What's new

Congratulations to Slips!

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.

Congratulations Slips What happened in min 9:35 ???? lost 1 bar or spear ex fail? one combo and Slips win :(
I tried ex spear and got the meter drain glitch. But after watching the vid, Dizzy made the proper adjustments and I didn't. Gotta give'em his props.

Mad thanks to all of you. Its nice to have such awesome support. I love this community and how fun everyone makes it. Getting respect and props from all you guys is half the reason I play this game. Its great.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I tried ex spear and got a normal spear. I was actually really salty about it lol. But after watching the vid, Dizzy made the proper adjustments and I didn't. Gotta give'em his props.

Mad thanks to all of you. Its nice to have such awesome support. I love this community and how fun everyone makes it. Getting respect and props from all you guys is half the reason I play this game. Its great.
They said on stream you were planning on switching characters. No need to say who he/she is. But is it true?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
They said on stream you were planning on switching characters. No need to say who he/she is. But is it true?
Honestly, I think I've showed people the most true way you can make Scorpion tournament viable. There are other characters out there that have good potential that haven't been exposed. So right now, i'm torn between sticking with the Scorpion slot machine or showing off what some other characters are capable of.

Honestly, I think I've showed people the most true way you can make Scorpion tournament viable. There are other characters out there that have good potential that haven't been exposed. So right now, i'm torn between sticking with the Scorpion slot machine or showing off what some other characters are capable of.
Honestly Slips the only secondary that seems to fit your play style is Rain IMO.

Matix218

Get over here!
I know you were playing some ermac from time to time, any chance of seeing you play him in future tournaments? Great performance at ufgt BTW man! Beyond impressive

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I think it goes without saying it would be great if you could do both.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
you gotta join to the skarlet army
you're a lord of reading too, you and that character would do very well for sure

NariTuba

disMember
Your Scorpion is a blast to watch, by far the hypest stuff in that tournament. But honestly, I sometimes do wish you had more tools at your disposal... we entered the age of footsies and to see you understanding that but applying it with f4 and b2 seems like a waste of talent at times. Its weird... like you force your chess opponent to play checkers, tho you are chess master yourself.

If your getting a vibe on some other character I say go for it. Devote a little bit of your time to it, trust me, all you need to practice with Scorpion is staying fresh... you pretty much fleshed that bitch out as far as it will go. Maybe pull this new character out for a test drive in pools vs some begginer and start loggin in some flight time.

Either way, we shall cheer for you sir!

Enenra

Go to hell.
I tried ex spear and got a normal spear. I was actually really salty about it lol. But after watching the vid, Dizzy made the proper adjustments and I didn't. Gotta give'em his props.

You deserve all the support you get man. I love watching you play, you add so much tech to the Scorpion kommunity, and I love hearing all your crazy shit on KTP. You da beeesssss

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I tried ex spear and got the meter drain glitch. But after watching the vid, Dizzy made the proper adjustments and I didn't. Gotta give'em his props.

Dude, seriously. From KTP, to Mr. Hazashi, you're my favorite player in this community hands down. I'm an older cat too, and you've inspired a scrub like me to keep doing this and refuse to give in to normality and be proud to love a game like I love this one. Shout outs to nerds pushing 30 and being fucking proud of it! Keep it up man, you're an inspiration and easily the most likeable person in this community. You deserve every bit of props and success you get.

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Slips you have really inspired me to level up my game and bring my ass out to tournaments. Watching you play is really entertaining and the reads you make are just fucking sick. You quitting sucks ass.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
You've always seemed like a player who sticks with characters they enjoy. So, are you still having fun playing Scorpion, or are you feeling bored with him at this point? Obviously, if its the latter, switch it up.

And wait people, whats all this talk about Slips quitting?...

I couldn't disgree more, throw a character like Kung Lao in Slips hands and see what happens
Kung Lao? Scorpion lacks an advancing normal that's fast enough to close the gap, good advantage on hit of pokes, safe specials, and unsafe whiff punishers. Rain can make up for everything that Scorpion lacks, not to mention he has better pressure oh and it's SAFE. I'm sure that would be a breath of fresh air for slips.

There are 3 reasons why Rain is a better pick than KL:
- better damage
- always safe on block
- can be played similar to Scorpion