What's new

Confirmed: PDP is producing Injustice: GAU Fightstick from Battle Edition

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Who wants to buy a product that'll have to be modded fresh out of the box?

domaug

VF Player/MK Hitbox Noob
Who wants to buy a product that'll have to be modded fresh out of the box?
if you mean just a stick that doesn't have Sanwa parts, i agree.

if you mean in general, i know a lot of people who didn't like the original way their sticks looked. i know i wasn't a fan of the Eightarc Fusion design (although the mirror finish was a nice touch to it).

Umm I usually walk through the door of GGA with a back pack filled with my PDP stick... I honestly thinkI would be even free'er if I used a pad... IMO pad is bad... So dont forget about me Jeremiah...
Oh yeah, I forgot about your travel backpack when you come to GGA. Pdp are travel friendly!

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
if you mean just a stick that doesn't have Sanwa parts, i agree.

if you mean in general, i know a lot of people who didn't like the original way their sticks looked. i know i wasn't a fan of the Eightarc Fusion design (although the mirror finish was a nice touch to it).
The buttons were my main concern. I think I also heard the stick and gate had issues on the PDP.

All that said, sticks needing aesthetic mods are understandable. No company is gonna please everyone with their design. I modded the crap out of my stick, lol (plug: http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p196/The_King_of_the_Otters/Smoke-Arcade.jpg). It's when a consumer HAS to mod because the parts aren't quality. That's what's bothersome.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Fool me once!!! I'll wait for the review, to make this cost effective the parts will have to be cheep, as you are getting a stick and game for 149.

Good sticks go for that price without a game, guess we'll see how it all shakes down.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Guys, chill...

First, the PDP MK stick was VERY EASILY modded with IL parts to make them arcade perfect.

Second, this stick looks to be in the same vein as a Madcatz TE, so based on that, it looks like, even if they use off brand parts, they should be easily swapped with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts. I've dealing with sticks a long time, so just chill for the time being and @PDPCandace will get us the info as soon as she can. They were smart enough to use arcade swappable parts last time, I'm sure they're doing it again this time.
i think the issue people had with modding the stick as is it wasn't very dual mod friendly. the pcb with the MK arcade style PDP's weren't considered to be very good, as the others brands were. I think people have still misinterpreted that info, but that is the overall feeling about them from the modders etc.

but everything you said was true.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
who remembers madcatz before sfiv sticks came out.

I've been using this stick for a bit and personally recommend it.
I could care less about who's manufacturing the stick, the principal at hand from a community perspective is that you claimed that you've been busting your asses off to rectify all the areas where MK9 was frowned upon yet you're already encouraging everybody to buy the same horseshit stick they almost unanimously despised 2 years ago? Yeah, sounds real promising lol.

I guess they should look forward to booting up Injustice and telling them it's powered by Gamespy. And then go into training mode, force themselves to fight the AI because there's no defensive functions and end up getting a 44 frame spinning hook kick trying to poke out of block strings.

They should also look forward to online modes desyncing when they use alternate costumes and the announcer you've hired not knowing how to count past 3. :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I could care less about who's manufacturing the stick, the principal at hand from a community perspective is that you claimed that you've been busting your asses off to rectify all the areas where MK9 was frowned upon yet you're already encouraging everybody to buy the same horseshit stick they almost unanimously despised 2 years ago? Yeah, sounds real promising lol.

I guess they should look forward to booting up Injustice and telling them it's powered by Gamespy. And then go into training mode, force themselves to fight the AI because there's no defensive functions and end up getting a 44 frame spinning hook kick trying to poke out of block strings.

They should also look forward to online modes desyncing when they use alternate costumes and the announcer you've hired not knowing how to count past 3. :)
Super negative nancy mode engaged!

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Guys, chill...

First, the PDP MK stick was VERY EASILY modded with IL parts to make them arcade perfect.
Did you try to dual mod the MK stick?? :confused:

The PDP MK stick was great because it had a nice wooden casing, traditional layout and proper dimensions for oldschool american/euro parts (this one looks too slim for IL or Happ sticks).
I just hope that they use genuine parts (Happ don't have clear buttons on their website ;)) or at least have a common ground PCB. If not then it will be an expensive piece of plastic and shouldn't be recommended to anyone new to arcade sticks because there are way better and cheaper options available.

So common' Candice, release those specs already!

Tim Static

Adminerator

The PDP MK stick was great because it had a nice wooden casing, traditional layout and proper dimensions for oldschool american/euro parts (this one looks too slim for IL or Happ sticks).
I just hope that they use genuine parts (Happ don't have clear buttons on their website ;)) or at least have a common ground PCB. If not then it will be an expensive piece of plastic and shouldn't be recommended to anyone new to arcade sticks because there are way better and cheaper options available.

I had some clear IL's

but LBSH here, that case won't fit happ/IL parts in it. I had a happ stick put into a SF4 TE and we had to extend the bottom just to get it to fit. But you can turn any Sanwa into a bat top with 2 pieces, and you can get one of these to make it feel like a true american stick: http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-gt-o-circle-restrictor-plate-insert/

reptar

Noob
I'm actually looking forward to that stick.. I figured it was made by PDP. Especially since all their new stuff seems to be made for ravers.

The only thing I'm wondering is if that's a similar Suzo-Happ stick to what was in the MK stick.. I liked that one, but if this fight stick is supposed to be "lightweight" I'm wondering if it's going to move around at all. Felt like the only thing keeping the MK TE stick from moving around was the weight.

And btw, the cost of this stick if you subtract the price of the game is $90 if you don't count the other Battle Edition extras. No fuckin Madcatz TE ever launched at that price. You're better off comparing it in price to the WWE Brawl Stick or TvC stick or something, and in that regard I think it'll be quite good.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
@Tim Static

Yups! A Sanwa battop, round plate and a stronger (or double) spring can transform it into an oldschool killing machine that fits any modern case. I hope they used the JLF for the Injustice stick.

Justice

Noob
Well, it's not like they were gonna spend the dough to get Qanba to make their stick ;)

It does look nice tho. I hope the specs are good or that its easily modded :D

Noob

Just as Tim mentioned, I realize you were talking about dual modding the stick. I was under the impression you were talking about putting better parts in which is done very easily on the PDP.

But yeah, the PDP was difficult to dual mod/not dual mod friendly. I actually kept my 360 sticks and gave my brother my PS3 stick because I just used a converter for PS3.

I modded 4 PDP sticks with IL parts and after the mod they work great. I still have them too if anyone wants 1. I have 1 xbox stick and 2 ps3 sticks.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
STRYKIE

You should try to refrain from raging. lol. Take it from me, I used to rage real hard, and talk crap about the devs, but I'm retired. They have a tough job, and this is a new game and crap, and no matter how much you rage it won't change anything that's pissing you off. It's just a game and a stick, man. At least the NRS guys pop in from time to time to say stuff. *shrugs shoulders*
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to come across as if I was raging and I (as I'm sure most of the community does too) want more to anything to ensure that they don't have the same problems to deal with game in, game out, and while I understand how stressing it is to satisfy everyone within a genre as intricate as fighting games, the sad reality is when when players who haven't even had the slightest experience in the coding/programming field are able to cotton on and relate to the methods professionals use to the "fix" the problems at hand better than they can, but NRS just choose to drown it all out and tell the community everything they want to hear until the damage has already been irreparably dealt, these issues will always persist..

Take for example the scaling applied to Jax's corner resets inadvertently nerfing some of Sindel's and Jade's stuff (and other characters but I can't remember who of the top of my head) in MK9 Vita, did they do that specifically because it was easier and cheaper or because that area of collision detection was assigned to a part of the Unreal Engine that only accounts for universal assets that can't be tweaked individually?

Essentially, there's a market of 3-5 million consumers who don't give a flying fuck about any of the above though, and that's why we'll never know.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I wish this stick since its Injustice-Game exclusive would have a Injustice style button layout (light , med, hard, and special button) thats it...