What's new

General/Other Congrats Smokex

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
just watched his set with Reo, holy shit, so entertaining.

his match win at 5:04:40.. he could have babied Reo if he wanted :eek:

I really don't understand some of the people on this site or maybe I'm not realizing sarcasm in typed form.

Can't we all as a community be happy about the fact that yet another online player has come out of the woodwork and showed up at an offline tournament? And not just a local one, but one that is considered a major? And he aparently was not the only one as I saw some people on the chat syaing that Milky Situation is another online player who wanted to try out his skills vs the offline players.

Do these guys have to have some forum presence like Curbolicious did before he went to MLG to get some respect or something?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/318840536

5:05:00 is the beginning of their set, got yo back Gooby.
after watching the matches, xsmokex played really great against REO. That combined with a few lucky breaks almost produced a win over REO. most notably REO's failure to hit confirm almost every single time off of NDC pressure and the random ass jump in punch on the round that was flawless. Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it and go for it and it worked out.

After the second match REO got scared of getting hit because of how much health he lost off the double reset, instead of the other way around where after the first match I get scared to do anything against Kabal. It's all about first impressions.

I TOLD YOU ALL HE NEEDS THE RESET.

Espio

Kokomo
Mad respect to xSmokex for a stunning performance, was very hype and exciting.

Also, can we please give it a rest? Everytime a major/tournament is over we have to question its legitamacy....it really sucks when people devote time, money, and energy into supporting the scene and people still get their success watered down for essentially no reason.

SZSR

Noob
after watching the matches, xsmokex played really great against REO. That combined with a few lucky breaks almost produced a win over REO. most notably REO's failure to hit confirm almost every single time off of NDC pressure and the random ass jump in punch on the round that was flawless. Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it and go for it and it worked out.

After the second match REO got scared of getting hit because of how much health he lost off the double reset, instead of the other way around where after the first match I get scared to do anything against Kabal. It's all about first impressions.

I TOLD YOU ALL HE NEEDS THE RESET.
Yeah I feel the threat of that damage was the only thing that kept REO from sitting on that meter for :en wakeup spins and just armoring through xSmokex's block strings.

While personally it's not a very fair mechanic, I do think in this case it evens up the matchup (despite one-siding so many others).

:/

Great. Like I said, get this kid to other tourneys and let him shock the world.
Tim, with all due respect, Smoke has proven himself as an extremely talented player.
He lost his first match to REO, and won every single match, made top 3, and barely lost to REO once again.

This tournament had Canada's top players, and 3 top VSM players, so I don't see how this could be a watered down tournament.

Rm Smoke proved himself very well, he is only 15, and I commend him for going out there, and getting a well deserved 3rd place, (he's a winner in my book)

It happens Tim, If you put the top 20 players of MK9, and whoever gets 20th place, does that mean they are overrated or something?
No, getting 3rd place for his first offline tournament, only losing to reo, making a huge comeback, showing his smoke to be probably the best one out there, is more than enough.

I got 2nd at Devastation, then 4th at Texas showdown, and some people acted so surprised.
There are players who are not well known (such as xsmokex who now is), and cat and Pboardplayer who took me out at texas showdown, who have so much potential.

It just saddens me a little to see him not get all the credit he deserves, he's a good friend of mine, and I'm so proud of his accomplishment.

And yes, I think Smoke can hang with VSM
The kid has so much talent.

RM_xSMoKEx congrats :)

I still love you Tim, just had to get this out there <3
with no disrespect

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
yea but no one was saying about IKizzle or m2dave what they did about xSmokex. You are correct but no one else ever said it until you did. Then again, Justin Wong didnt get Top 8 at those tourneys (so what if he wasnt at those tourneys? lol). Good shit, Canada. -_-
Uhh.. Chris G got 2nd @ PowerUp. I'm not discrediting PowerUp nor anyone's placement outside 16bit's; but your extremely rude argument here is rather void.

Canada has an amazing team of players; and while still not VSM, I would have to ask you who else compares to the success of VSM's members?

When Kizzile won the Sektor band wagon officially left the station.
When M2Dave won people started to consider Freddy a legit top 5 character.
When xSmokex broke the game in a tournament setting with tech he showcased months ago, he proved he has balls bigger than we will ever have.

Gimmick

Noob
Good Shit xsmokex! I now have a new smoke player to look up to. By the way, when's the last time anyone remembers Reo getting Flawlessed?

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Too many posts to like in this thread, I'd be here for days lol.

And for everyone complaining about Kabal, it isn't Kabal, it's REO. Trust me when i tell you he is unique and a truly skilled player. If REO played Baraka he would still be amazing. He just happens to use a good character.

Kabal is the best, no doubt, but don't discredit the man. He earned it just like anyone else.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Huge props to RM_xSMoKEx,
What a great kid, Had him and Reo in my pool, and after playing xSmokex for a about 40 mins before the tourny started I new he was gonna do well.

Major props for being so young and holding your shit together on the main stage tonight too man, we were cheering you on hard man, and you just kept it coming.

It's hard enough for a guy like me to get around to tournys, i can't imagine it will be that easy for him to get to another one that soon, but we all seen what your capable of, and it's great for the MK community man.

Good Stuff man!!! glad you and your buddy made it out, glad we got matches in :)

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Huge props to RM_xSMoKEx,
What a great kid, Had him and Reo in my pool, and after playing xSmokex for a about 40 mins before the tourny started I new he was gonna do well.

Major props for being so young and holding your shit together on the main stage tonight too man, we were cheering you on hard man, and you just kept it coming.

It's hard enough for a guy like me to get around to tournys, i can't imagine it will be that easy for him to get to another one that soon, but we all seen what your capable of, and it's great for the MK community man.

Good Stuff man!!! glad you and your buddy made it out, glad we got matches in :)
Haha! Thanks Jimmy for cheering me on. Awesome casuals in the beginning, without those idk what i would have done. I think you helped further condition my spacing against VIDA and NeoRussel for the later matches.

I was actually questioning using Kabal in the later matches but i'm glad i didn't. Smoke all the way!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

And for everyone complaining about Kabal, it isn't Kabal, it's REO. Trust me when i tell you he is unique and a truly skilled player. If REO played Baraka he would still be amazing. He just happens to use a good character.

Kabal is the best, no doubt, but don't discredit the man. He earned it just like anyone else.
Baraka vs. Smoke is 5-5 anyway lol. But yes, REO could take Kano and win a major(and that would be an accomplishment, trust me....)

IKizzLE

BloodHound

Your humility and modesty sickens me.