or implied CatWoman is "super hard to play". I only implied, that she is more execution heavy than the current high tier characters. And I'm implying as well that one reason why the current high tier characters are just that is their ease of usage. And that's why I assume Zatanna will not be there at least not until some high execution player chooses her an spends a lot of time perfecting his game.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
MMH is the best DLC by miles. It's no contest.

MMH can't be zoned and he can zone you all day. MMH also has a plethora of tools that rivals no other user in the cast. :confused: MMH has no losing matches and may end up being toned down in the future (if NRS is bright). And to ice everything on the cake... he is also very user friendly and easy to spam with.
You have got to be shitting me. His is not user friendly at all! His projectiles and combo execution are extremely strict. You are correct in the fact he doesn't have to worry about zoning as much but his zoning is very advanced. Try learning the MU first.

Edit: sorry got carried away with icecrybabys comments. I think if you prefer flashy combos MMH is the better choice, zatanna is still new but looks more zoning and gimmick based. Whichever play style suits you best

Straw man argument. Nobody said or implied CatWoman is "super hard to play". I only implied, that she is more execution heavy than the current high tier characters. And I'm implying as well that one reason why the current high tier characters are just that is their ease of usage. And that's why I assume Zatanna will not be there at least not until some high execution player chooses her an spends a lot of time perfecting his game.

Lol at this, what arguement? I'm simply pointing out that catwoman isn't very hard to play, no need to get defensive :p

Inb4 an "i'm not getting defensive!" type reply

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
*Sigh*. I guess I'll get both and play them both to see who resonates with me. I have the funds for both of them, that's not the issue, it's just that Canary might be coming out soon and I just really wanted to get one first before the other. It's not a big deal or problem though. Just a tad bit inconvenient for reasons I won't get into. Thanks a lot guys.

I was also lying before with my Lobo threat: Lobo was the first DLC character I bought. ;)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To be fair, a package of string cheese is more execution heavy than the current high tiers.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Convince you? How about I do the opposite by suggesting trading or selling your copy of Injustice.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
MMH if you want a straight forward character & not challenging to master.
Zatanna is tricky but damn much fun to play with.