What's new

Confirmed: PDP is producing Injustice: GAU Fightstick from Battle Edition

Tim Static

Adminerator
Candace from PDP just confirmed this via social networks, and I'll post more info here as I can get it. PDP is infact producing the fightsticks in the Battle Edition of Injustice, which was just announced yesterday. In releasing that info yesterday, the picture of the stick (which can be seen below) dropped a major hint as Doomsday is featured on the stick. Nothing has been confirmed about Doomsday, although it was learned today Aquaman is indeed confirmed for Injustice:GAU, which drops April 16th in North America (April 19th in the UK). But back to the stick, no other information is available at this time about what kind of parts are used, among most questions. But as soon as its know, I will update this thread with the news!! Stay tuned to TYM!! Now checkout Candace's tweets on the subject:

Candace PDP said:
The answer is yes, PDP is producing the Injustice: Gods Among Us fight stick that is included in the "Battle Edition" of the game.
https://twitter.com/PDPCandace/status/291654130152394752

Candace PDP said:
No, we aren't making any to be sold individually and I'm not sure what the parts are, but I will be doing my best to figure that out.
https://twitter.com/PDPCandace/status/291655497969451008

Attachments

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
that's cool. i wonder if injustice will be as pad friendly as mortal kombat though
I've seen a picture of the in-game move list for one of the characters. It was all MK-style directional inputs, rather than quarter-circle motions, so it looks like it will be just as pad-friendly.

AssassiN

Noob
Game was perfectly playable on a pad from the built I played, don't think they will change the inputs that much.

Going to be interesting to see if Happ has decided to actually start making compact stuff that matches the Japanese setups. If those buttons and sticks are American, I'll take em. I much prefer those over the Japanese setups anyday.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm no stick modder but didn't the MK one have MAJOR modding issues? Like, it was really hard to do or something?

I forget what the complaints were... but I was hoping it was Madcatz who was making the stick. Oh well, the stick looks amazing... hopefully it suits!

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
who remembers madcatz before sfiv sticks came out.

I've been using this stick for a bit and personally recommend it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
who remembers madcatz before sfiv sticks came out.

I've been using this stick for a bit and personally recommend it.
Anything different (inside) from the MK fightstick?

And I'm likely getting the Battle Edition... that stick is sexy. I don't even use a stick, but... DAMNIT!

domaug

VF Player/MK Hitbox Noob
is PDP using the Noir button layout? ooh this may be a nice moddable stick to get. i've wanted to try out that layout since the Hitbox uses something similar.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
I think me and noobe are the only ones left that use PDP in MK9?
Umm I usually walk through the door of GGA with a back pack filled with my PDP stick... I honestly thinkI would be even free'er if I used a pad... IMO pad is bad... So dont forget about me Jeremiah...

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the mk9 stick was made to feel and function just like playing on an old mk1-4 arcade machine which it did exactly this.

this stick is made to play injustice on.

the mk9 stick was made to feel and function just like playing on an old mk1-4 arcade machine which it did exactly this.

this stick is made to play injustice on.
Why don't you play with the community online in MK9? Will you in Injustice?

Noob
Guys, chill...

First, the PDP MK stick was VERY EASILY modded with IL parts to make them arcade perfect.

Second, this stick looks to be in the same vein as a Madcatz TE, so based on that, it looks like, even if they use off brand parts, they should be easily swapped with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts. I've dealing with sticks a long time, so just chill for the time being and @PDPCandace will get us the info as soon as she can. They were smart enough to use arcade swappable parts last time, I'm sure they're doing it again this time.