What's new

Convince me to get Zatanna over Manhunter.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Hello comrades. I've been on the fence about which of the two DLCs I should purchase. Knowing my love for Injustice, I'll eventually get both, but as for now, I intend to invest a lot of time into one of the characters because I want my next co-main to be either MMH or Zatanna.

I know what forum I'm on, so I ask you to please be objective:
Who is better overall?
Who has fewer bad MUs/who has great MUs?
Ease of use?
Who fares better against the following?
-Superman
-Black Adam
-Green Lantern
-Hawkgirl
-Lex
-Aquaman
Who is more 'fun'?
Who is more versatile?

etc. etc.

Guys I beseech you. For if I cannot make up my mind by tomorrow....I fear I will purchase....*gulp*

Lobo...

Icebaby

Ice Queen
MMH is the best DLC by miles. It's no contest.

MMH can't be zoned and he can zone you all day. MMH also has a plethora of tools that rivals no other user in the cast. :confused: MMH has no losing matches and may end up being toned down in the future (if NRS is bright). And to ice everything on the cake... he is also very user friendly and easy to spam with.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
MMH is the best DLC by miles. It's no contest.

MMH can't be zoned and he can zone you all day. MMH also has a plethora of tools that rivals no other user in the cast. :confused: MMH has no losing matches and may end up being toned down in the future (if NRS is bright).
You said he can't be zoned yet I zoned one today.

So odd.

I also had one that tried to zone me, and using Zatanna I teleported behind him and pulled out a combo.

Also odd.

Rickyraws

....The two first responses conflicting each other.

I'm already conflicted, hence the thread.

FML Lobo here I come ;_;

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
....The two first responses conflicting each other.

I'm already conflicted, hence the thread.

FML Lobo here I come ;_;
You could always look up some videos on Youtube having the characters in an actual match, then make your decision.

If you choose Lobo then that's wasted money.

Rickyraws

You could always look up some videos on Youtube having the characters in an actual match, then make your decision.

I wanted to hear from people who have put significant time into her. In videos of her doing well, you wouldn't think she was a difficult character to use, however Sabin and others have been constantly mentioning that she's hard. That's something I would have liked detail from players on as opposed to watching matches. This is because, quite frankly, both of them look fun and fitting to my playstyle on videos.

Icebaby

Ice Queen

Lobo wasted money? Lobo is one of the very few characters that takes studies and skill to win with. If anything, I'd say Lobo is good for wellness of one's brain development. :)

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
My dear, you need to play the ones that know what they're doing. ;)
Ehh. I've seen, and fought many MMH players, and they don't look like they could win every match. Maybe a tournament player would change my mind.

I wanted to hear from people who have put significant time into her. In videos of her doing well, you wouldn't think she was a difficult character to use, however Sabin and others have been constantly mentioning that she's hard. That's something I would have liked detail from players on as opposed to watching matches. This is because, quite frankly, both of them look fun and fitting to my playstyle on videos.
She's hard to learn. If you're looking for a player that you can just pick up and play like Batman, then she's not your character. Neither is Lobo. I'm pretty sure you can't just pick up and play MMH either. All of the DLC characters require time in order to be good with them.

Rickyraws

Ehh. I've seen, and fought many MMH players, and they don't look like they could win every match.

She's hard to learn. If you're looking for a player that you can just pick up and play like Batman, then she's not your character. Neither is Lobo. I'm pretty sure you can't just pick up and play MMH either. All of the DLC characters require time in order to be good with them.

I had bought MMH right before my PS3 took a crap. I took it into get fixed and just got it back in time to get Zatanna. Last night was the first time I really had the chance to play both characters. So, I played through a couple battles with each character. My initial impression is that both characters are really good. Both of them have A LOT of special moves, more special moves than average. For me personally, MMH was more fun to play, although this could change over time. Zatanna is VERY complicated, she has A LOT of special moves, probably more than anyone else in the game. When you activate her trait, there is a whole other set of moves and change in play style. Think Raven, but twice as complex. So, I am confident in saying MMH is easier to use. For me, Zatanna is going to take a lot more work to figure out than MMH. That said, because she has so many options, maybe more options than anyone else in the cast, I would say that Zatanna is more versatile. Then again, I only had about an hour with each, so my opinion could change later today. Hope this helps.

Rickyraws

Thanks for the input guys. I don't really care about complex. Easy to use, hard to use, it makes no difference. I mained Sheeva in MK9, and while I knew Mileena, Kung Lao, Sub Zero, Jax, Lui Kang and Kitana, I got most of my wins with Sheeva. Against non-retard opponents and without tele spam. Something like 1400-180 with her alone, even though she's the slowest and easily had 7-3 and 8-2 MU's.

If Zatanna is hard to use, I welcome the challenge. I just want to know who seems more of a strong character, though at this point it looks like everyone is pointing to Manhunter. It's WAAAAY to early to tell though, which is why I'm still on the fence.

Well imo Zod has been the best DLC character followed closely by Lobo (not in terms of viability)

But between those 2 i would say get MMH, his design is very unique, hes very fun to play, has good beginner and advanced combos

Now ignore these ppl that say "oh hes broken, he'll end up getting nerfed, he has no bad match ups etc" That just isn't true, he hasn't been out long enough for ppl to actually know that, I mean hell, we're still trying to figure out Zod completely, but IMO MMH is a more interesting character.

Lobo is in no way wasted money! :eek:

Lobo is incredibly fun to play, and he actually is a decently viable grapple style character, i'm sure once he gets some buffs that NRS has been promising he'll be an easy mid tier

Hes very fun and takes time to learn to play properly, not to mention he's no where near as bad as ppl say (worst in the game? not a chance)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
First off, Icebaby is pretty well known to be a closet idiot. MMH loses to pretty much anyone with armor, and as far as "losing MUs" goes he has as many as most people. He also has some good MUs but Batgirl has more because she doesn't get crapped on by armor.

That in mind, Zatanna is boring and stale, while MMH has enough set-ups and whatnot to play any way you could want. He has a really great make-a-combo system that allows for a lot of diversity in his strings, and both of them lose to the same set of people so I could highly recommend MMH as he is one of the most fun characters the game has to offer (I'd say Lobo is more fun but that's just me).

To that note: sling1414, you shame me for not picking Parappa in PSASBR, however I can almost forgive you for having Bane on your IJ list.

First off, Icebaby is pretty well known to be a closet idiot. MMH loses to pretty much anyone with armor, and as far as "losing MUs" goes he has as many as most people. He also has some good MUs but Batgirl has more because she doesn't get crapped on by armor.

That in mind, Zatanna is boring and stale, while MMH has enough set-ups and whatnot to play any way you could want. He has a really great make-a-combo system that allows for a lot of diversity in his strings, and both of them lose to the same set of people so I could highly recommend MMH as he is one of the most fun characters the game has to offer (I'd say Lobo is more fun but that's just me).

To that note: sling1414, you shame me for not picking Parappa in PSASBR, however I can almost forgive you for having Bane on your IJ list.

Agree with this entire post, and props for saying anything positive about Lobo! So sad to see ppl hate on such a fun character xD

I actually did play Parappa for a while, but I eventually dropped him just cuz i found other characters to be more fun :p

And yes, Bane is awesome :D

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Martian will probably end up being an over all better character. Just because he's more solid all around. Zatanna has a lot of tricks and gimmicks but she's very reliant on the opponent respecting your mix up. She's been super fun in the lab though and I'm sure she'll be amazing to play. Way too many tools to consider though. It's hurting my brain playing theory fighter with all the possibilities for mix ups.

From what I've been reading in forums supposedly zatanna is hard to execute moves with online if that means anything to you.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Agree with this entire post, and props for saying anything positive about Lobo! So sad to see ppl hate on such a fun character xD

I actually did play Parappa for a while, but I eventually dropped him just cuz i found other characters to be more fun :p

And yes, Bane is awesome :D
Lobo isn't as bad as people say. He is like the old Bane, people say he is bottom simply because other people do, but his mid-range control is some of the best and his dash is amazing. His damage potential is also pretty ballin, and his oki is pretty crazy considering he can do it from 3 CLs away. If he gets buffed to let his dash roll go under projectiles or his chain dash becoming a safe wake-up option I can't see him being anything less than the middle.

You apparently haven't seen my stuff then, Parappa has like wall infinites and best part is I can do them one handed. I showed it off at a PSASBR tourney in Baltimore and I was eating nachos with one hand and slapping Kratos with an infinite with the other.

I'm aware :cool:

Lobo isn't as bad as people say. He is like the old Bane, people say he is bottom simply because other people do, but his mid-range control is some of the best and his dash is amazing. His damage potential is also pretty ballin, and his oki is pretty crazy considering he can do it from 3 CLs away. If he gets buffed to let his dash roll go under projectiles or his chain dash becoming a safe wake-up option I can't see him being anything less than the middle.

You apparently haven't seen my stuff then, Parappa has like wall infinites and best part is I can do them one handed. I showed it off at a PSASBR tourney in Baltimore and I was eating nachos with one hand and slapping Kratos with an infinite with the other.

I'm aware :cool:

The only thing that I would really love to see fixed about Lobo is the fact that his wake ups SUCK when they really shouldn't, his charge could be the perfect wake up but because the armor activates late it gets stuffed easily, i think fixing that alone will do wonders for the main man :)

LOL thats awesome, would love to see that xD

I remember when ppl said bane was bad and im sitting there with my 80% Bane win rate going wait what? O_O xD