What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

1 thing that NRS should explore more is the Krushing Blows effects. I really like how some KB deal less dmg but stun the opponent for a full combo. Something like a KB that slow you down for a moment, maybe a KB that steal a meter bar or buff (like Baraka KB on his throw could buff him in some way).. I mean, go wild don't play safe.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Also if they're going to give us rollback netcode they really should give us control over the frame lag online. The frame lag is set too high for low pings by default.

Slymind

Noob
1 thing that NRS should explore more is the Krushing Blows effects. I really like how some KB deal less dmg but stun the opponent for a full combo. Something like a KB that slow you down for a moment, maybe a KB that steal a meter bar or buff (like Baraka KB on his throw could buff him in some way).. I mean, go wild don't play safe.
I agree. KBs would be way more interesting If they had new effects across the board, It could be the answer to new combo paths people ask for.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Scorpion doesn't have a 9 frame mid

he can be hella bullied.

In Reborn you can react to his teleport by defensive meter drained. (i think its like 40 total frames to react).

He doesn't bypass neutral anymore than Cetrion being able to teleport out of the corner for free. Or Skarlet teleporting out of the corner for free.

I feel like you guys have some serious PTSD and no ability to go into the training mode for 20mins to figure out how to deal.
You're comparing Scorpion's teleport, a move that practically grounds you since jumping (especially if he has meter) will cost you half your life to Skarlet's and Cetrion's getaway teleports. That's fucking hilarious.

CmC_HAt

Noob
I think this goes for every character. Just little is enough to balance things out. No over buffing or over nerfing I hope.
if they dont overbuff jonny and kollector, and dont overnerf the top6 of this game(sonya, jackie, cassie, scorp, erron, geras ), i'll play geras IW, that is overbuffed since day1

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You're comparing Scorpion's teleport, a move that practically grounds you since jumping (especially if he has meter) will cost you half your life to Skarlet's and Cetrion's getaway teleports. That's fucking hilarious.
How dare I use an example of a teleport of another character that completely enhances their main purpose of negating the neutral of pushing them into the corner to be able to stop them retreating to zone.

How. Dare. I.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Two questions- What time is the Kast EST? When is the actual balance patch going into effect?

Anyone know?

I agree. KBs would be way more interesting If they had new effects across the board, It could be the answer to new combo paths people ask for.
yeah excatly. I really like the KBs mechanic in this game and i hope that NRS understand that working on them could really add more strategy layers to the game. They can really have fun with this, what if shang has a kb that steal the last special used by the op? Imagine the hype and the combos possibilities.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Ah ok, I was hearing the patch was this week but figured that it didn't make sense if NW comes out next week. Thanks.
I could be wrong about that. I just thought I saw somewhere that they would be rolled out at the same time, don't remember where though.

But that would fall in line with how NRS usually releases them.

jesus this was a tough thread to read through.....what the hell happened to yall in the time between mk9 and now?! more whining in here than a damn suburban tupperware party....
BUFF: balls
NERF: feelings

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
You all complaining like its vanilla igau Scorpion, lol. Spend more time in training instead of yapping and complaining on the forums...

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
jesus this was a tough thread to read through.....what the hell happened to yall in the time between mk9 and now?! more whining in here than a damn suburban tupperware party....
BUFF: balls
NERF: feelings
Just another day at the office

Hopefully they clean some shit up.

KB requirements and movelists do NOT feel finished and i'm still surprised they let it rock like this past EVO. They need to at the very least clean up some of the movelist options, if not add a 3rd, and make some of these KB's not a joke to activate.

D

Deleted member 35141

Universal hitbox fixes
And universal KB fixes is what I want

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
she denies ground skulls with glow, she punish it with nitro kick , she has better footsies than him and faster butons. BLOCK corpse drops then Shang has no meeter for combos if he amplify them. she has better zoning than him. maybe get better in the mu or lab shang.

At god+ rank jade destroy shang everyone counter pick me with jade,scorpion and geras
except glow doesnt work on corpse drop, and she can't really do much of anything about the far ground skulls. and shang gets more damage than her too.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
With the highly, HIGHLY anticipated patch inevitably coming, I'm sure everyone is eager to know who will receive blessings and who will get the bat. Now we aren't sure who is getting what yet but I think it's safe to say that we have thoughts on the matter, specifically who will get the "Bane Treatment" and the "Scorpion Treatment".

For those who are confused as to what those terms mean:

Bane Treatment [bān ˈtrētmənt]: the manner in which someone is given INCREDIBLE buffs, thus boosting them from arguably lowest tier to god tier in one patch.
Examples: Bane IGAU, Shinnok MKX

Scorpion Treatment [ˈskôrpēən ˈtrētmənt]: the manner in which someone is given INCREDIBLE nerfs, thus dropping them from god tier to lowest tier in one patch.
Examples: Scorpion IGAU, Tanya MKX (at one point), Deadshot I2

Other types of balances:

Reasonable Buffs: the manner in which a character receives buffs, but they aren't too significant or it's buffs that the character needs but don't take them to OMG levels. May move up a couple spots in tiers
Examples: Catwoman IGAU, Kitana MKX (before the last patch), Poison Ivy I2

Reasonable Nerfs: the manner in which a character receives nerfs, but they aren't too significant or it's nerfs that the character needs but don't take them to trash levels. May move down a couple spots in tiers.
Examples: Rain MK9, Batman IGAU, Mileena MKX, Catwoman I2

Unreasonable Buffs: the manner in which a character recieves buffs, but the character was already good and/or the buff just doesn't make any sense and doesn't need it. May move up a couple spots in tiers.
Examples: MMH IGAU, Kitana MKX (last patch), Firestorm I2

Unreasonable Nerfs: the manner in which a character receives Nerfs, but the character was already bad and/or the nerf doesn't make any sense and doesn't need it. May move down a couple spots in tiers.
Examples: Harley IGAU, Jax MKX (last patch)

There may be more types of balances but I'm too lazy now lol. Feel free to add them or discuss what's being talked about now

I am ready for the salt this thread will produce
But do you think Johnny is buff?