What's new

General/Other Congrats to Playing to W1n the Sinestro of America!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I play with Matt all the time and it was good to see him stick it to the haters this weekend.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As you would say, it's because the player is good. The character is still mediocre.
Fool, you have some explaining to do.

You claimed Sinestro was the "7th best character" in the game before the push block tech was ever discovered. Fast forward to the day after SCR, you have been saying that Sinestro is "mediocre" ever since. Explain.

Also, in the stream chat, you posted "Zod is the game's only viable zoning character". How can an "overrated" character be the game's only viable zoning character?

The NRS community wonders, can you justify your arguments or are you still emo because of SCR?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3

You claimed Sinestro was the "7th best character" in the game before the push block tech was ever discovered. Fast forward to the day after SCR, you have been saying that Sinestro is "mediocre" ever since. Explain.

Also, in the stream chat, you posted "Zod is the game's only viable zoning character". How can an "overrated" character be the game's only viable zoning character?

The NRS community wonders, can you justify your arguments or are you still emo because of SCR?
I have seen the blue print to beating Sinestro. It will become extremely difficult for him to win. I do think Zod is overrated in that he is not top 5 as you and Pig claim. That doesn't make him a bad zoner though. IDK, I don't like the direction the character is taking. In MUs that he can't zone in he pretty much has to resort to his scrappy rushdown game, which I don't like because 1) rushdown bores me and 2) If I am going to play rushdown, then why wouldn't I choose somebody like the Flash or Batman?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
A week before the tech was found... Wound was in a podcast, he was happy about the character and he said he was top 10.
The tech was found and Sinestro became top 3.
The tech was patched.
Now Sinestro is mediocre.

WUT?

Congrats to P2W he did amazing with his character! And he proved that Sinestro is NOT close to being mediocre.

He's still a huge fucking asshole that has zero people skills.

The fact that people stop hating on someone like P2W or Me when we place top 8 despite us being assholes is sad as fuck.
Dude, what the fuck? we're talking about gameplay here, assholishness has NOTHING to do with your performance, people are giving him props for his great performance in the tournament, yes he is an asshole and yes you are an asshole but that has nothing to do with your accomplishments, this is a congratulations thread, if you have nothing nice to say please leave.

Anyways, props P2W for getting top 4 with mid tier sinestro.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I have seen the blue print to beating Sinestro. It will become extremely difficult for him to win. I do think Zod is overrated in that he is not top 5 as you and Pig claim. That doesn't make him a bad zoner though. IDK, I don't like the direction the character is taking. In MUs that he can't zone in he pretty much has to resort to his scrappy rushdown game, which I don't like because 1) rushdown bores me and 2) If I am going to play rushdown, then why wouldn't I choose somebody like the Flash or Batman?
Zod is a superior Sinestro, but that is another discussion.

When P2W and I were telling you that Sinestro has issues against low hitbox characters because he cannot zone them, you ignored and dismissed our point and said "just charge trait".

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
wound and p2w are both great players, this whole character of america thing shouldn't be relevant when they are both doing well. mods with more stupid threads, who are you to judge the character of america when you went to one major and got bodied @STB Shujinkydink ? p2w even got on the mic and said that he doesn't care.. still props to p2w for doing very well
You lost your right to talk shit to dink when you challenged him, he accepted, and you didnt show up. Until you show up, shut up

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood

Sinestro sucks, Cowboy is almost 100% accurate in what he is saying about the character and all of you will look stupid in a few months. He looks good because there are like 5 people who actually know the match up. Stay free bitches.

GGA Max

It is funny how soon people forget all the shit talk after KIT when someone does good at a tournament.
This is true, he was called a scrub in terms of gameplay after he went 0-2 at KiT. Those haters absolutely DO need to hold this. Am I one of them? Actually I am on record being nervous about playing him, I never really underestimated him, but that could be because his character beats mine.

Then there are other haters who hate on his personality. Alleging he is racist, homophobic, hateful, superior to "scrubs of TYM," launches personal attacks, etc. They don't really have to hold anything until he donates to charity or becomes a priest or something:DOGE

Anyway, good job getting 4th with a mediocre character.